[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

"
Ad phase of atziri was the most annoying as the AOE is horrible with Static but, nonetheless, 3 portals left isn't too bad for first try.

I do it with 20 quality static strike and am able to pretty much stand in the middle and kill all the adds without moving. Use the shift key to attack in place of course.
ahhh, i see.. quality adds aoe which is exactly what i need haha.. that will solve that issue ;) almost done leveling gems to 20 then ill use gcp quality recipe and re level them.. thanks!
POE is life. POE is ♥.
Hi there. I'm sort of new at PoE and have been trying this build for a while, but I'm running into some issues on merciless.
I'm still playing with found yellow gear, but I'm finding mage type enemies pretty much wreck me. I've finally died a bunch killing the abomination Piety so I don't even want to try Malachai. So what should I concentrate on next. Just ignore hard stuff and farm maps? Or try to scrounge up money for spell block items? Or just learn to dodge better, hehe...
Also any tips on Izaro, facetanking him doesn't seem to work well, I run out of health even on cruel.
"
Sabotin wrote:
Hi there. I'm sort of new at PoE and have been trying this build for a while, but I'm running into some issues on merciless.
I'm still playing with found yellow gear, but I'm finding mage type enemies pretty much wreck me. I've finally died a bunch killing the abomination Piety so I don't even want to try Malachai. So what should I concentrate on next. Just ignore hard stuff and farm maps? Or try to scrounge up money for spell block items? Or just learn to dodge better, hehe...
Also any tips on Izaro, facetanking him doesn't seem to work well, I run out of health even on cruel.

Hi Sabotin, I think you are of the level where you can farm 60+ monster areas and save up sets of rare rings, amulets, belt. Once you have two rings an amulet and a belt, grab the rest of the gear set, usually a two-hander or bow and chest boots gloves helm, and turn in the set all unidentified to any vendor for your two chaos orbs. Do this about 5-6 times then buy a stone of lazhwar usually for 1 chaos at most and rainbowstride boots usually for 10 chaos for a 25 spell block roll. After that you will be looking at a rare weapon over 220 pdps to carry you to level 75 where you will get your doryani's catalyst. Also look for rare gloves, helm, belt and rings with good life rolls. You can find those on poe.trade for 1 chaos each. Just make sure the resists are the correct ones you need to end up with 75 to each total in merciless. Get an Atziri's Promise flask for your chaos resist. Those run 1 chaos orb max.
TY so much for the build. I Was playing this build in 2013 but couldn't run late game on my old computer. Now I come, same build, thread is not 48 pages but 400++...

3 small things.

1- Since it easy to switch the color of sockets with the master, it's easy to switch the coloring of your weapon's sockets for your shield's. That way the ignite portion of Herald of ash can proliferate. Getting 2 green on Doryani not hard anymore.

2- You have 4% movement speed on me and I cannot find where it comes from. I see +22% on you and I have +18%. I would like to run faster. I dont see anything on gear nor any passive that would explain it; I must be missing something.

3- It seems I will sacrifice some stats on my rare ring to get a socket: I want to run both shield charge and leap.

Leap is more intuitive in battle and easier to land a fortify with than charge. Charge on the other hand is better when you clear trash, quest, wants to travel fast. I want both.

Also that red socket gives great flexibility to put a warcry if you ever feel or are forced to be less lazy because of a hard map. The cost of casting the warcry is offset by less flask clicks and the advantage of an easier, more relaxed fight, ideal for late night, hard maps, playing tired or tipsy etc. So it could be counted really as to be even lazier...

"
Vapala wrote:
1- Since it easy to switch the color of sockets with the master, it's easy to switch the coloring of your weapon's sockets for your shield's. That way the ignite portion of Herald of ash can proliferate. Getting 2 green on Doryani not hard anymore.

2- You have 4% movement speed on me and I cannot find where it comes from. I see +22% on you and I have +18%. I would like to run faster. I dont see anything on gear nor any passive that would explain it; I must be missing something.

3- It seems I will sacrifice some stats on my rare ring to get a socket: I want to run both shield charge and leap.

Hi Vapala, thanks for posting and welcome back.

1) Yes I considered that but the proliferate is considered an additional support and thus increases herald of ash's mana reservation which makes some map mods a little less convenient. In my testing, having proliferate didn't seem to make much noticeable difference so I put it back on my shield.

2) Aspect of the Lynx over by Ranger. I take that at high level. It's a good damage node. About 3K additional tooltip dps without charges or flasks. The movement speed just makes it even nicer. It also gives 10 INT which allows using a corrupted Lazhwar and not having to get 10 INT on a jewel or other gear in order to equip Doryani's. There's always an opportunity cost for every stat you have to have on your gear so this is kind of nice.

3) Yes you may find it harder to max your resists with bringer of rain without using a resist ring there. I went with two-stone. Diamond would be a squeeze, probably for very rich folks only that can afford a tri-res diamond with flat physical and life. If you want you can get rid of Riposte and put the shield charge there instead. That's not a big deal. Then you can use a ring other than unset. Too bad we can't use the best movement skill, whirling blades (sword, dagger, claw only) and still do good damage at a low cost. Doryani's is the only game in town for us until GGG loosens up someday and comes out with a good high pdps unique sword/dagger/claw for standard melee skills. They probably won't though because they want the high end rare crafts (450 pdps+) to always be the best. I do quite well with leap slam but I do have to hold the shift key down or it's quite terrible.
Yo Sovyn, u are god of gods. This build is simply awesome. This is my second character I made, on first one (Arc witch) I was able to max my dps on 45 K, never killed Atziri, or was able to run higher tier maps.

With your build and slightly changes I was able to max my dps over 180K DPS !!!! with 6L and full selfbuffed.

Now I am farming Atziri and getting ready get her on knees in uber mode. Srsly, this build opened me new and secret parts of this awesome game.

BIG THANKS

Current stats
Spoiler
3250hp
1600 es
75/75/75/ around 0 chaos
6K armor
Max block with running tempest shield
... and THOSE FU*KING 180 000 K dps

Current gear (Not perfect but working on it)
Spoiler

My advice/opinion:

Use Lion's Roar armour flask for maximalize ur dps (I case u have full block and no need to use Rumi)
This flask adds some realy crazy dps output.
"
Vecdin wrote:
Use Lion's Roar armour flask for maximalize ur dps (I case u have full block and no need to use Rumi)
This flask adds some realy crazy dps output.

Hi Vecdin, thanks for your input and success story. I've been casually shopping for the new version of that flask at a low cost. I saw one for 10 chaos but missed it. Standard tends to be slow to come down on new or revised uniques. I wondered if the knockback would be inconvenient. In my clear speed tests I don't really have time to flask much to be honest it's more focused on leaping and killing efficiently non-stop. Also the ice crash with increased AOE support has been on top of my clear speed testing so far by the way so not a bad choice. Have to manually swap in concentrated for some bosses though or it's not that good. I hate swapping gems.
Hi everyone,

I really enjoyed this build.
Currently, I use it with Earthquake and I think we can improve it a bit.

The build suggest to use Earthquake with these :
Earthquake(level 13 gem/0 quality) - Concentrated Effect(18/20) - Added Fire Damage(20/20) - Less Duration(19/15) - Melee Physical Damage(18/0 Bringer of Rain) - Faster Attacks(12/0 Bringer of Rain)
But I find more efficient to replace Concentrated Effect with Physical to Lightning.
It don't reduce the area of effect and it make more elemental damage which is great with the Inquisitor Ascendancy class.

What do you think about it ?

P.S: Why its Earthquake, Concentrated Effect, Added Fire Damage and Less Duration are not lvl20 ? Particular reason or he didn't have lvl20 gems when he took these screens ?
Okay I have a question. I seem to remember having read some where that it is not a good idea to use low level items with medium to high level characters. Now with my Templar I was using this belt for quit a while ...

Now a day or two ago I bought this belt from Cadiro ...

And this afternoon I decided to try out Meginnord's Girdle, and in a few ways it makes my Templar better. ( I do loose resistance and such. ) But my question is, does it matter that Meginnord's Girdle is req lvl 8 with item lvl 30 compared to the req lvl 20 and item lvl 32 from the Golem Buckle.

Not to mention that the Golem Buckle seems to have a few things that seem it could benefit this build? ( Or am I fooling myself by thinking that? ) It seems obvious that I should continue to use Meginord's Girdle, since the damge goes up a whole lot, but still ... I do not know if the level thing I mentioned above is indeed not good for my Templar?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info