[3.0] NeverSink's ♣ INDEPTH Tornado&Archer Guide ♣ Beginner friendly ♣ Rapid clear ♣ All bosses

Hi. Can you tell me how I can increase my element resistance? I am in merciless right now but my element resistance is in the negative. I'm new to this so I don't know what went wrong with my build. I followed your skill tree. Do I need to focus on my equipment? Thanks!
"
Valleera wrote:
Hi. Can you tell me how I can increase my element resistance? I am in merciless right now but my element resistance is in the negative. I'm new to this so I don't know what went wrong with my build. I followed your skill tree. Do I need to focus on my equipment? Thanks!

Yes, it's an equipment issue. Almost all of your elemental resistances come from your gear.

You need to look for armours/gloves/helmets/boots/rings/amulet/quivers/belts with Resistances+life. This has priority over ANY damage mods.

Try to get your fire/ice/light resists to 75/75/75. Or at least as close as possible. You can somewhat ignore chaos resists though.

You can do this, by farming a relatively safe area, such as Merciless Ledge
Also look at BLUE items, not only rares, those are often upgrades.

Additionally you can use poe.xyz to find good trades or use masters to craft resists or life onto your gear.

Good luck.
NeverSink
Please don't PM me ingame with filter/guide questions, post them on the forum, after reading the FAQ.
Last edited by NeverSink on Apr 16, 2015, 4:51:05 AM
So I've recently picked up and six socketed a Carcass Jack, courtesy of a friend forgetting to swap away from his IIR set, I'm wondering if it's a feasible replacement for the Belly of the Beast? The evasion I imagine would be much more useful, and the buff to Rain of Arrows is appreciated, but I'm losing a fair bit of life overall.
The resists I'm not worried about, I've recently swapped away from Thief's Torment and am working on upgrading jewellery now.
"
Kyratzes wrote:
So I've recently picked up and six socketed a Carcass Jack, courtesy of a friend forgetting to swap away from his IIR set, I'm wondering if it's a feasible replacement for the Belly of the Beast? The evasion I imagine would be much more useful, and the buff to Rain of Arrows is appreciated, but I'm losing a fair bit of life overall.
The resists I'm not worried about, I've recently swapped away from Thief's Torment and am working on upgrading jewellery now.

As a 6Link, yes. For anything else in this build, no. Why rain of arrows? last time i checked this was a TS build.
IGN - NeilahMistwalker
- ShrubSquad
"
C4pture wrote:
"
Kyratzes wrote:

As a 6Link, yes. For anything else in this build, no. Why rain of arrows? last time i checked this was a TS build.

It does say in the guide that you can use a variety of skills and not just TS.
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL
"
allsunsdawn wrote:
"
C4pture wrote:
"
Kyratzes wrote:

It does say in the guide that you can use a variety of skills and not just TS.

you can, but everythign here is based on TS, to make TS as strong as possible, this might not always benefit other skills.
IGN - NeilahMistwalker
- ShrubSquad

Not quite 400 pDPS, but good enough for me to never take off.

Quite a nice change as well.

40.2K Puncture
18.6K TS (GMP)
20.9K TS (LMP)

Real character status (maybe?)!

/e Also, can Neversink or someone with experience using Daresso's explain the potential benefits of it over the traditional EV Armor? I'm pretty interested, especially if Enduring Cry is going to undergo some changes. Thanks to anyone with information.
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL
Last edited by _Saranghaeyo_ on Apr 17, 2015, 12:14:10 AM
"
C4pture wrote:
"
Kyratzes wrote:

Ah, sorry, I should have clarified. I use Rain of Arrows for my Curse on Hit setup, it already occasionally crits and mostly kills the pack I'm attempting to curse, so buffs to it are always nice when they don't decrease the effectiveness of Tornado Shot.

I shall shelf it and keep an eye out for something more useful, cheers for the advice.
Last edited by Kyratzes on Apr 17, 2015, 6:03:17 AM
"
Kyratzes wrote:
"
C4pture wrote:
"
Kyratzes wrote:

Ah, sorry, I should have clarified. I use Rain of Arrows for my Curse on Hit setup, it already occasionally crits and mostly kills the pack I'm attempting to curse, so buffs to it are always nice when they don't decrease the effectiveness of Tornado Shot.

I shall shelf it and keep an eye out for something more useful, cheers for the advice.

Well carcass jack is technically not a horrible item to use.

It has more evasion and the aoe bonus (that is at least not lost with your setup), however I think belly of the beast and daressos are still significantly better unique armor choices (with a good rare still being the very best).
Please don't PM me ingame with filter/guide questions, post them on the forum, after reading the FAQ.
2 days until we know if this thing here will see any passive tree nerfs ._.

so hyped to start playing with the tree again\o/
IGN - NeilahMistwalker
- ShrubSquad

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info