[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

"
BaRt00XX wrote:
"
Sovyn wrote:
"
BaRt00XX wrote:
My damage is really bad compared to yours, i dont know why at all. I have 3600 average damage on my blade flurry and i bought gear with all the recommended stats you said

See the budget setup and copy it exactly as possible.... core item is bringer of rain, can't beat it on the cheap. Heartseeker on the tree makes a little difference, or the optional sword nodes mentioned in the guide.

I did as you said and still, i don't have that much damage ... I have a hard time doing bosses from tier 7 when playing with one friend... My average damage is now a bit higher but only by a couple hundred. i have four thousand something while you have eleven thousand ... What am i doing wrong ?

Honestly doing T7s with pretty much 0 quality on all of your gems is really decent tbh. You are pretty much hitting the ceiling a lot of builds do where you have to get your gems to 20% quality and then relevel them to push a lot more damage out. It may not seem like a whole ton, but a typical 20% quality gem will add almost 10% (sometimes more) damage PER gem. Now if you have mostly damage supports on your primary attack in a 6link you are gaining a ton of damage when they are all done.

You might want to focus on spamming maps you can do quickly for awhile then when all your gems are 20, sell them to a vendor with 1 gem cutters prism per gem and you'll get level 1 / 20 quality gems back from them.

Outside of that, flasks and gear upgrades are the other way to go.
"
BaRt00XX wrote:
What am i doing wrong ?

You can try a scaeva with 280+ pdps and 6+ crit for 1 alchemy or something, it might be slightly better than that sword you are using. Very cheap to try.

A cheap meginord's girdle would be more damage and life than that rare belt you are using. That's why it's in the budget setup.

You would need blood rage for the frenzy charges, you can get rid of molten shell, move the red gems to the shield and use the 4-link for level 1 cwdt setup.

Also, remember to check damage with 3 power charges, 3 frenzy charges, blood rage and both damage flasks going.

Finishing uber lab makes a difference too, I didn't check if you had the 8 ascendancy points yet.

Don't forget quality on flasks.
I've just hit 68 with your build and i enjoy it. But having a hard time with the bosses on T1-T2 maps. Clear speed is good but the bosses tear me apart for some reason. Also i'm struggling with my mana a lot.
I'm pretty new to poe.

I got a 6L (2r, 2b, 2g) chest armour. What is your recommendation for the best gems? You have a lot of options but i'm having a hard time figuring out which is the best option as a newly hit map-clearer.
Thanks a lot!

Edit: I'm around 2k dps, 3,8k life and max resist on all besides chaos.
Last edited by mrfredz on Apr 5, 2017, 3:33:26 PM
"
mrfredz wrote:
I've just hit 68 with your build and i enjoy it. But having a hard time with the bosses on T1-T2 maps. Clear speed is good but the bosses tear me apart for some reason. Also i'm struggling with my mana a lot.
I'm pretty new to poe.

I got a 6L (2r, 2b, 2g) chest armour. What is your recommendation for the best gems? You have a lot of options but i'm having a hard time figuring out which is the best option as a newly hit map-clearer.
Thanks a lot!

Do you have a mana leech item? I recommend romira's banquet, which is inexpensive on poe.trade.

Map bosses are a bit of a step up from the storyline bosses, other than the optional merciless malachai. That said, you should be able to breath on t1-t2 and they fall over. maybe in a few levels, i can't say i've tried mapping at only 68 before.

Even with that being the case, I would say that any difficulty would be due to your gear.

You can gear this build well for low cost, but it helps to trade, especially as a new player.

You can change the colors on a chest easily.

If you don't want to change colors, blade flurry, faster attacks, increased area of the effect (or concentrated for boss), physical to lighting, weapon elemental, melee physical, would be good combination.
"
Sovyn wrote:
"
mrfredz wrote:
I'm pretty new to poe.

Thanks a lot!

Do you have a mana leech item? I recommend romira's banquet, which is inexpensive on poe.trade.

Map bosses are a bit of a step up from the storyline bosses, other than the optional merciless malachai. That said, you should be able to breath on t1-t2 and they fall over. maybe in a few levels, i can't say i've tried mapping at only 68 before.

Even with that being the case, I would say that any difficulty would be due to your gear.

You can gear this build well for low cost, but it helps to trade, especially as a new player.

You can change the colors on a chest easily.

If you don't want to change colors, blade flurry, faster attacks, increased area of the effect (or concentrated for boss), physical to lighting, weapon elemental, melee physical, would be good combination.

Thanks for your reply. I can definitely change colors on the chest. What would be the best setup?
And I'll farm dried lake to gain some levels, maybe that's one of my issues!
"
mrfredz wrote:

And I'll farm dried lake to gain some levels, maybe that's one of my issues!

Yes, that's an issue - I normally work myself up in the maps in a new legue. So I get used to the bosses when to attack and press all offensive potions, and when to flee while gulping healing potions.

Timing is everything - I play another build, but similar with bf and aout 4K hideout damage at the moment.

This goes up to more than double if you time 3 offensive potions and totem, + bloodlust - but then you have only a timeframe of a few seconds.

It's kind of you have one shot, and it must hit.

When done right, T9 bosses are melting in 2-3 seconds with similar base damage than yours.

"
mrfredz wrote:
I can definitely change colors on the chest. What would be the best setup?

The gems I suggested are good and you don't have to change it. Just swap concentrated effect in for bosses instead of AOE.
I dont understand why romira ring is good here, if you have high crit it will never give you enough power charges right? you will get a couple then crit and lose all of them.

Can some one explain me why you run this?

I want to play a coc discharger with Mjolner but im uncertain about why did you play romiras when you go full crit. I dont see the point. ( i know that romiras charges first are used to discharge then consumed the remaining ones but in this build you didnt even run discharge)

Also if i run herald of thunder/ice if the procs crits i will lose all the charges too right?
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/172043 SELLINGSHOP
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/148812 UNARMED RAIMBOW TEMPLAR
would a Belt of the Deceiver, Heavy Belt work for this build
"
Lhigtingtopo wrote:
I dont understand why romira ring is good here, if you have high crit it will never give you enough power charges right? you will get a couple then crit and lose all of them.

Also if i run herald of thunder/ice if the procs crits i will lose all the charges too right?

Romira's provides a lot of damage with accuracy and crit chance/multi, and it has the needed mana leech. The power charges basically force a crit periodically by building up crit chance. Overall, it is one of the best damage additions. There is no interaction with heralds last I checked.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info