[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

Aha thanks , but one more question , I'm lvl 75 right now and to be honest I haven't had any trouble at all with any map or mob , except for bosses such as malachai and labyrinth boss and that's only because it takes me abit too much time to kill them even though I'm doin the tactics correctly but I die because of flasks goin empty and fight taking too long , do you think I should have another single target melee gem to use on bosses instead of bladeflurry ?
"
FuNnYKiLl3r wrote:
do you think I should have another single target melee gem to use on bosses instead of bladeflurry ?

Nope, anything else would be a sideways move. There is always the chance that earthquake or ice crash may work better for your personal style.

It's most likely that your gear hasn't been updated lately.

Make sure to copy the budget setup listed on the first page. A setup similar to that will serve you well. Learn to use poe.trade website. Don't pay more than a chaos or two for any of that stuff. Maybe up to ten for a good rare ring or gloves though. Get the best rolls that you can, especially the weapon. Also consider the optional sword node cluster mentioned in the guide sooner than later.

Edit; One more idea, you can swap increased AOE for concentrated effect for bosses to take them down quickly.

Last edited by Sovyn on Jun 20, 2017, 2:05:23 PM
I don't have time to trawl through 655 pages of forum posts (grats on having so much attention on your build tho), but what changes would you recommend for this build if we had the currency+desire to clear shaper/uber atziri?

Thanks in advance and great build.
"
SoupyNuggs wrote:
what changes would you recommend for this build if we had the currency+desire to clear shaper/uber atziri?

The build is good as is, but depending on league you may look for legacy aegis variant or consider life leech / life gain on hit / blind combo on surrender to take advantage of the lvl 30 reckoning damage. I would suggest high ES/Life/AR hybrid gear. Good corruptions can't hurt for the shield, amulet, etc. It's always a balance between damage and survivability with any build. It's mostly the player; if she has killed the top bosses before, she can probably do it with this build too.
Hello and thank you for the great detailed guide.

I have obtained this legacy variant of
with insane 36% block. I am still new to your build (lvl 61). Should I keep this shield or should I follow the guide as written?
Last edited by Brongard on Jun 21, 2017, 5:26:40 AM
"
Brongard wrote:
Hello and thank you for the great detailed guide.

I have obtained this legacy variant of
with insane 36% block. I am still new to your build (lvl 61). Should I keep this shield or should I follow the guide as written?

That's a nice shield for now, but for merciless malachai and higher maps you'll want something in terms of defenses on it to take advantage of the increased defenses from equipped shield from the tree.
"
SoupyNuggs wrote:
I don't have time to trawl through 655 pages of forum posts (grats on having so much attention on your build tho), but what changes would you recommend for this build if we had the currency+desire to clear shaper/uber atziri?

Thanks in advance and great build.

u can to check my build after having crush the classic one, i did try uber atziri's recently,
well as long as u dodge her aoe dmg, the dps shouldn't be a problem... playing with shield charge, i failed :(
i did change for whirling blades and have to accustom
i also belive my hp pool was pretty low for this encounter i was 4.1 hp and 1.1 es
with my current set up i'm on 62% armor (with flask) block cap and all res 148%-159%, 94% chance to hit with 15% crit chance unbuffed ( usually i'm sitting on 30% in fight)

the best way to up the dps is actually to get all the dps flask, if u have the currency for...
otherwaise there is stil vaal haste + assa mark/punishement + blood rage, that i never did run for
i also belive ( but i never did any calculations about it ) scaeva isn't actually the best weapon to deal the highter dps, a good mace or runic hachet would probably do a better job

cheers
Last edited by Cråck on Jun 21, 2017, 8:19:52 PM
"
Cråck wrote:
playing with shield charge, i failed :(
i did change for whirling blades and have to accustom
i also belive my hp pool was pretty low for this encounter i was 4.1 hp and 1.1 es

the best way to up the dps is actually to get all the dps flask, if u have the currency for...

scaeva isn't actually the best weapon to deal the highter dps, a good mace or runic hachet would probably do a better job

Yes, whirling blades is basically required for the hardest bosses in the game. Everything else has a slower animation time.

Life pool - not bad, I don't think a life build would have enough life nodes or life gear to withstand max damage crit flameblasts from uber even if you spent all your points on life. So, you have to dodge as intended.

Taste of hate is nice. A little expensive. You are correct.

Rare weapons have to be very high end to beat scaeva because scaeva has the extra crit chance when in main hand, and also some crit multiplier. I haven't tested this, but you would probably need a sword over 370 pdps with nice crit chance (6.5+) to really beat it and that is an expensive item.

You are correct that the build is intended to work with any weapon type, however, the optional sword nodes are a great boost, so a sword may be best. You can get galvanic hammer and blunt instrument for the same points for a mace or sceptre, but again, not as good, so the weapon would have to be amazing to compensate.
hey there. looking to play this builds in 3.0 after long pause :) will u update this build when 3.0 official patch notes comes out?
"
harakenQ wrote:
hey there. looking to play this builds in 3.0 after long pause :) will u update this build when 3.0 official patch notes comes out?

Sure will!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info