[3.0] NeverSink's ♣ INDEPTH Tornado&Archer Guide ♣ Beginner friendly ♣ Rapid clear ♣ All bosses

"
Any ETA on the Windripper portion of the guide? Or does anyone have some recommendations of gear/tree (other than the Windripper ofc)?

Thanks
The9thPatriarch

3 days top, if I won't get sudden loads of work or something.
Please don't PM me ingame with filter/guide questions, post them on the forum, after reading the FAQ.
Thanks for the replies!
-The9thPatriarch
Well I hit level 80 (Yay!) and got Weathered, so now I've gotta focus on replacing my Armor and Jewellery.

Spoiler

I can cut down 29 Fire, 25 Cold and 19 Lightning Resists though, so I've actually got some wiggle room now.

Might have to shell out more on a Chest, I have an 11C budget now, and then slowly work up the jewellery while I link the chest. Hrm... need to work out how much Int I need minimum on the jewellery too, otherwise I'll have to ditch my Crit gems.
"
Zephryl wrote:
Well I hit level 80 (Yay!) and got Weathered, so now I've gotta focus on replacing my Armor and Jewellery.

Spoiler

I can cut down 29 Fire, 25 Cold and 19 Lightning Resists though, so I've actually got some wiggle room now.

Might have to shell out more on a Chest, I have an 11C budget now, and then slowly work up the jewellery while I link the chest. Hrm... need to work out how much Int I need minimum on the jewellery too, otherwise I'll have to ditch my Crit gems.

I still think you'd be fine capping the chest cost at 5c. You can easily find 1200+ evasion, 80 max life, and 30-40% plus to at least one resist +open crafting slot, or alternatively, 20-30 dual- or tri-res innate rolls.

The diamond ring is really solid. I would craft max life on it through the masters and hold off on that until last. Great physical roll, great all res roll, and some bonus lightning on top.

The quiver is really good as well. There's room for improvement, but that's more min maxing than dire needs. All useful rolls on that.

After the chest upgrade, focus on the other ring and amulet. Ideally an Agate amulet would be best (STR/INT implicit) but that really limits your options. Otherwise something like you currently have (Amber amulet with INT roll) or the opposite (Lapis amulet with STR roll) would work.

Personally I prefer to keep the amulet as offensive as possible. I like to have flat damage and max life as prefixes, with crit chance and multiplier as suffixes. Fill in the last two slots with needs of your choice if possible. You can drop crit chance from the search function since you can craft up to 32% from the masters (max roll is 38%, so you don't lose much).
I just found that quiver and i wonder if it's better than Drillneck.
Critchance and Weapon Ele dmg are both t1. It can have Life crafted on it.

In my opinion i should replace Drillneck with it, what do u guys say?
Sunds like a plan! I'll have to keep an eye out, I play at odd hours because I'm Australian, so I've limited the search to Online Only. Will just run it every hour or so while I'm playing, see what it throws out at me.

Edit:

Upgraded my Amulet

Not fully offense stats, per se, but the stat's allow me to not only replace my existing amulet, but I have the Int and str to run level 20 gems without the assistance of the passive tree so that's 4 passive skills I get back (Assuming I have the mana to run triple auras without the mana nodes I have...)

I also THINK I can craft Fire Res onto it, which will help since I need 75% Fire Res between Armor, Ammy and my second Ring, as well as 39 cold and 51 Lightning. Probably going to have my second ring be solely elemental resists, would likely be the easiest/cheapest way.
Last edited by Zephryl on Feb 25, 2015, 4:50:26 AM
Ok I'm pretty much done with my gear. At this point it's just min-maxing i guess. I just spent everything I had for my new bow (but damn isn't it just too sexy :D).
On my to do list is now just:
1. get a blue socket somewhere in this mess to run assassins mark (prolly on Maligaro's)
2. replace the 2stone ring (prolly not gonna happen this league)
3. get one more level to change the accuracy node besides Avatar of the Hunt to the 2 phys nodes
4. find Acuity (yeah right...)

Any and all input is appreciated :)

Gear
Spoiler

Tree
Spoiler
https://www.poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgIACC6bjQBeGY7tg9N-Ylokne96eOsKm-cK_MVKfeOfh3ZnoN0NkAos6SU_q9LajUd-vTZlTb6nGbTK0-pidctW-n8rd9cwfE2SI_aNfQW1jb9RRzpCS3jdqDBx1CP_3iT951To1iLqsTDaZI9PmyYF-f7I4duhpLVIbWzndHBSKgvz6h9BBiMWvwMeVUth4iaVjDY2PWyMnapirLXybqpKyD8nKk0VICo4qW7YvTWSW6_BM4bOIXam4H8CMpTZxpUFyqldaJrxCInWig==

Too bad i dont even have my bbbr Maligaro's anymore. That would have been sweet for mapping :(
Last edited by horstkaracho on Feb 25, 2015, 5:22:02 PM
i think theres something wrong with the skill tree. can anyone help?
"
Zephryl wrote:
Sunds like a plan! I'll have to keep an eye out, I play at odd hours because I'm Australian, so I've limited the search to Online Only. Will just run it every hour or so while I'm playing, see what it throws out at me.

Edit:

Upgraded my Amulet

Not fully offense stats, per se, but the stat's allow me to not only replace my existing amulet, but I have the Int and str to run level 20 gems without the assistance of the passive tree so that's 4 passive skills I get back (Assuming I have the mana to run triple auras without the mana nodes I have...)

I also THINK I can craft Fire Res onto it, which will help since I need 75% Fire Res between Armor, Ammy and my second Ring, as well as 39 cold and 51 Lightning. Probably going to have my second ring be solely elemental resists, would likely be the easiest/cheapest way.

Yeah, there's one open suffix mod available on that amulet. You can craft resistances if necessary or crit chance if you can keep them maxed with other gear.

If you're running the standard Hatred/HoI/HoA, and 17%+ reduced mana gem, you should be fine assuming you have 2% mana leech or better.

For rings, I like to have a flat physical roll (since this build is obviously based off of physical damage). Otherwise, going defensive on rings is easier than amulets. You can run Diamond rings, which obviously have a very useful and offensive implicit mod, which frees up space on the explicit mods to be more defensive. Accuracy or main stat rolls are nice if you can get them, but loading up on life and resists on a ring is fine.
Okay! I'll see if I can either max out Res with just Armor and Ring, or max out Res with Armor, Amulet and a Diamond Ring.

That way I still get the Crit Chance.

Failing that though, I'll just take what I can get haha.

And yeah, I decided I had 17 respec points from quests I'd just unspec the mana leech tree and see how I went. Got enough mana left for 3 Tornado Shots that miss everything, more than enough to deal with the occasional desynced miss.

So I specced up towards... harrier? Got myself back above 50% dodge chance, so I'm very happy right now.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info