[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

"
ph4rcyde wrote:
I have been trying to follow this build to a T. wish there was a green yellow orange red flow chart for the skills that you put in... that would have helped a ton. but my problem is that i dont have near the damage or block as you. i was hoping maybe you could take a look at my build/gear and tell me whats so screwed up.

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/ph4rcyde

~thank you

Nuts

The big one is flasks, take a look at my example flasks, especially the unique ones.

Second, the damage shown is with physical to lightning, if you want tooltip damage you need that instead of AOE. (Clear speed is generally slightly faster with AOE, though)

You are not leveled enough to get all the damage crit nodes. Naturally, the higher you go, the better the damage you do, which makes perfect sense.

Try a scaeva with brutal blade / fatal blade too, you'll get some block and lot of damage/crit.

You'd need a nice 4 block corrupted stone of lazhwar if you want to go with the aegis instead of bringer of rain. Notice the setups on page one in detail.

Lastly, we get into the minor details like no damage on gloves, no jewels yet, no life or damage on ring, all fixable.

So there is much to do yet.
Hi, first off I really enjoy this build, and appreciate you taking the time to test everything. I was wondering if you could help me figure out where all of your int is coming from. I can't figure it out, and I am having trouble using the items you recommended. Thanks.
"
GiuseppeSexy wrote:
Hi, first off I really enjoy this build, and appreciate you taking the time to test everything. I was wondering if you could help me figure out where all of your int is coming from. I can't figure it out, and I am having trouble using the items you recommended. Thanks.

The build has an optional 30 INT node, which you may need.

The regular tree has a few 10 INT nodes, retribution, one heading down to mara, one heading into duelist, and aspect of the lynx, which you can get sooner if you want.

Actually, versatility instead of the third jewel socket (the two point one) wouldn't be a bad choice.

However, I do have INT on both of the rare skill tree jewels in the premium setup as something like aegis has a higher INT requirement.

The budget setup has a lower INT requirement overall.

If you have skill gems with higher INT requirement, just use the scour + gem recipe at any vendor to get it downgraded, won't matter much really a few levels here or there on those.

Hi,

I am dying pretty often to physical damage monsters and it feels like I am not blocking often...

Gear
Spoiler

Tree
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAUBAQDuApYEhwSzBS0GOQkzC2EM9xPMFCAVIBm0Gj4brSP2JP0oKipNLOktgy5TL8wwfDJONZI8BTwtPQ894j8nQKBFR0d-SO5KyE2STwRP81BHUUdRYF8_YuxlTWebaPJp_m6qcql07XiueTl673sUfuKDX4PMhNmE74aziuSLT419j5mSbpJ9lLiXeZhvm-yce6IAo4qplayvrj6vbK-nsbO1BLXytoq3PrxWvTa-p8BmwL_BgsT2xq7RNtJ802_Tfti92sHcI-Is5CLkUeXP51Tsy-1h7w7veu988B_zBvaj9zL7qv4K
"
Minhtri wrote:
Hi,

I am dying pretty often to physical damage monsters and it feels like I am not blocking often...

You have a staunching flask for bleed / corrupting blood?

Are you removing blood rage on no regen maps, hopefully?

I would suggest getting a block corrupted stone of lazhwar. It's only a few chaos. There is also a 1 block node past solidity and you can get block on your skill tree jewels too.

Finally, there is no reason to use blood magic support on your attack skill at your level. It will just make you more fragile - I feel the pros of not using it outweigh the con of losing arctic armour - try it. Try added fire instead, or better yet, switch to blade flurry to attack from range.
"
Sovyn wrote:
"
Minhtri wrote:
Hi,

You have a staunching flask for bleed / corrupting blood?

Are you removing blood rage on no regen maps, hopefully?

I would suggest getting a block corrupted stone of lazhwar. It's only a few chaos. There is also a 1 block node past solidity and you can get block on your skill tree jewels too.

Finally, there is no reason to use blood magic support on your attack skill at your level. It will just make you more fragile - I feel the pros of not using it outweigh the con of losing arctic armour - try it. Try added fire instead, or better yet, switch to blade flurry to attack from range.

Hi,

Thanks for the reply!

These potions are what I have and I have been looking around for a 2-4% block stone of lazhwar but don't see any on poe.trade.

I played around and removed artic armour to use endurance cry and it works out very well.

I also got the correct colors on my belly of the beast and tried using added fire vs melee physical damage and melee physical damage wins by 5k dps and the life definitely helps a lot!

Thanks for the tips, I am hoping to be able to farming Atziri with my friends soon!
My damage is really bad compared to yours, i dont know why at all. I have 3600 average damage on my blade flurry and i bought gear with all the recommended stats you said

Last edited by BaRt00XX on Apr 2, 2017, 7:45:14 PM
"
Minhtri wrote:
I have been looking around for a 2-4% block stone of lazhwar but don't see any on poe.trade.

Thanks for the tips, I am hoping to be able to farming Atziri with my friends soon!

Here's the link to the block stones: http://poe.trade/search/hahinarekuhigo

Atziri is a snap for this build, just avoid the flameblasts

Also, try to get a lion's roar
"
BaRt00XX wrote:
My damage is really bad compared to yours, i dont know why at all. I have 3600 average damage on my blade flurry and i bought gear with all the recommended stats you said

See the budget setup and copy it exactly as possible.... core item is bringer of rain, can't beat it on the cheap. Heartseeker on the tree makes a little difference, or the optional sword nodes mentioned in the guide.
"
Sovyn wrote:
"
BaRt00XX wrote:

See the budget setup and copy it exactly as possible.... core item is bringer of rain, can't beat it on the cheap. Heartseeker on the tree makes a little difference, or the optional sword nodes mentioned in the guide.

I did as you said and still, i don't have that much damage ... I have a hard time doing bosses from tier 7 when playing with one friend... My average damage is now a bit higher but only by a couple hundred. i have four thousand something while you have eleven thousand ... What am i doing wrong ?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info