Giving advice in Global 1 is great.

"
Mivo wrote:
Do you really think it's funny to tell everyone "20c" when they ask for a price check? It's just being an asshole to someone looking for help, little else. I understand when it's about uniques and they could check at poe.xyz.is, but with currency and rares it isn't so easy.

It's not hard to know what ratios are in place ATM neither. Just have "/trade 800" open for a day or two. Since I am no longer in City looking at the noticeboard, this trade chat is my new way of getting current ratios. If someone comes in with BS ratio like "WTS fusing 1:1c" he gets instantly called out, so yeah not hard to "PC" currency at all.
Rares are a different story, I still don't fully understand pricing of certain items.
kiwi nation
"
arpgfan wrote:
"
Mivo wrote:
I remember when I was at the age where I found it incredibly amusing to mislead people who ask for help. I think it was 1985 or so and I gave them wrong directions.

I've grown up since.

What do you mean? This guy is clearly gonna get 19 chaos richer thanks to me.

What if after this he actually sold his blessed orb for 20 chaos?

He wants to sell blessed orbs for 20c now. You think he actually makes a sale gaining your socalled 19 bonus chaos? He will never sell that, wasting his time untill someone is so smart to inform him he is way off.

Not cool.
"
Punica1980 wrote:

Not cool.

What's not cool is people are acting like this is the worst thing to ever happen in Global 1.

Plus some people have already enjoyed the OP, so its obvious a sense of humor is required to thoroughly understand this thread.
How many people know about 800, though? I only learned of it a couple weeks ago. I just think it's easier to give someone a proper answer instead of messing with them. Doesn't take much time to direct them to 800, for example. That helps them and prevents further PCs from that person for currency. Win-win. No need to fuck with them (and then gloat about it).
Last edited by Mivo on Sep 10, 2014, 6:36:38 AM
diablo 3 is a good game
i think this happened to most of us.

Being new to the game, server or economy and asked the trade chat for a pc. Some troll randomly pmed you a ridiculous price but seemed sincere enough for you to believe it.

of course you went on the trade channel and try so sell said item for that ridiculous price and the entire server laughs at you.
messing new players around like this is childish and very very lame, nothing to be proud of
"
Mivo wrote:
Do you really think it's funny to tell everyone "20c" when they ask for a price check? It's just being an asshole to someone looking for help, little else. I understand when it's about uniques and they could check at poe.xyz.is, but with currency and rares it isn't so easy.

All it takes is to fire up google and type "poe currency exchange rates" to get some answers. Its ridiculous that everyone uses global as a pricecheck, i never saw any tangible answer on it, yet people keep using it and spam the chat.

And while global gives me eyecancer allready, this is just making it a little worse. There really is no excuse for beeing lazy like that.
I don't agree with such things, but it's really annoying when you turn on global and it's full of bloody price check requests on everything. I understand someone asking for pc for a particular rare, but with uniques... common! Poe.xyz!
"
Cataca wrote:
All it takes is to fire up google and type "poe currency exchange rates" to get some answers. Its ridiculous that everyone uses global as a pricecheck, i never saw any tangible answer on it, yet people keep using it and spam the chat.

If you do that search, you get various RMT sites. The one non-RMT site that "looks" reliable lists a chaos/exalted ratio of 25:1 for Rampage, which is inaccurate by a mile. So, no, googling for this information isn't helpful. You either get incorrect ratios or offers to buy currency for real cash.

People ask for price checks in global chat because there is no price check channel that is advertised or known. There is no proper trading system in place. People get ripped off left and right, and then they get made fun of for "not researching". But what happens when they try to learn and get help? If they google, they get RMT sites or bad info. If they ask for help, they get fucked with.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info