[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

"
gbkisses wrote:
Hi Sovyn,

Thnak you again for following so close your build ; it's my first -and only char- and im trying to up is as far as i can. Let's say lvl 100 =D

Well im interested in the Aegis Aurora variant, but im getting lost in translation :X

What would you use / change to switch to Aegis build / stuff (from your guide in page 1) ?

Glad you are having fun, gbkisses. You can make it to 100 with this build but as with any build it takes a lot of patience due to the huge amount of maps required. 92 or so is easy though.

For aegis off the top of my head you need a granite flask so there is a little bit of inconvenience with the aegis route. Lots of flasking.

You would also change out blood rage for molten shell, so your DPS would be a little bit less.

You wouldn't really need a block corruption on stone of lazhwar due to aegis' 2% extra block over lioneye's so the extra cost of aegis probably pays for itself. A spell block corruption on stone of lazhwar would probably be pretty cheap, I'd go that way.

Everything else is pretty much the same.
Last edited by Sovyn on Apr 13, 2016, 7:36:39 PM
Has anyone experienced with any of static strike lab enchant?

I saw that dude in chat... he was flashing his leg BOR with the 25% increased damage on Static strike. A max block duelist. He told me he got it on its 2nd try...

I would like to try the range one and the reduced time one.

The odds are so low. I am at 20 runs done and I didn't even get anything related to any gems I run.

Aside from that, I still enjoy the build although no more earthquake. Damage of static strike unbeatable and needed in higher lvl maps. Imagine with that 8% radius!.

Edit: I have a question for you. Does Bone breaker 5% increase the radius of static strike?

Edit2: Another question: Those frenzy charge...Like I manually cast blood rage to get those rolling as soon as possible. Have you considered getting a 4th with passive? 3 points investment.
Last edited by Vapala on Apr 15, 2016, 8:59:47 PM
"
Vapala wrote:
Has anyone experienced with any of static strike lab enchant?

Aside from that, I still enjoy the build although no more earthquake. Damage of static strike unbeatable and needed in higher lvl maps. Imagine with that 8% radius!.

Edit: I have a question for you. Does Bone breaker 5% increase the radius of static strike?

Edit2: Another question: Those frenzy charge...Like I manually cast blood rage to get those rolling as soon as possible. Have you considered getting a 4th with passive? 3 points investment.

Hi Vapala,

If you get an enchant for ice crash, earthquake or static strike I would probably go with the skill you get the enchant for. These are all good skills. It's just that ice crash and earthquake clear trash monsters noticeably faster and static strike kills bosses noticeably faster. Ice crash and earthquake benefit from support gem swapping of course, conc for boss, aoe for trash. phys to light is an option for earthquake (not ice) and it's almost as good, if you really don't want to swap. Strengths and weaknesses.

Bone breaker aoe size works but for the 5 points it takes to get that, other nodes were better in testing. It's such a small amount of aoe size.

Frenzy charges are good but not worth 3 nodes.
Today's Update

Results so far from Gorge (T9) speed run testing:

Ice Crash(13) - Increased Area of Effect - Weapon Elemental Damage - Added Fire Damage
3 minutes, 38 seconds

Earthquake(13) - Increased Area of Effect - Added Fire Damage - Less Duration
3 minutes, 47 seconds

Earthquake(13) - Physical to Lightning - Weapon Elemental Damage - Less Duration
3 minutes, 52 seconds

Earthquake(13) - Concentrated Effect - Added Fire Damage - Less Duration
4 minutes, 31 seconds

Ice Crash(13) - Concentrated Effect - Weapon Elemental Damage - Added Fire Damage
4 minutes, 27 seconds

Comments: I'm not done with Static Strike yet so an update on this will be forthcoming before adding the data eventually to the guide. I did notice that the earthquake, phys to light, WED, DUR combo is decent without having to swap a gem for the harder bosses. The ability to use phys to light support is one advantage of a pure physical skill like earthquake. I'm not sure if I want to waste a couple maps on Cyclone as it was disappointing in the boss kill speed testing for 2.2.
Sovyn's Lazy Pally build, VypekTypek lvl 90, Atziri kill

https://youtu.be/igPnNiDJuPg

Hey, Sovyn's i have question to you.

If i get The Bringer of Rain with 15% block chance how should i change my tree? Cuz as we know 75% is max block chance.
"
Vecdin wrote:
Sovyn's Lazy Pally build, VypekTypek lvl 90, Atziri kill

https://youtu.be/igPnNiDJuPg

Thanks for posting the video. :) Good job.
"
Sessvisto wrote:
Hey, Sovyn's i have question to you.

If i get The Bringer of Rain with 15% block chance how should i change my tree? Cuz as we know 75% is max block chance.

Perhaps you could save 3 points and get rid of Testudo as I don't think block recovery is a big deal. You would get some of the other nodes on my tree instead with the three points. Let me know when you get to level 94 and we can discuss what to do with the extra point. Sacrificing any of the other block clusters, you would lose a wack of armour, resists or DPS which would probably cost you just as many nodes to make up elsewhere.
Today's Update:

Clear speed testing results:

Ice Crash(13) - Increased Area of Effect - Weapon Elemental Damage - Added Fire Damage
3 minutes, 38 seconds

Earthquake(13) - Increased Area of Effect - Added Fire Damage - Less Duration
3 minutes, 47 seconds

Earthquake(13) - Physical to Lightning - Weapon Elemental Damage - Less Duration
3 minutes, 52 seconds

Ice Crash(13) - Concentrated Effect - Weapon Elemental Damage - Added Fire Damage
4 minutes, 27 seconds

Earthquake(13) - Concentrated Effect - Added Fire Damage - Less Duration
4 minutes, 31 seconds

Static Strike(13) - Weapon Elemental Damage - Added Fire Damage - Multistrike
5 minutes, 2 seconds

Static Strike(13) - Increased Area of Effect - Less Duration - Multistrike
5 minutes, 3 seconds

Static Strike(13) - Increased Area of Effect - Weapon Elemental Damage - Multistrike
5 minutes, 26 seconds

Comments: As you can see, Static Strike places last on this short list. It's still tops for bosses as you can see in the test section in the FAQ, but not for the clear. My analysis indicates that static strike benefits from targeting more than the others skills. Obviously for clearing as fast as possible, you can't target anything. Ice and EQ can just be ground targeted and have nice damage for the full area, whereas static relies on multistrike auto targeting, which can have a fairly small reach based on weapon range so there are some lost attacks. Also, the static strike AOE size may be slightly smaller than the other two. Ice crash also benefits from instant AOE rather than delayed as in EQ and static. EQ can use a blue gem you don't have to swap though. Overall, there is probably some happy balance here that doesn't involve gem swapping in combat and does all right (but not best) on both the boss kill speed testing and the clear speed testing.
Hey Sovyn,

First off really nicely layed out guide! I'm really interested in playing this as my next character and I was just wondering what skill gem you think is the best to play with this build?

I've been reading your updates and ice crash looks interesting to me personally.

One last question, how far can this build go in terms of maps and atziri?

Thanks,
Coates
Last edited by Coatesy on Apr 18, 2016, 11:56:05 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info