[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

hi again sovyn

my char and my gear advance pretty well i spend 1.5 ex for a chest yesterday ( i broke myself there )

i have a huge issue to gear myself atm, i would appreciate your help here

i dont see how to cap the chaos res ( at least to 0 ) witch is pretty importent
assuming i will find some gloves and belt to cap the 30% i'm lacking in all res atm ( in fact 45% but i will take Diamond Skin later on )
should i better rush some jewels with chaos res ? or should i better change one of my rings ?

thx for your future advise, cheers
"
Cråck wrote:
i dont see how to cap the chaos res ( at least to 0 ) witch is pretty importent
assuming i will find some gloves and belt to cap the 30% i'm lacking in all res atm ( in fact 45% but i will take Diamond Skin later on )

I wouldn't worry about chaos res. Max your elemental res ASAP.

You use this to kill chaos boss:

You'll notice I have only 1 item with chaos res in the premium setup and I am -33% before flask and +2% with flask. I do fine, I just focus on killing the offender quickly.

If you need to, get jewels with lots of elemental resist on them, you can get over 50 total points of resists on one jewel so it is a good way to fix this.
edit: nvm
Last edited by superkegs on Jun 12, 2017, 10:37:46 PM
is berserker an option for ascendancy class?
"
jandoedel23 wrote:

Yes. I don't think it is better than inquisitor. The tooltip would be more, but inquisitor's benefits not shown on tooltip are substantial. Inquisitor is obviously tankier as well.
Last edited by Sovyn on Jun 14, 2017, 1:02:14 PM
I don't understand how people pay homage to a build full of pathing inefficiencies and only 120k peak dps.

Pardon the harsh opening statement, It's tough because the build will struggle against the Guardians as well as Shaper. We need more dps.
Last edited by Magerdanu on Jun 14, 2017, 6:39:58 PM
"
jandoedel23 wrote:

as inquisitor u will benefit more from all the crit stuff, and elemental damage as well as some elemental tankiness from ascendancy
as berserker u will deal more pure phys dmg and have lot of sustain comming from assendancy, it's mean u can to sacrifice this stats from items

"
Magerdanu wrote:
I don't understand how people pay homage to a build full of pathing inefficiencies and only 120k peak dps.

Pardon the harsh opening statement, It's tough because the build will struggle against the Guardians as well as Shaper. We need more dps.

actually i'm only lvl 80 and didin't find or clear any +T10 maps yet but for me atm the dps isn't a problem and will only grow since i didin't get lot of offensif nodes yet

what do u mean by " pathing inefficienices " ?

i'm a beginner and this build (realy cheap !!) allows me to easly acced to the end game content.

i started with a marauder ancestral warchief and "find" a pseudo "cheap build" suposed to be viable for T16 , but finnally the real price of the build is around 10ex if u realy want to clear this hight tiers with efficience.. hf to find 10ex for a suposed cheap build when u begin on the game

@Sovyn

any tips for Atziri ?
"
actually i'm only lvl 80 and didin't find or clear any +T10 maps yet but for me atm the dps isn't a problem and will only grow since i didin't get lot of offensif nodes yet

what do u mean by " pathing inefficienices " ?

i'm a beginner and this build (realy cheap !!) allows me to easly acced to the end game content.

i started with a marauder ancestral warchief and "find" a pseudo "cheap build" suposed to be viable for T16 , but finnally the real price of the build is around 10ex if u realy want to clear this hight tiers with efficience.. hf to find 10ex for a suposed cheap build when u begin on the game

The issue is the nodes that are taken aren't efficient. There are better nodes that are easily within reach if you chose to specialize in a weapon type, to top it off block is a heavy investment that requires spell block to be covered by at least one item slot.

If you choose to utilize the stone lazhwar over a rare amulet you are losing out on a significant source of dps. Without a reliable means of generating charges outside of Romira's Banquet, the build also sacrifices a potential high yielding dps ring.

Block requires a heavy investment, going crit in addition to utilizing generic physical nodes makes this build suffer when compared to other, more efficient and or specialized builds.

The Templar start is terrible for melee and block builds. The tree generates most of it's dps and block from the nodes that are taken from the Duelist/Ranger area. As such making this a block Gladiator would be a huge boost to the builds efficiency. You could allocate the points that are spent on pathing halfway around the scion start into any other nodes that suit your fancy, with it still being stronger overall.

"
Magerdanu wrote:

The Templar start is terrible for melee and block builds. The tree generates most of it's dps and block from the nodes that are taken from the Duelist/Ranger area. As such making this a block Gladiator would be a huge boost to the builds efficiency. You could allocate the points that are spent on pathing halfway around the scion start into any other nodes that suit your fancy, with it still being stronger overall.

it's like saying berserker Oro's builds shouldn't exist coz they go into the duelist and ranger sides to take the 2h / sword / and vaal pact nodes ...

i still dont get what is wrong with this build if i go for sword spec.
here is what i plan as a tree :
https://pastebin.com/uVtcU8bm
try to make better with gladiator if u pleases
all u will save is boots + amulett + a jewell slot and maybe a gem slot consuming blood rage if u chose to go for the frenzy charges on ascendacy, i daubt the difference will be so huge.. u stil can to try to prove me wrong.
in your calculations do not forget that the crit dmg from templar are ignoring all the resistences and nearby ennemies are taking 16% more elemntal dmg... every single inquisitor scale well with a well rounded crit build ( eg. cospri's ) , the huge advantage of this one is it's a realy tanky one ( thx to the block )

i've clean some T11 map this night, and as i suposed the dps isn't a problem, every pack get os with my courent build, and as i said the dps will only grow up as i still have all the crit and crit multipliers nodes to get + some items to change + endgame laby to finnaly end my ascendacy
"
Magerdanu wrote:

Well, hang on now.

Not everyone cares about killing the absolute top boss in the game.

For 1 ex for the budget setup, this build is very nice.

Additionally, with the optional sword nodes, my peak DPS is higher than 120K... more like 150K. I haven't updated my brag screenshot in a while. Stuff dies very fast.

Finally, there is nothing stopping anyone from taking all of the damage nodes in the build first.

The pathing is quite efficient once you understand it. I have studied the options carefully.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info