[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

"
Paldamus wrote:
I've got a much better overview/understanding of what i'ma do now. Thanks :)

Great! Any more questions, just ask.
Ok, thank you for answer, will try it out with lazhwar/rainbowstrides.
How do you deal with ele reflect in this build? Single ele reflect rares are no big deal, but ele reflect maps.... using doryani's, over EW cap, max block..
"
fELonius1 wrote:
How do you deal with ele reflect in this build? Single ele reflect rares are no big deal, but ele reflect maps.... using doryani's, over EW cap, max block..

Since these are attacks you will block 75% of the reflected hits and the remaining 25% will be reduced by your elemental resistances. The incoming damage will be manageable with flasking. The only time you should probably re-roll if if the map has both elemental weakness curse or lower resistances mod plus elemental reflection. If you need to play the map as-is, just use earthquake for that map and turn off hatred/HoA. Then it's moot.
for best defence tank, not a good idea go for guardian subclass with resolute tecnique and a good life leech? it can be a good set? with 2-3 curse like enfeble, warlord or/and poacher?
Last edited by magma82 on Apr 25, 2016, 1:46:33 PM
"
magma82 wrote:
for best defence tank, not a good idea go for guardian subclass with resolute tecnique and a good life leech? it can be a good set? with 2-3 curse like enfeble, warlord or/and poacher?

It works but it will kill monsters at half the speed that my build does.

Don't forget that a large part of a strong defense is a good offense. That's why I've set the balance where I have.

PS I still max spell block easily.
Your build its a good build, but have some problem in party when i play With my friend. At tier 14 i got 3 shot from raid boss and die. For be a pure tank, i can make this mod? Can be a good idea for support the party? with resolute tecnique haven't a good damage output?
Last edited by magma82 on Apr 25, 2016, 6:03:15 PM
At the moment I am so uncertain about switching a certain item. I am not sure when or where I found it, but till now I have been using this amulet ...

And it has so far raised the damage for the Earthquake combo to over 3000. BUT I found a amulet mentioned in the build that has quit a few good things, but it drops the damage of Earthquake to some where around 2770. that is close to -300 in damage and I am going for Malachai in cruel. ( And then into Merciless. ) So I am looking for serious advice ... should I switch from the amulet linked above to the Anvil Amber Amulet I found inside the Belly of the beast?

( And take the -300 in damage loss for granted? )

It looks really obvious, but the big damage loss is what makes me doubt at the moment?
"
magma82 wrote:
Your build its a good build, but have some problem in party when i play With my friend. At tier 14 i got 3 shot from raid boss and die. For be a pure tank, i can make this mod? Can be a good idea for support the party? with resolute tecnique haven't a good damage output?

Three shot from a T14 boss is normal for any build if you are doing something wrong and ignoring how the encounter is meant to be played.

Guardian wouldn't make any difference as you get 75 spell block anyway with affordable gear. The extra 300 life from a rare amulet and boots wouldn't make any difference with big hits like you are describing.

You can leech some now with Doryani's but it wouldn't make much difference to load up on leech nodes and curses. You have to flask anyway. That's why you want DPS to kill bosses fast. I knock them down in just a few seconds. You can choose enfeeble instead of elemental weakness if you want to try a defensive option.

Also you may have a basic gearing problem like not much life where it's available (gloves, ring, belt) or resists are not maxed.
"
Fessels2903 wrote:
At the moment I am so uncertain about switching a certain item. I am not sure when or where I found it, but till now I have been using this amulet ...

And it has so far raised the damage for the Earthquake combo to over 3000. BUT I found a amulet mentioned in the build that has quit a few good things, but it drops the damage of Earthquake to some where around 2770. that is close to -300 in damage and I am going for Malachai in cruel. ( And then into Merciless. ) So I am looking for serious advice ... should I switch from the amulet linked above to the Anvil Amber Amulet I found inside the Belly of the beast?

( And take the -300 in damage loss for granted? )

It looks really obvious, but the big damage loss is what makes me doubt at the moment?

The anvil would eventually be higher DPS out of the two. Why? you can take damage nodes earlier instead of some of the block nodes, because anvil has 8 block on it.

Another option would be a rare amulet with a decent physical damage roll and life roll on it which would be inexpensive and much better than your rare there. Or, my choice, stone of lazhwar.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info