[3.0] NeverSink's ♣ INDEPTH Tornado&Archer Guide ♣ Beginner friendly ♣ Rapid clear ♣ All bosses

ah cool. didn't know that one. thx
"
Zephryl wrote:
"

I always pull open the sale thread from .trade to see when the sellers last update was. If there's a good item at a good price, and the seller has updated recently, I'll throw them on my friends list until I see them online. Saves from refreshing poe.trade constantly.

I like Weathered Hunter. Only 3 points to invest since you're on the path already. Gives you accuracy, resists, and some extra dex.

I plan on finishing my tree around the Hired Killer / True Strike / Harrier nodes. Plus you go through Reflexes to get to them for a decent evasion bump on the way.

Ah! I didn't think of that, I'll definitely try that... once I get some currency. I can't get much for 5 Chaos haha.

Those are the nodes I was considering, so I might do that then. Thanks!

Also, is there an easy way to figure out your Max Mana with auras and reduced mana and such without actually doing the spec and finding out? I want to regret the 3 nodes I used to get Mana Leech, since I get 2% from my Quiver, but I'm not sure I'll have enough Mana left afterwards...

You could find something pretty good for 5c. There are always deals available, especially if you leave yourself some flexibility in your gear. The chest I linked from my gear cost me 3.

Almost perfect life roll, T1 lightning resist, solid evasion numbers, and one open slot for a crafted resist of my choice. No complaints for 3c. (of course, socketing and linking is another matter...)

Unfortunately I don't have any Office stuff installed at the moment :\

My main problem with the Chest is that it pretty much -has- to have Fire res on it, or I'll have to redo my Jewellery. Which I don't mind, it's just that I really can't afford to do four bits of gear.

Specific fire roll on the chest really cuts down the options. I'll maybe go grind a level so I can get Weathered Archer and see how that affects my gear choices though~

Edit:

Suppose I can buy one and always just not use it until I get new Jewellery, haha. Sometimes I miss the obvious things lol

Think this is good enough for Atziri? Wasn't sure if I should keep going, or stick with that one.
Last edited by Zephryl on Feb 22, 2015, 10:20:03 PM
Hey!

I'm actually playing Duelist with Tornado shot / bringer of rain (actually followed this guide : http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1191386) and I wondered if I could switch to your build without losing much DPS.

+ a harbinger bow 250pdps, Rat's Nest and decent Jewel/gloves

Would it be enough ?
Last edited by DokyDok on Feb 23, 2015, 6:53:18 AM
Hi everyone,

I currently got this harbinger :

I'm not too rich, got around 5 exalts. Is it worth it to multi craft this bow for 2 exalts (to add some %critical chance and reach around 8,5) or do I wait to buy a better one ? This one is around 315pdps but I don't have enough critical chance on it to have the '8.5%' for this build.

Thanks !
"
alexvsevil wrote:
"
Will a bow with 350+ pDPS boost my DPS by hefty margin?

YES.

Try and get a bow with ias and higher min/max physical damage rolls. Something like this or better:

Honestly it's probably worth scouring that bow and crafting ias in place of wed and aim for a higher flat phys dmg roll. it'll make a big difference. in any case if you're going to invest in 6ling you want the bow to be pretty damn solid, and 273 pdps is pretty bad honestly compared to what it could be. (mine's 340 iirc, for reference)

Also, why no Atziri's Step? 14-16% spell dodge is an extremely significant boost to ehp and worth juggling jewelry a bit to cap resists.

Thanks for your suggestions. Look like I need to upgrade my bow first. I do want a 6L 350+ bow but its gonna cost me 50-70 exa which will be long time for me. I've done most maps 77 and below without problem with current setup. I even use this same setup to run reflect maps without death. However faster boss killing and Uber Atizi viable DPS would always be prefered.

About Atziri's Step. I will have to change my jewelry if I take these boots. I am trying to save up to upgrade my bow so I have to avoid spending now.

"
@Suxipo2001:
- Drillneck doesn't make sense if you don't use pierce. Change it for a rare quiver with high crit multi and other desired stats. You will also save 4 passive points in the process which you could use for more life or to take aspect of the eagle through the crit/att speed nodes. The 8% attack speed starting node is also worth taking.

- Move speed matters a lot for clearing speed, and your boots have none. That's an important issue imho.

- Don't bother with the evasion nodes in the evasion wheel.

Follow your suggestion, I replaced drillneck with the follow quiver + use 4 points for pierce to go for Aspect of Eagle instead and my DPS goes up by only 1k. However, my crit chance is now 74% which is really great (87% with 3 power charges).

Not sure if I should remove points from evasion wheel and put on the 8% attack speed. The 42% increased in evasions has saved me quite a few times.
Last edited by Suxipo2001 on Feb 23, 2015, 10:07:28 AM
"
Zephryl wrote:
Unfortunately I don't have any Office stuff installed at the moment :\

My main problem with the Chest is that it pretty much -has- to have Fire res on it, or I'll have to redo my Jewellery. Which I don't mind, it's just that I really can't afford to do four bits of gear.

Specific fire roll on the chest really cuts down the options. I'll maybe go grind a level so I can get Weathered Archer and see how that affects my gear choices though~

Edit:

Suppose I can buy one and always just not use it until I get new Jewellery, haha. Sometimes I miss the obvious things lol

Think this is good enough for Atziri? Wasn't sure if I should keep going, or stick with that one.

It limits the options, but there are still plenty. My search requirements for my chest were 1000+ evasion, 42%+ lightning resistance, and 90+ max life. Due to my current bow and quiver, I had a big extra boost to cold and fire resistances, but lightning was still light. With my other gear, I needed at least 42% to keep it maxed.

For your requirements: http://poe.trade/search/inamimiwoyoyom

1000+ Evasion, 38%+ Fire Res, 80+ max life, 5c max buyout.

32 results to choose from. Multiple really good options even for 1400+ evasion and open slots to craft. Again, you would have to do the socket and linking game yourself, but you can continue to use your current chest and work on the new one as you level. Once you hit the 6S/5L at minimum, you can make the switch over.

"
partyboy79 wrote:
Hi everyone,

I currently got this harbinger :

I'm not too rich, got around 5 exalts. Is it worth it to multi craft this bow for 2 exalts (to add some %critical chance and reach around 8,5) or do I wait to buy a better one ? This one is around 315pdps but I don't have enough critical chance on it to have the '8.5%' for this build.

Thanks !

You can't multicraft that bow because it already has 4 mods on it. Multi-mod counts against one of the suffix rolls.
Thanks! I'll have a look in the morning, see if anyone online has an upgrade for me.
Any ETA on the Windripper portion of the guide? Or does anyone have some recommendations of gear/tree (other than the Windripper ofc)?

Thanks
The9thPatriarch
A physical tree is very different from an elemental tree. Check the shadow and scion section, you may find something there (I think shadow at least is a better start for an elemental bow build).
Ranger builds list: /917964
When two witches watch two watches, which witch watches which watch?
If the witches watching watches watch the same watch while you watch which witch watches which watch, they switch watches; then, the watch switching witches watch which watch you watch.
Watching witches watch watches is not for the faint of heart...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info