[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

"
mysantrop wrote:
Hope this helps!

That it does! Thanks a lot!!
"
WhiteTulip wrote:

First of all: Thanks for this awesome build and all the additional information. Great stuff especially for a n00b like me! ;-)

Welcome WhiteTulip! Glad your question was answered above.
"
Sovyn wrote:
Hi Raklets. :) Glad the guide helped out. :)

On crafting, there is an essential resource on google docs, here.

You can click the 'weapons' tab, and then scroll over to the 1H swords and axes. Note that items can have only three prefixes and three suffixes.

We can see that your item has three suffixes already (attack speed, base stun duration, fire dmg resist). The prefixes are trickier, that's where experience comes in.... you have two prefixes, local physical damage % and Local Physical Dmg +% / Local Accuracy Rating. How do I know? Because the item level is not high enough to roll top tier local physical damage %, which would be required for your 160% on its own, and that's very rare anyway. Plus, there's the little accuracy (although accuracy can be a separate suffix, but not in this case, since you already have three.)

So, you have room for one prefix, you would get something you don't want 99 times out of 100 probably. Life leech, gem levels, mana leech (could be worse), weapon elemental, or added cold, fire or lightning at a low roll (most likely). High roll physical would be what you want, but low odds as you can see.

If you are open to trading, that's the best way, save up your small currency, identify and vendor most rare items for alts, convert everything up to fusings to trade for chaos or exalts. Save rare rings and amulets for the chaos recipe.

Oh my ! Thanks a lot for this. I didn't know we could roll both "Local physical damage %" as well as "Local Physical Dmg +% / Local Accuracy Rating". I thought I was lucky to get a 160% but it's actually 2 prefixes combined. Well good thing to know. Gonna save currency then.
"
Raklets wrote:

Oh my ! Thanks a lot for this. I didn't know we could roll both "Local physical damage %" as well as "Local Physical Dmg +% / Local Accuracy Rating". I thought I was lucky to get a 160% but it's actually 2 prefixes combined. Well good thing to know. Gonna save currency then.

No problem! Trading is definitely the way to go in this game for people who value their time. "Crafting" is really just gambling with the odds stacked well in the house's favor. Unless you have large pile of Eternals, that is. See my claw crafting adventures above for example.... *chuckle*
Managed to change out a ring for the better as my resists were over cap.

to

DPS went up about 100 right there. Need to find a similar ring with life on it!

Determination leveled again, made a nice boost to armour, back up to 41% mitigation.
Last edited by Sovyn on Feb 13, 2014, 4:44:22 PM
With the patch we will get a free respec.
Also the majority of players predict a block nerf (either dim.return or lower cap ~60) and maybe even cwdt nerf (puting %life instead of flat value life). I have faith in you Sovyn to remake our specs to make a new lazy pally:)
"
mysantrop wrote:
With the patch we will get a free respec.
Also the majority of players predict a block nerf (either dim.return or lower cap ~60) and maybe even cwdt nerf (puting %life instead of flat value life). I have faith in you Sovyn to remake our specs to make a new lazy pally:)

Yes, I have heard the rumors too. :)

I will find the best defensive spec possible if things get shaken up. :)

We will know more on the 28th.

PS I think it would be a shame if block as a whole gets nerfed just because of Aegis being overpowered. Very heavy handed, if so.
"
Sovyn wrote:

PS I think it would be a shame if block as a whole gets nerfed just because of Aegis being overpowered. Very heavy handed, if so.

I couldn't agree more. The best way, imo, to handle Aegis is to remove the "restore ES per armor when block" line. Either that or make it legacy and remove from new leagues, which i dont approve. But as you said, 28th and we will see, looking forward to it:)
Just stopping by again, I have been pushing to get the ranger I made off your tree to a decent higher level to do things, but gearing is rough. I will say that if block/cwdt gets nerfed, you could potentially rely on Blood Dancers + Frenzy charges to get 6% life regen, which could make up for having less block.
"
Just stopping by again, I have been pushing to get the ranger I made off your tree to a decent higher level to do things, but gearing is rough. I will say that if block/cwdt gets nerfed, you could potentially rely on Blood Dancers + Frenzy charges to get 6% life regen, which could make up for having less block.

I agree gearing in PoE is not the easiest, for any build, if it's your first or one of your first, or if you don't trade (sell items you find or flip) much. But, that very slowness keeps me interested because I have many things to look forward to. :) That's why I'm forcing myself to stay self found all this past year+.

As to any potential nerfs, I think it would be very heavy handed to nerf block due to one or two overpowered uniques, as it is quite an investment to max block out currently, and most people would turn to just getting more life nodes instead if things were to change. PoE has a bad enough reputation for life nodes being the only viable build (path of life nodes, as it's sometimes called).

That said, I have a few things in mind that we can do on the tree to potentially stay just as defensive as we are now if this issue should arise. I won't be locking the build into any specific unique though as I want things to remain open to new players, so any changes will be on the skill tree only come 1.1 (and given time to review the options of course).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info