[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

pvp melee will rarely beat rangers/ranged chars and chaos damage, for that matter; ever... CA and LA with chaos/chaos conversion is just insane.. ranged wins almost all the time, honestly. however, for mapping, this build wrecks when solo. high survivability and enough dps to do t14 maps (haven't tried a t15). atziri is a breeze (have been killing her for ages though so I know the fight); haven't tried UBER.. don't care to
POE is life. POE is ♥.
"
KingTairun wrote:
This build is no good in pvp got massacred by mage 10 lv below me. i hit him few times but didn't even scratched him didn't expect to do massive dmg but also didn't expect to die in a split second how can this be possible :D

Prolly you just have to play a different game if you want to PvP and not a H&S.
Yeah, without a lot of chaos resist gear I could see how any build would get wrecked in PvP. We do take the best chaos resist cluster on the tree so it's not the tree's fault. You would really have to gear for the opponent there. Atziri's Promise flask helps here but it's hard to leap slam and keep the flask going at the same time (I can do it but barely). I used a Caustic Arrow build for a while myself.

Also in pvp matches in this game, I noticed it's a bit unfair as flasks don't recharge in between rounds so those relying on flasks could win round one maybe round two but later rounds always go to those that don't use flasks as part of their build.
Hey i'm new to PoE. Thought i'd do some proper research to understand what i'm getting into beforehand and read this guide. I was wondering, which rewards i should pick from the Act2 Bandits quest on all 3 different difficulties, for this build? Thanks in advance :)
Quit after Legion, rejoined PoE to see what the game's like now in 3.12.
Last edited by Paldamus on Apr 22, 2016, 10:12:34 PM
"
Paldamus wrote:
Hey i'm new to PoE. Thought i'd do some proper research to understand what i'm getting into beforehand and read this guide. I was wondering, which rewards i should pick from the Act2 Bandits quest on all 3 different difficulties, for this build? Thanks in advance :)

I took the skill point (kill all bandits) personally. My character is so old, I've re-used those points about 50 times now so it's nice to have the flexibility. Welcome to PoE.
I see. I guess if you have a pretty solid idea of what your char is gonna be like, u could take some of the other ones too, but the points are flexible indeed, cos it's not like you're gonna have exactly what you want, specially when starting (although i understand that those rewards can be changed). You might want to add the bandtit's rewards into your otherwise great guide. Thanks for replying :)

Oh i was also wondering, what skills would be on your UI's 8 slots? I read the guide fully, but ain't quite sure of what i should/could be using there, since i'm new and really don't know much about the tons of skills in this game. I actually made a lvl 50 witch before making this templar and it was a quite straightforward build. The arctic breath elementalist from the Witch forums. It used 8 skills. Although i don't usually like to copy/paste builds and would make one myself, i feel that i might end up with some crappy char at first because i still dunno much about the game and since i don't want to lvl another char, i'll just rather go with something that has already been proven to be good. I don't just copy stuff though, i do read it all and make sure i understand what i'm playing etc. I understand that depending on the situation you might use different items with different gems and also the secondary weapons set to buff or something, but what are the the bread&butter 8 skills on the UI?
Last edited by Paldamus on Apr 23, 2016, 12:03:28 PM
"
Paldamus wrote:
I see. I guess if you have a pretty solid idea of what your char is gonna be like, u could take some of the other ones too, but the points are flexible indeed, cos it's not like you're gonna have exactly what you want, specially when starting (although i understand that those rewards can be changed). You might want to add the bandtit's rewards into your otherwise great guide. Thanks for replying :)

Oh i was also wondering, what skills would be on your UI's 8 slots? I read the guide fully, but ain't quite sure of what i should/could be using there, since i'm new and really don't know much about the tons of skills in this game.

Thanks for the suggestion but the bandits info has always been there, in the FAQ section.

Since you are new, it's even more important to just copy my build exactly. Anything else would very likely be worse. You can check my current gear example at the bottom of the guide for my gem setups. The gems will be mostly available from the vendors as you complete quests. Here's a list. You'll need your witch to give you a hatred gem though.
Hi,

Really nice build, brings some rare enjoyment to melee character.

One question:
Could you write detailed spell block section? What is it useful for? Can't justify myself building up major spell block while loosing HP/resists in amulet and boots slot.
Hey, thanks. The linked list is quite nice. I read the whole FAQ through and didn't notice anything about the bandits though... and now that i checked it again i found it :O ... Seriously i dunno how i missed that, i was reading all the FAQs and just skipped it lol? :O

Well i already deleted my witch, cos i don't like having pointless secondary, tertiary etc characters that i won't really want to play anyway, so there goes that :p

Also yup, dunno how i didn't think about hovering over the specific items to check the gems :D

I've got a much better overview/understanding of what i'ma do now. Thanks :)
"
tm10067 wrote:
Could you write detailed spell block section? What is it useful for? Can't justify myself building up major spell block while loosing HP/resists in amulet and boots slot.

Spell block mitigates 100% of spell damage when you block. As I have 75% spell block, overall damage reduction from spells would therefore be 75%. Best passive damage reduction in the game. Naturally, you can easily have 75 to each of the elemental resistances as well as a basic defense for the 25% of spells that hit you. I'd say 70 or so spell block that you can get easily and cheaply is substantially better than the 300 additional life you could otherwise have from those slots.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info