[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

"
Coatesy wrote:
Hey Sovyn,

First off really nicely layed out guide! I'm really interested in playing this as my next character and I was just wondering what skill gem you think is the best to play with this build?

I've been reading your updates and ice crash looks interesting to me personally.

One last question, how far can this build go in terms of maps and atziri?

Thanks,
Coates

Hi Coates, You can go all the way to top tier maps and Atziri is easy once you learn to use your staunching flasks and manually dodge the Flameblasts.

Ice crash is good, especially if you are willing to manually swap the blue gems, concentrated for harder bosses and increased AOE for everything else. If swapping is out for you, maybe earthquake with phys to light. All of the skills mentioned are good though, strengths and weaknesses to each.
"
Sovyn wrote:
"
Coatesy wrote:
Hey Sovyn,

First off really nicely layed out guide! I'm really interested in playing this as my next character and I was just wondering what skill gem you think is the best to play with this build?

I've been reading your updates and ice crash looks interesting to me personally.

One last question, how far can this build go in terms of maps and atziri?

Thanks,
Coates

Hi Coates, You can go all the way to top tier maps and Atziri is easy once you learn to use your staunching flasks and manually dodge the Flameblasts.

Ice crash is good, especially if you are willing to manually swap the blue gems, concentrated for harder bosses and increased AOE for everything else. If swapping is out for you, maybe earthquake with phys to light. All of the skills mentioned are good though, strengths and weaknesses to each.

Awesome thanks mate, will be starting a character with this build tonight!
Today's Update

Updated the FAQ testing section to include the clear speed results posted on the prior page.

I'm considering switching from static strike to Earthquake(13) - Physical to Lightning - Weapon Elemental Damage - Less Duration in my own Bringer of Rain because it is a good balance of boss kill speed and map clear speed without having to swap the blue gem. It's not the best in either scenario, but a decent compromise, at least among the selections I've tested thus far. It would certainly bring into question whether I should retain Berserking on the skill tree or not.
"
Sovyn wrote:
Today's Update

Updated the FAQ testing section to include the clear speed results posted on the prior page.

I'm considering switching from static strike to Earthquake(13) - Physical to Lightning - Weapon Elemental Damage - Less Duration in my own Bringer of Rain because it is a good balance of boss kill speed and map clear speed without having to swap the blue gem. It's not the best in either scenario, but a decent compromise, at least among the selections I've tested thus far. It would certainly bring into question whether I should retain Berserking on the skill tree or not.

I already did switch to the Earthquake combo you tested. The Static Strike combo works very good do not get me wrong but the Earthquake combo you tested is more fun to watch and to use. It is at the moment really helping against the Perandus Chest mobs. ( Well combined with the Carrion Roar War Axe I now use. :) )

Thank you for testing out that Earthquake combo Sovyn.
Last edited by Fessels2903 on Apr 19, 2016, 1:36:35 PM
Is Iron Reflexes worth taking for this build when using BoR ?
"
mirage2k640 wrote:
Is Iron Reflexes worth taking for this build when using BoR ?

No, as the amount of armour added is very small. Most of the evasion you see on the character sheet is from dex (the dex bonus is lost when you take IR). Better to take some of the damage nodes I have on my level 96 tree if you are looking for something to take now rather than later.
Thanks
Hi,

A quick question. Is this build Atziri/Uber viable? Or can it kill Uber at all? If so, do you have any suggestion for status requirement before attempting Atziri and Uber? I am in PHC by the way.

Thanks!
"
dennisxu wrote:
Hi,

A quick question. Is this build Atziri/Uber viable? Or can it kill Uber at all? If so, do you have any suggestion for status requirement before attempting Atziri and Uber? I am in PHC by the way.

Thanks!

In hardcore I wouldn't try it. Almost all builds would fail, unless the player is very skilled. This one all comes down to player skill I'm afraid. Have to flask and dodge just perfectly to do it with zero deaths. I can do zero deaths on Atziri but it's close. Haven't tried uber because there's nothing I want from her, waste of exalts (and I don't have that much play time). The build is great though.
This build is no good in pvp got massacred by mage 10 lv below me. i hit him few times but didn't even scratched him didn't expect to do massive dmg but also didn't expect to die in a split second how can this be possible :D

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info