[3.0] NeverSink's ♣ INDEPTH Tornado&Archer Guide ♣ Beginner friendly ♣ Rapid clear ♣ All bosses

"
TheNukes wrote:
I can't craft multiple mods myself yet, but in any case I'm surprised you think that would be worth 2 ex, given my budget. I already get 70k tooltip DPS with Hatred and frenzy charges up - is that low for end-game stuff? And would adding crit chance make that much difference?

All the Critical Strike Chance modifiers on your tree/gear are based off of the number on your bow.
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL
"
Should start by re-modding your bow to have Crit Chance.

Yep, and next step: Get a rare rustic with life, res (str) and wed.
Im leveling right now and Im having mana issues. Early on I was using Heatshiver so I didn't have as much mana problems as I do now. The issue is probably a 6l LA set up?
Hiya! I just wanna say that your build is pretty awesome! And really fun too. I haven't had much fun with my ball lightning build witch (might be because the lightning ball is too slow for my taste). It'sa nice change since my ranger runs crazy fast.

I'm level 57 with my ranger at the moment, and I'm already planning on changing my Tabula Rasa for a better chest with resists since I'm close to starting merciless. I'm planning on changing the accessories too.

Here's my current gear:
Spoiler

I'm torn between Lightning Coil and Queen of the Forest... while Queen has some resists, the -25% speed is kind of a put off. And LC is really weird with that -60% lightning resist. Which would you recommend me on this? Or should I pick Daresso's Defiance? Choices.. choices...
"
TheNukes wrote:
Anyone have thoughts on what I should upgrade next? I'm level 91 and have around 10 ex, but I'm not sure what the best use for it is. Here's my gear:

I'm mainly concerned with survivability for end-game maps (which I've never done before), but of course you can never have too much damage.

As already by other players below me you should go for crit chance instead of attack speed. If you want to keep your attack speed you can remove the crit multiplier suffix with lvl 8 haku. If you are not sure how to do this ask someone in this thread =) (it will cost you an extra 2 ex, so 4ex in total).

Endgame - what do you mean :)? Farming T9-11 maps for fast leveling? Farming tough maps like T13+ for the fun of it? Uber Atziri? Different content :) Different endgame. Endgame is what you want to achieve.

Anyways.

Gloves: Go for Shadows and dust instead of Maligaro's if you want increased map clear speed. http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Shadows_and_Dust

Belt: Go for tri-res high life rustic sash with room for WED enchant or double res + high life + high WED with room for the missing resist enchant.

Flasks: Your flask setup is lacking a lot of finesse. They are an important part of your gear. I would use the following:

1) Healing Eternal flask with remove bleed.
2) Instant Divine Healing flask with remove bleed.
3) Quicksilver with 30% increased speed and 20% chance to gain an extra charge on crit
4) Taste of Hate / Atziri Flask
5) Basalt flask with 20% chance to gain an extra charge on crit and freeze immunity.

Also your flask setup seems kind of random (besides TS which is heavily set on elemental dmg. If you have problems with elemental reflect switch to increased critical strikes + added fire damage instead of PTL + WED).

CWDT (lvl 8) + inc. durations (lvl 20) + enfeeble (lvl 11 if you have enough int for this) + blood rage (lvl 20).
Vaal haste (if you want clear speed) / vaal grace (if you want safety)+ inc. duration + faster casting + ice golem (max lvl)
Herald of Ash + Blink Arrow + Faster Projectiles + Faster Attacks
6L TS setup
5L Blast rain setup + hatred.

Finally on your passive setup:
Essense sap (3 points into mana leech) is not worth it.
Your route to shadow includes nullification. Either you go for nullification with route near pierce passives or you go without nullification and with revenge of the hunted. Your current route non-efficient either way.
10% projectile damage > 6% projectile damage + 10% projectile speed (duelist fury bolts wheel).

Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAIAAJuNCC4T2s9e7YOxARVDGY7pvQBe8LvTfn1173r-uucKu-MKm8SieOun1PzF_sgNjaGkW6-HduHbIXZOKuOfBiOGzkz_I9NKfXsUwTNDMY9glLjDM9rBjX4brfljWhouU3Ttt7aVzFT-028FLXXL7T-95nrv6mK-pz7PZU1RR702MHyVBY2_51RHfo19fyvZxgiJBbXUIyT9I_bWijnUMpSa8cLsMHH_3k2Sdvd_Al1otMXdqDH6puDKqWKsS3ign2yMOkKdqjY9VYXrY6XLES-1SNRChG91_Ra_JpVh4lVLjDaJ03BSKgtd8gAA

or
(112 points)
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAIAAJuNCC4T2s9e7YOxARVDGY7pvQBe8LvTfn1173r-uucKu-MKm8SieOun1PzF_sgNjaGkW6-HduHbIXZOKuOfBiOGzkz_I9NKfXsUwTNDMY9glLjDM9rBjX75Y1oaLlN07be2lcxU_tNvBS11y-0_veZ67-pivqc-z2VNUUe9NjB8lQWNv-dUjX1_K9nGCIkFtdQjJP0j9taKOdQylJrx6NYwcf_eTZJ2938CXWibJud03agx-qbgyqkyAW1sS3ign7IZNj21SDpCz3pVhZ2q1EKly2yMhG9irHX9Fr8mlWHiVUuMNonTcFIqC13yAAA=
Last edited by Frankenberry on May 2, 2016, 7:05:52 AM
if i have the money to buy Wind ripper or Harbinger 250dmg or voltaxic (all 5l) what do u think i should buy?
Last edited by iBL4cKz on May 2, 2016, 10:18:06 AM
"
iBL4cKz wrote:
if i have the money to buy Wind ripper or Harbinger 250dmg or voltaxic (all 5l) what do u think i should buy?

Harbinger = physical bow.
Windripper / Voltaxic = Elemental bow.

Different bows for different builds.

Your question could be asked this way:

if i have the money to buy Mjolner or Harbinger 250dmg or a good lightning spell wand (all 5l) what do u think i should buy?
Wow, thanks Frankenberry! Some clarification:

I can already do T11 maps pretty easily, but haven't tried Atziri, Uber Atziri, or T13+ maps yet and thought I might need better defenses for them. (And that's what I meant by eng-game - the most difficult content, which I'll need to be able to do to complete more challenges.)

I've just used TS for everything so far, so outside of the 6L I've just been using most of my sockets to farm up gems to sell. That may not really be worth it anymore though, and I will try out your CWDT setup.

I've thought about dropping the Essence Sap cluster, but figured I'd run out of mana a lot (even now I run out sometimes, with 75% reserved for Hatred and Arctic Armour). Is the idea that if you aim a little more carefully and maybe do (even) more damage you only need enough mana for a couple shots at a time, rather than the endless arrow spam I've been relying on?

I'll also definitely try your suggestions for my belt and gloves, and the alternative gems for reflect maps. Modifying the bow would have to wait until I can craft multiple mods, but maybe it makes more sense to sell this one and just buy a new one instead. Thanks again!
Last edited by TheNukes on May 2, 2016, 11:32:15 AM
"
TheNukes wrote:
Wow, thanks Frankenberry! Some clarification:

I can already do T11 maps pretty easily, but haven't tried Atziri, Uber Atziri, or T13+ maps yet and thought I might need better defenses for them. (And that's what I meant by eng-game - the most difficult content, which I'll need to be able to do to complete more challenges.)

I've just used TS for everything so far, so outside of the 6L I've just been using most of my sockets to farm up gems to sell. That may not really be worth it anymore though, and I will try out your CWDT setup.

I've thought about dropping the Essence Sap cluster, but figured I'd run out of mana a lot (even now I run out sometimes, with 75% reserved for Hatred and Arctic Armour). Is the idea that if you aim a little more carefully and maybe do (even) more damage you only need enough mana for a couple shots at a time, rather than the endless arrow spam I've been relying on?

I'll also definitely try your suggestions for my belt and gloves, and the alternative gems for reflect maps. Modifying the bow would have to wait until I can craft multiple mods, but maybe it makes more sense to sell this one and just buy a new one instead. Thanks again!

0,4% should be more than enough for endless arrow spamming with your gear.
About Arctic armour: I find it a rather poor choice for archers. It gives you a damage reduction if you stand still. However it is not enough to justify standing still. You should aim to avoid the damage constantly and be on the move, which means there are extremely few incidents in which arctic armour actually grants a defensive bonus when it is needed. Go for HoA or HoT + Curse on Hit setup.
Before I link these bows, which one is better in the long run?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info