[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

"
Magerdanu wrote:
Without a reliable means of generating charges outside of Romira's Banquet, the build also sacrifices a potential high yielding dps ring.

Block requires a heavy investment, going crit in addition to utilizing generic physical nodes makes this build suffer when compared to other, more efficient and or specialized builds.

The Templar start is terrible for melee and block builds. The tree generates most of it's dps and block from the nodes that are taken from the Duelist/Ranger area. As such making this a block Gladiator would be a huge boost to the builds efficiency. You could allocate the points that are spent on pathing halfway around the scion start into any other nodes that suit your fancy, with it still being stronger overall.

Romira's is a great DPS ring, only a mirror worthy rare ring would be better....

Block nodes have defense and damage on them too, you would have to spend a pile of points to even equal them. The premium is not anything like you make it out.

You'd have to start as a shadow to really beat the melee damage here, this is a templar build which takes advantage of the excellent inquisitor... not everyone wants to be a shadow. A shadow would generally be a bit weaker defensively, within a budget.

Gladiator works fine, but it ends up being some of this for some of that, the end result is about the same. You get an amulet instead of amplify and inquisitor. It's nothing big like you think.
hi again Sovyn

i'm still waiting for some tips to Aziri encounter ^^

as she's reflecting curses i made some flask to remove curses
i also think to cast enduring cry for endurace charges as the endurance charge on stun support wouldn't work, this will keep my immortal call ready for cwdt
i will probably take a totem for %attack speed

i will run with 3800hp and 800es is this enough ?

any advises would be appreciable, cheers
"
Cråck wrote:
hi again Sovyn

i'm still waiting for some tips to Aziri encounter ^^

as she's reflecting curses i made some flask to remove curses
i also think to cast enduring cry for endurace charges as the endurance charge on stun support wouldn't work, this will keep my immortal call ready for cwdt
i will probably take a totem for %attack speed

i will run with 3800hp and 800es is this enough ?

any advises would be appreciable, cheers

3800 is a little low, but really the key to the encounter is just avoid the flameblasts with whirling blades.

I remove my curse gem before entering her room.

You can see my ancient video when I first killed her. Obviously she goes down much faster now, but you can get an idea of how it's done.
Hi there! New player here working with the build and I'm getting the hang of it, should blow through Merciless here this weekend and start doing maps. Super excited.

I guess my questions are related to what's holding me back and what skill gems should I look for to round out the build? If you need a direct link to my character you can find it here: https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/lottabullets/characters

I'm leaning towards going into the swords build, but my weapon has a ton of dps as is (bought it for like 1 alch, 350 dps or so). I like the Static Strike skill with multistrike, I just wonder if I'm not getting the full power out of the build as my tooltip dps is around 9k at the moment, but I have no issues with plowing through the content I'm currently in.

I'd love to hear what you guys have to say, thanks!
"
lottabullets wrote:

You'd have to go into your forum settings to make the character tab public. The default is only you can view that.

If you are not having any trouble clearing content as you say, there really isn't a problem.

However, static strike is currently second tier.

First tier skills are blade flurry first, then ice crash and earthquake. It's easy to see why when a stopwatch is employed. The map clear times are just that much faster. However, time to level 95 isn't everything, so do what you enjoy most.

As you are only in the 60s I wouldn't worry too much about things just yet, if you are having fun, that's really all you need. However, I would suggest looking at the budget setup and copying it. Get familiar with poe.trade website and looks for deals once a day.
"
Sovyn wrote:
"
lottabullets wrote:

You'd have to go into your forum settings to make the character tab public. The default is only you can view that.

If you are not having any trouble clearing content as you say, there really isn't a problem.

However, static strike is currently second tier.

First tier skills are blade flurry first, then ice crash and earthquake. It's easy to see why when a stopwatch is employed. The map clear times are just that much faster. However, time to level 95 isn't everything, so do what you enjoy most.

As you are only in the 60s I wouldn't worry too much about things just yet, if you are having fun, that's really all you need. However, I would suggest looking at the budget setup and copying it. Get familiar with poe.trade website and looks for deals once a day.

Alright it should be public now, didn't realize that it was off by default.

I wasn't really a fan of how Blade Flurry worked when I tried it out, I may give Ice Crash and Earthquake a try out as they seem to play a little better than Blade Flurry.

I've copied the budget build as close as I can, I'm just really new to the game and don't know if I'm missing any other sources of free damage as I have several sockets open and mostly just want now to know what to fill them with.

Thanks for the answer

EDIT: Today was a great day for loot. I got a Shavronne's that someone bought for 300c and ive pretty much gone BiS with Ice Crash and going to have an absolute blast. I think I'm set, but I'll leave the original post up in case someone can gain some info from it
Last edited by lottabullets on Jun 17, 2017, 3:43:32 AM
"
lottabullets wrote:
I think I'm set

Since you are not using aegis I would change out melee damage on full life for increased AOE (best clear speed in maps), or faster attacks (more responsive skill) or physical to lightning (high tooltip but elemental reflect is an issue if not careful).

I think meginord's girdle would give you more damage and life.

Also, without aegis, I would use blood rage.

Finally, your stone of lazhwar could be cheaply exchanged for a block corruption.

There is one wasted point by ranger area that you could use to get brutal blade now. Like so
"
lottabullets wrote:
Hi there! New player here working with the build and I'm getting the hang of it, should blow through Merciless here this weekend and start doing maps. Super excited.

I guess my questions are related to what's holding me back and what skill gems should I look for to round out the build? If you need a direct link to my character you can find it here: https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/lottabullets/characters

I'm leaning towards going into the swords build, but my weapon has a ton of dps as is (bought it for like 1 alch, 350 dps or so). I like the Static Strike skill with multistrike, I just wonder if I'm not getting the full power out of the build as my tooltip dps is around 9k at the moment, but I have no issues with plowing through the content I'm currently in.

hi
lvl 80, i'm currently running on t12 maps with this build

my personnal advises for u would be
-rush "amplify" asap with 4 points to going there u take notable 5% hp,15% melle dmg,3% attack speed and 20% area dmg ( + some other stuff) it's a huge dps boost

-rush "retaliation" => huge defensif boost + dmg boost

-your gloves are cool but armor ones with some attack speed would be better, i'm personnaly using the the shaper's touch, as it's scale realy great with aegis aurora

-change your belt, meginord is excellent ( 1c if not less ), or go for a rare rustic sash with elemental weapon dmg ( expensif )

-stone of lazhwar with "%spell block" or " %block chances" would be better

-try to find a ring with accuracy and multistrike bonuses ( could be expensif so do not focus on to much)

-try to find a helmet with 500+ armor and chest with +1000 armor (both before 20% upgrade) when u will have some time, for the moment the yours are fine

-find a place to put herald of ash it will boost your dps by 15% and the passif will upgrade your clear speed

-change your "cwdt" on your boots take a new one lvl 1 and do not lvl up this, u need to have "tempest shield" proc affter few dmg to cap your block asap during fight, u can to lvlup the "golem" and "hatred", if your golem dies u simply recast him, not a big deal
and link blood rage into this cwdt it will boost your dps, as i'm using aegis aurora and it's not for me but on u it should be pretty cool

-btw lvlup a bit the other "cwdt" at least 1400 dmg before the procs of immortal call otherwaise u are just losing your endurace charges for nothin ( remember u take reduces dmg by endurace charge)

-i personnaly prefer "conc effect" > "incrase aoe", it's make your aoe smaller bug the dmg bigger ... i like dmg :p ( depending the maps tho ), aswell as "phys to lighting" > "elemntal focus" ( if u like to keep the colours, if not faster attacks make your skill more handy... i belive it's still a personnal appreciation)

- finally but probably the most importent where are your JEWELS ? ! :o
the jewels are the best boost for all the builds, u can to cap your res, your hp, your block chances and your spell block chances ( btw at least one "reckless defense" is mandatory on the build ) and boost your dmg.. 1 jewel = minimum 3 skill points, it's a must have
the only negatif aspect of this build i could find is there are only 3 jewels :(

- for the links, the best i find :
3L => weapon 1, fortify + movement skill + i dont see a huge diff to have faster attacks on the movement skill so i did put hatred over there but it's a personnal appreciation, faster attacks is good to have on movement skill
3L = weapon 2, cwdt lvl 1 tempest shield + blood range,
4L => cdwt lvlup + inc duration or herlad of ash + immortal call + golem/hatred
4L => vengeance + riposte + stun + endurance charge on stun
4L => reckoning + curse on hit + 1 curse + hatred or herard of ash

cheers
Last edited by Cråck on Jun 18, 2017, 1:52:05 AM
Hello mate , thx for the build its truly amazing !just one question , I recently acquired a shield and it seems rly good , just wanna know ur opinion of whether its better than lioneye or not! its this one:

"
FuNnYKiLl3r wrote:
Hello mate , thx for the build its truly amazing !just one question , I recently acquired a shield and it seems rly good , just wanna know ur opinion of whether its better than lioneye or not! its this one:

Since we get a huge chunk of defenses from our shield due to 'increased defences from equipped shield' nodes, it pays to have more defenses on a shield, which is why lioneye's, aegis, or surrender are recommended.

Since are we capped on both types of block (or close, for low budget) then the block properties on that don't help us. You shouldn't be 'low life' anyway.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info