[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

"
dxbankai wrote:

Thanks for the tips, I was actually thinking of maybe running vitality aura to offset some chaos damage over time as to uphold being the 'Lazy' way haha! Switching gears seems too troublesome for me.

And I was wondering for a long time that for BOR, Aegis and Rainbowstride users, would it be better to forgo evasion rating and get Iron Reflexes?

I don't think vitality would be any replacement for chaos resist. The damage on viper strike may look reasonable, but it's actually multiplied quite a few times as your resist is -60. I don't think viper strike is as big a deal as the poison bombs from Undying Alchemists in maps now in 1.0.6. You can take 3000 damage pretty much instantly from a few of those guys with -60. I survive but obviously can't engage them like a man. It's difficult for self found to get their chaos resist up, pretty much one of those gear checks that you have to be a trader to overcome. Except, as mentioned, the cheap ring swap.

As to Aegis, yes, if one has Aegis they can go for IR in order to block more often, rather than evade. This is undesirable without Aegis, but with the broken Aegis mechanic, it is desirable. Note that IR is going to be nerfed relatively soon (pretty solid rumor). Aegis may be as well (not so solid rumor), although if you get one now, you might get lucky and they remain as legacy.
Last edited by Sovyn on Feb 4, 2014, 2:51:45 PM
Changelog:

02-04-2014 -- Updated gear section with some additional unique suggestions and a few mentions of chaos resist.
"
Sovyn wrote:
"
Vulpix0r wrote:
Speaking of curses, I realize that those curse immune maps are the bane of me and my friend's existence. Not going to run those anymore, being unable to Enfeeble hurts me, and my friend being unable to use Conductivity hurts his DPS on trash mob.

I like enfeeble and vulnerability a lot, but some rare and magic monsters are curse immune anyway, and the point of the build is to not work too hard at this game. *chuckle* I find I'm not too reliant on curses, but I do toss enfeeble on a boss with especially high damage output (vaal smash, for example). That 26% less damage can be rather significant in those cases. :)

I like vulnerability best on my CWDT nowadays, it adds noticeable extra damage. I do have to remove it before a boss that I may want to enfeeble, otherwise it will annoyingly overwrite the manually casted curse. I may swap it for some other blue gem, perhaps summon skeletons, for those rare situations.

I was in a Vulnerability on me map mod, level 66, and I got one shot by the Garden map boss. :(
"
Vulpix0r wrote:

I was in a Vulnerability on me map mod, level 66, and I got one shot by the Garden map boss. :(

Sorry to hear that, but not at all unusual - plenty of threads (here, here and here, here, here, for examples) complaining how overpowered that boss is for a level 66 map. Best auras would be Purity of Fire (high level of course, for the overcap) and Grace. Most people just skip the boss room.
Hey there, I have just a question for those who experienced crafting a bit deeper than me (which is not hard to be honest). I have this weapon, 235 DPS (ilvl 71) and as Sovyn said, it would be better to have something at least 250 DPS.

Would that be wise to use an Exalted on it to try to get the flat physical damage suffix ? Or should I keep the exalted and try to buy a better weapon with currency ? I have only 1 exalted though...

Thanks to anyone who would be willing to answer. And another bigger thanks for Sovyn and this guide which helped me a lot ;)
"
Raklets wrote:
Hey there, I have just a question for those who experienced crafting a bit deeper than me (which is not hard to be honest). I have this weapon, 235 DPS (ilvl 71) and as Sovyn said, it would be better to have something at least 250 DPS.

Would that be wise to use an Exalted on it to try to get the flat physical damage suffix ? Or should I keep the exalted and try to buy a better weapon with currency ? I have only 1 exalted though...

Thanks to anyone who would be willing to answer. And another bigger thanks for Sovyn and this guide which helped me a lot ;)

TBH that axe isn't worth exalting. It's nice, but not exalt nice. I have a fantastic axe in my shop that's worth 2 exalt, you might like it. The only issue is the lack of attack speed.
"
Vulpix0r wrote:
TBH that axe isn't worth exalting. It's nice, but not exalt nice. I have a fantastic axe in my shop that's worth 2 exalt, you might like it. The only issue is the lack of attack speed.

Thanks for the tips. I was starting to think the same. I'm gonna contact you in private then, in case you're still selling that axe.
I was just curious if you had any suggestions on my tree. I took your idea, I just made it a bit... less lazy? It has more offense (for better ability to life leech) and more endurance charges. It's also mace focused because I have a fair good amount of maces and I honestly just love maces.
Anyway the build:
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUBAecEswUtBjkPzBLZEuEUIBZvGJEZLhoyGjgaPhpVG_odFCECI00l3yftKMUpLir2LdIwGTboOtg9_EA2QKBBP0RyR35MNU3YT31QR1FgUeZT31W1VcZXDVhjWNtZ82BLYSFko2VNZp5nWGebbmlwPnB9cql07Xrve4x8uHzZgFaBb4TEhNmE74x2j0aQVZHOm4OePJ65ns2fy6C0ogCkGaZkpzCnhKmVrKqsr7QvtPm53b6nwA_AGsEEw4bG2MmYz2XQ0NIh0k3Uj9lh3sHkUeSt55Hnruw47w7wH_Gs8i_zvvPd97760vuq

I would also take Oak all 3 times. The build has more armor, I'm not sure on the health difference, but I'm sure it would actually be a fair bit more health difference (from what I added up your build had 304% health increase where as this only has 208%). The block is close as is defences added. Just curious on your opinion on it.
Last edited by Lord_Valvatorez on Feb 7, 2014, 3:51:46 PM
"
Raklets wrote:

Hi Raklets. :) Glad the guide helped out. :)

On crafting, there is an essential resource on google docs, here.

You can click the 'weapons' tab, and then scroll over to the 1H swords and axes. Note that items can have only three prefixes and three suffixes.

We can see that your item has three suffixes already (attack speed, base stun duration, fire dmg resist). The prefixes are trickier, that's where experience comes in.... you have two prefixes, local physical damage % and Local Physical Dmg +% / Local Accuracy Rating. How do I know? Because the item level is not high enough to roll top tier local physical damage %, which would be required for your 160% on its own, and that's very rare anyway. Plus, there's the little accuracy (although accuracy can be a separate suffix, but not in this case, since you already have three.)

So, you have room for one prefix, you would get something you don't want 99 times out of 100 probably. Life leech, gem levels, mana leech (could be worse), weapon elemental, or added cold, fire or lightning at a low roll (most likely). High roll physical would be what you want, but low odds as you can see.

If you are open to trading, that's the best way, save up your small currency, identify and vendor most rare items for alts, convert everything up to fusings to trade for chaos or exalts. Save rare rings and amulets for the chaos recipe.
"
I was just curious if you had any suggestions on my tree. I took your idea, I just made it a bit... less lazy? It has more offense (for better ability to life leech) and more endurance charges. It's also mace focused because I have a fair good amount of maces and I honestly just love maces.
Anyway the build:

I would also take Oak all 3 times. The build has more armor, I'm not sure on the health difference, but I'm sure it would actually be a fair bit more health difference (from what I added up your build had 304% health increase where as this only has 208%). The block is close as is defences added. Just curious on your opinion on it.

Hello, Lord_Valvatorez. Always happy to glance at different builds (within reason). My impression there is that you would be giving up a lot of defense (grace, evasion, Ondar's, life, attack speed) for a few mace nodes. A couple extra armour nodes won't make up for all that. I would just use my well proven build and get some of the best mace nodes (and endurance charges) instead of a few life/resist/generic damage nodes if you want.

Perhaps something like this.

On damage nodes, you have to average out your point cost vs. damage gained. When doing so, you will see that seasoned sinew is better than any of the mace nodes available that I did not take in the above example.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info