[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

"
Sovyn wrote:
"
Fessels2903 wrote:
At the moment I am so uncertain about switching a certain item. I am not sure when or where I found it, but till now I have been using this amulet ...

And it has so far raised the damage for the Earthquake combo to over 3000. BUT I found a amulet mentioned in the build that has quit a few good things, but it drops the damage of Earthquake to some where around 2770. that is close to -300 in damage and I am going for Malachai in cruel. ( And then into Merciless. ) So I am looking for serious advice ... should I switch from the amulet linked above to the Anvil Amber Amulet I found inside the Belly of the beast?

( And take the -300 in damage loss for granted? )

It looks really obvious, but the big damage loss is what makes me doubt at the moment?

The anvil would eventually be higher DPS out of the two. Why? you can take damage nodes earlier instead of some of the block nodes, because anvil has 8 block on it.

Another option would be a rare amulet with a decent physical damage roll and life roll on it which would be inexpensive and much better than your rare there. Or, my choice, stone of lazhwar.

Thank you Sovyn, for now I will switch to the Anvil then, and I will check out the stone of lazhwar as well. :)
Last edited by Fessels2903 on Apr 26, 2016, 6:00:08 AM
"
Fessels2903 wrote:
Thank you Sovyn, for now I will switch to the Anvil then, and I will check out the stone of lazhwar as well. :)

No problem. Also, don't forget that there are corrupted attack speed anvils (up to 8%) out there that usually don't cost much. That corrupted almost negates one of the downsides.

I have this legacy one that I used for a while a long time ago, just for example:

"
Sovyn wrote:
No problem. Also, don't forget that there are corrupted attack speed anvils (up to 8%) out there that usually don't cost much. That corrupted almost negates one of the downsides.

I have this legacy one that I used for a while a long time ago, just for example:

Thank you for the tip Sovyn, I will keep an eye on both of the amulets you mentioned to me. :)
and what about resolute tecnique with inquisitor skill? ( no crit skill ofc ). Its a good alternative?
Atm w/o bringer its imposible cap block and block spell
Last edited by magma82 on Apr 26, 2016, 2:06:05 PM
Hey, thanks for this awesome guide! One question, can you tell me why all the attack skill gems are listed as having 0 quality but supporting ones are all 20? I'm pretty new to this game still and just can't work out the benefit of that...

Thanks!
Last edited by sp0nge86 on Apr 26, 2016, 3:19:05 PM
"
magma82 wrote:
and what about resolute tecnique with inquisitor skill? ( no crit skill ofc ). Its a good alternative?
Atm w/o bringer its imposible cap block and block spell

No, RT would be a big downgrade.

You can easily cap block without bringer of rain but it would cost a little more. 4 block corrupted lazhwar and 2 block gloves and either a 4 block Reckless Defense jewel or the two rare jewels would need 1 block apiece along with a cheap 2 block Reckless Defense. Fortunately Bringer of Rain is very inexpensive (4 chaos) so it's a no-brainer.
"
sp0nge86 wrote:
Hey, thanks for this awesome guide! One question, can you tell me why all the attack skill gems are listed as having 0 quality but supporting ones are all 20? I'm pretty new to this game still and just can't work out the benefit of that...

Thanks!

No benefit, I just could get them easily from the gem vendors to test "apples to apples" right away after they came out. Incidentally, the supports levels make a big difference but the attack skill gem level does not matter much (5K~ extra tooltip from 13 to 20 which is nothing when you are already at 100K). All gems are leveled to 20 except for the CWDT combo (on my gloves) and the curse (not enough INT). Any other questions just ask.
Is this build still viable? Ive been away for awhile and coming back to a lvl 45 templar with refunded points. This seems to be right up my alley (solo player mostly, self geared)
Awesome, thanks for the reply Sovyn. And to the post above, yeah this build is going really well for me, very noob friendly :D. I'm level 59, solo play, poor as anything and playing on hardcore and I still rarely get a scary moment! (famous last words...)
Last edited by sp0nge86 on Apr 28, 2016, 4:23:39 AM
"
0delay wrote:
Is this build still viable? Ive been away for awhile and coming back to a lvl 45 templar with refunded points. This seems to be right up my alley (solo player mostly, self geared)

The build is better than ever. As with any strictly self geared ("self-found") character you will have to stop progressing and farm items and levels periodically. If you are instead willing to trade a little bit for inexpensive items as intended by the developers you can beat the game easily.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info