[3.0] NeverSink's ♣ INDEPTH Tornado&Archer Guide ♣ Beginner friendly ♣ Rapid clear ♣ All bosses

"
Is it worth considering the Forces of Nature cluster (+40% ele dmg and 6% penetration). Or is it better to grab physical damage nodes (or IAS) instead?

Bumping this Q.
Shouldn't the pen be around the best damage boost we can get at all? 24% more dmg vs. 75% res monsters.

This cluster isn't mentioned in the guide. Is there something I am missing?
[Standard league - UTC +2]
"
Frankenberry wrote:
"
Thrall1321 wrote:
"
Thrall1321 wrote:
Just got Merciless Labs done today, along with a Drillneck from Cadiro that I'm gonna use for the time being. Does the Deadeye tree change at all with a Drillneck (such as going for Powerful Precision over Far Shot), or should I still roll with Chain + Farshot?

Re-asking this since it kinda sorta got buried :/

I mean I'm sure the crit you get from Powerful Prec is great, but I am absolute crap with theory crafting builds.

No pierce + chain does not work.

What would you recommend as far as speccing in the Deadeye tree? I'm thinking go 2 to Powerful Precision, 2 up to Fast and Deadly, and then maybe 2 to Sharp and Venomous since Far shot kinda works against Power Precision? Thanks btw
"
Thrall1321 wrote:

What would you recommend as far as speccing in the Deadeye tree? I'm thinking go 2 to Powerful Precision, 2 up to Fast and Deadly, and then maybe 2 to Sharp and Venomous since Far shot kinda works against Power Precision? Thanks btw

Endless Munitions for sure. +1 Arrow is really strong. From there on either Fast and Deadly or Powerful Precision. I myself would go for Powerful Precision (powerful precision is purely for the crit chance and not the pierce chance. You will need pierce gem + 40 / 50% pierce chance from passives depending on corruption on your drillneck).
Last edited by Frankenberry on Apr 19, 2016, 8:05:46 PM
Hey, great build but I'm having some pretty big issues with attributes and I know I can get some nodes for now but what about when I have to regret those? How the hell do you get that much strength and intelligence for the skills you recommend using? Do I just put strength on every single piece of gear I have or what? Do I just stop leveling Herald of Ash? What about Enduring Cry? What level? What about the other skills? Intelligence??? Sorry for the big burst of noob but goddamn am I confused dealing with how many attributes to get on my items and what level my gems should be and all.
Reasking this

How did you Scion guys handle your tree? Did you go with one very similar to the augmented one? They seem so different, the standard tree vs Scion, I was just curious if I was missing something.
"
Highblood wrote:
Hey, great build but I'm having some pretty big issues with attributes and I know I can get some nodes for now but what about when I have to regret those? How the hell do you get that much strength and intelligence for the skills you recommend using? Do I just put strength on every single piece of gear I have or what? Do I just stop leveling Herald of Ash? What about Enduring Cry? What level? What about the other skills? Intelligence??? Sorry for the big burst of noob but goddamn am I confused dealing with how many attributes to get on my items and what level my gems should be and all.

Never be afraid to put a few points into them +30 int / +30 str nodes while leveling / gaining better gear. It is only a very well geared endgame bow ranger that can efficiently remove all those nodes.

"
Thanks to all the people in this thread I am faring quite well and at level 66 I have almost 0 troubles. I went for Hatred + Haste at first but respec'd into a build that does not need Charisma. Planning to buy a Rat's Nest soon and trying to self-craft my Harbinger.

I have a question. My build is fine with mobs but I have troubles with boss battles. More than once I had to portal to town just to refill my flasks. I have lots of life and life leech nodes and my evasion and dodge look fine to avoid the occasional big hit coupled with Cast When Damage Taken + Immortal Call. I choose Rallying Cry instead of Enduring Cry to boost damage and fix some mana problems. Just I cannot stand sustained fire for too long and attrition battles empty my flasks. What can I do to stand boss battles longer?

You manually dodge the damage. Your goal vs. all enemies is to never be hit. That is why it is so funny to play bow ranger imho - you have to learn the fights and boss abilities and dodge them :)
Last edited by Frankenberry on Apr 19, 2016, 10:54:02 PM
Hey guys ,

I am using drillneck with pierce cluster but my TS tooltip says '90% chance of projectile piercing'.I thought I have 100% pierce chance due to drillneck's 10% bonus but then I saw its arrow piercing and not projectile.So will my TS be piercing 100% of the time or do I need to add another projectile piercing node?
"
Aedre32 wrote:
Hey guys ,

I am using drillneck with pierce cluster but my TS tooltip says '90% chance of projectile piercing'.I thought I have 100% pierce chance due to drillneck's 10% bonus but then I saw its arrow piercing and not projectile.So will my TS be piercing 100% of the time or do I need to add another projectile piercing node?

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Drillneck

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1199057/page/1

10% from drillneck applies - you have 100% pierce chance. Also you have a 100% pierce chance with your subprojectiles from TS since they count as arrows.
Last edited by Frankenberry on Apr 20, 2016, 8:11:11 AM
"
Frankenberry wrote:
"
Aedre32 wrote:
Hey guys ,

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Drillneck

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1199057/page/1

10% from drillneck applies - you have 100% pierce chance. Also you have a 100% pierce chance with your subprojectiles from TS since they count as arrows.

Thought as much! Thank you again berry :D
Wanted to say I love the guide! The amount of detail it covers is awesome!

I have a question regarding gem levels. I am leveling up a new character and wanted to make sure I don't over level some gems. Are there certain levels that I should freeze my gems at?

Thank you!

:D
Last edited by hogpeuf707 on Apr 20, 2016, 1:33:39 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info