[3.0] NeverSink's ♣ INDEPTH Tornado&Archer Guide ♣ Beginner friendly ♣ Rapid clear ♣ All bosses

Kitty's Guide On Post Formatting - view-thread/1913874
i wouldn't call that much of a discussion, its just people throwing their opinions out with no math or figures or anything, just ya LMP is better or ya GMP is better. no reasons behind it.

i'd say the only way you could tell is to test it yourself for your own personal set up. again sometimes tornado shot doesn't hit the same target more than once at all even with GMP so in that case not even running lmp or gmp would have been better. and you'll never hit your one target with all the arrows from lmp or gmp, so to suggest that gmp is more dps because you have more arrows to shotgun is kind of null and void since those extra arrows are more than likely not hitting your one target to begin with.

if you want to talk about aoe clear, then tornado shot doesn't even compare with split/pierce anyway.
"
dEus__ wrote:
"
2cards1muck wrote:
"
Dkodr wrote:
How do I get my dps on tornado to 30-40k, and puncture to 50-60k for doing Uber runs? Even with a 370dps bow I only do 33k punctur and 18k gmp tornado dmg atm, and i have more or less the skill tree pictured on page 1, I am level 91.

Gear:
Spoiler

i think some add physical dmg on ring/amulet would be nice. and global strike chance/multiplier helps a lot. when i use drillneck my tooltip dps is around 18k. but i`m testing physical to lightning and have 20k tooltip (without drillneck)

my gear:

Spoiler

edit: my char is 90

did you test added fire instead of phys to lightning? Would be intersting to see how it affects the clear speed. Imo added fire is better but I haven't had the chance to test it yet. (39% to 29% extra damage at lvl20)

That spike point quiver is so nice, May I know if the damage of that quiver is equal to drillneck?

Because my bow for leveling is attack speed base, I wonder which quiver should use,

as Drillneck doesn't have crit stats.

my gear:

Spoiler

Thank you~
Last edited by hkbutubaman on Dec 28, 2014, 12:27:03 AM
I havent tried Drillneck yet.
Kitty's Guide On Post Formatting - view-thread/1913874
"
dEus__ wrote:

did you test added fire instead of phys to lightning? Would be intersting to see how it affects the clear speed. Imo added fire is better but I haven't had the chance to test it yet. (39% to 29% extra damage at lvl20)

i "tested" with a 19/20 add fire gem (yeah i know my physical to lightning is only 15/11) and the tooltip dps jumps from 20,5k to 21,5k. its not a huge jump imo. i think i level both gems to 20/20 and then i test again. i think that a 20/20 physical to lightning could be much stronger. but we lose some life leech because of the converted physical dmg. less physical less life leech.

the question about the clearspeed:
i think the best clearspeed is with drillneck and 100% pierce because of the larger "clear area". but you are not too slow with the physical to lightning/add fire dmg. it doesn`t matter if your dooltip is 18k or 20,5k or 21,k we one shooting the most mobs so its a question of the own playstyle with gem/gear we use.

"
hkbutubaman wrote:

That spike point quiver is so nice, May I know if the damage of that quiver is equal to drillneck?

Because my bow for leveling is attack speed base, I wonder which quiver should use,

as Drillneck doesn't have crit stats.

my gear:

Spoiler

Thank you~

its a question about your gear. i used drillneck a long time with a 5 link bow/chest. my link was: TS - GMP - FA - PPAD - increased critical dmg. i also use the 3 passive for piercing. and my dmg was much higher with the drillneck.
after 6l my bow the drillneck is BiS. When your 6 gem is pierce. then you have 100% pierce and its fun to play with this.

but now i changed a little bit my tree, so i refund the "pierce passive" and take the depth perception nodes (yeah not the best choice but its ok for me). i also change my quiver to the spike. and my tooltip dps make a huge jump. so its depends of your gear (5/6l, capped res, huge lifepool, life leech etc) and passive tree if you should use drillneck.

for leveling i recommend some rare quiver. you can get missing stats with it and that makes it a lot easier. later when your gear is really good and you need no res, life leech from quiver and you have 5/6l give drillneck a try. otherwise rare quivers are much "better"

i hope that the native speakers understand my terrible english :D
Well these are my items at Level 69

Spoiler

Resistances are at 66, 75 and 73(fire, cold and lightning respectively) but it's not much of a problem.
Any thoughts on my bow? I just love the linking and damage :D
I'm not using Hatred nor Haste.. Soaks up too much mana and I'm left with nothing for Assassins's mark.
thanks 2cards1muck, I have a better concept now. I think I will go for more crit and physical damage + life!
"
krazydude wrote:
Well these are my items at Level 69

Spoiler

Resistances are at 66, 75 and 73(fire, cold and lightning respectively) but it's not much of a problem.
Any thoughts on my bow? I just love the linking and damage :D
I'm not using Hatred nor Haste.. Soaks up too much mana and I'm left with nothing for Assassins's mark.

Run reduced mana for auras and get mana leach node.

Bow lacks crits tho. Nice dmg/attack speed tho.

Need to upgrade that helm n ammy lol
Hi guys have some questions about my gear

Are those fine or should i look for a rare harbinger with 280pdps around and 8+ crit?
How about the quiver? I didnt take the pierce nodes in tree and the pierce gem didnt make any change in my playstile i mean i didnt notice any change...

Thanks!
"
joaco127 wrote:
Hi guys have some questions about my gear

Are those fine or should i look for a rare harbinger with 280pdps around and 8+ crit?
How about the quiver? I didnt take the pierce nodes in tree and the pierce gem didnt make any change in my playstile i mean i didnt notice any change...

Thanks!

Why did you take nodes? Pierce is useful.

Lioneye will work well.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info