[1.2.4] SHATTER CHUCK - 3 MILLION SUSTAINABLE DPS (6.7 \W SHOCK & CURSE) - EASY UBER ATZIRI

"
Tom94 wrote:
"
andrehbg wrote:
only 2 things to say
1 - i no longer need Arc to shock stuff
2 - take a look at links
Spoiler

I think using curse on hit with herald of thunder is a bad idea. Firstly you're killing things so quickly and at such a range, that most of the monsters wont even be cursed. Secondly you already should be using a curse in your 6L instead of PCoC on maps with monsters which are not curse immune, so you'd have to invest 4 point to allow for a second curse and then use something like elemental weakness.

Culling strike on the other hand is also a possibility to link with herald of thunder, but again, I think the lightnings just strike to rarely for it to be very useful. Keep in mind that you have to kill something in order for the lightning to strike, so for the only monsters where culling would actually be useful (full group dominus for instance) you don't even have the lightning bolts up.

I tried all those things out and found to prefer herald of thunder without any support gems apart from reduced mana. You preference may vary, though. ;)

I myself dropped Empower and put herald of thunder in the slot. I'm trying to get ahold of a ring that'd allow me to drop purity of elements instead, so I can pick up Empower again. Herald of thunder gives amazing DPS to my freezing pulse. I go from 4.6k tooltip to 5.4k tooltip using a lvl 16 herald of thunder.

Do u tested it?
It seens we have very different playstyle them, i usually stay at closer range from mobs, i play with ice spear or freezing pulse, herald of thunder casts really fast its storm, at least the mobs on the frontlie get cursed, increasing ur chance to get a critical strike, from around 90 to the cap. Also i dont play with curse on 6l, i prefer using PCoC since i play with dual void batteries. Also, its very good against bosses, it worked really fine against atziri and the trio. And i personally droped empower and reduced mana, i still have 85 life free, so i dont think its needed at all, can use barrage or lightning warp nonstop
"
aff1nity wrote:
"
andrehbg wrote:
only 2 things to say
1 - i no longer need Arc to shock stuff
2 - take a look at links
Spoiler

So we can replace PCoC with another spell? (for mapping).

ive tried this, with arc ice spear and FP, it worked much better then i tought it would, even with dual VB, but honestly i saw no difference in clearspeed, but its fun lol
Question:

I use 21/20 arc + 21/20 FP (or sometimes IS to snipe) and occasionally rip when I don't see reflect rares who are further away on the screen due to range of arc / IS even If I have my flasks up (but atziri due to 2 charges only - so I'm saving it for 100% visible reflect packs).

Here's my gear, I simply love this build and don't want to switch to anything else, but how can I avoid dying??

Spoiler

IGN Soultakerr
"
Question:

I use 21/20 arc + 21/20 FP (or sometimes IS to snipe) and occasionally rip when I don't see reflect rares who are further away on the screen due to range of arc / IS even If I have my flasks up (but atziri due to 2 charges only - so I'm saving it for 100% visible reflect packs).

Here's my gear, I simply love this build and don't want to switch to anything else, but how can I avoid dying??

Spoiler

I'm going for 100 now, leveling with this build obv. If I map solo or duo I run Arctic Breath + Arc instead of FP. FP pierces and travels faster and further, and thus making it more "complicated" do mitigate the reflect of those invisible mobs hiding around the corner or a tree. In Courtyards it kinda sucks, due to walls and shit - but it gives some extra safety.
No matter spells, the easiest way to show the finger to reflect is running dual Promise-flasks. This way you will always have one of them up.

I'm not running Rumi's in maps. 2x Promise, 1 Quicksilver, 1 Topaz and 1 whateverelementufeelike.

Everytime I fire without being able to see what's around the corner, or what's hiding behind that tree I press a Promise and reflect won't matter. I'm guessing I have a tad more ES then you as well, duo to running mirrored wand and
- I'm at 9.6k ES now, used to be at 8.8 before I made the shield. In both cases if the reflect mob wasnt huge, I could hit it and still have time to press Promise without dying.

It's very possible to live through reflect. During leveling I think I've only died once to it, and that was because 42573785 LL STers with Banana-effect was covering it, lmao.
Silsamazing - lvl 100 Witch
SilAndTheVortex - lvl 100 Occultist
So some of you all use Ice Spear instead of Arctic Breath for its faster speed and it being able to pierces? I thought Arctic Breath being able to shotgun was its shining point, since SP doesnt.
"
ssebastiann wrote:
"
gfurm wrote:
where can i find this calc tool you using?

In my PC :P, I made it for this build. Everybody give me an EX for my Acuity and I release it (?) :( lol

Please release it, tia
"
So some of you all use Ice Spear instead of Arctic Breath for its faster speed and it being able to pierces? I thought Arctic Breath being able to shotgun was its shining point, since SP doesnt.

I don't think very many people use Ice Spear - Freezing Pulse seems to be the spell most people prefer really. It's fast, it's piercing, it's fun. For map clearing it's without a doubt the best. AB FB for bosses is still better.
Silsamazing - lvl 100 Witch
SilAndTheVortex - lvl 100 Occultist
I made a small spreadsheet showing how I arrive at my DPS. Feel free to make a copy of it and plug in your own values. :)
Everything is taken from tooltips and the character window.

I'm arriving at 2.85m DPS now, by the way. Time to update the OP. :D

Link
IGN: Pirteloli
Last edited by Tom94 on Oct 24, 2014, 8:13:46 AM
"
andrehbg wrote:

Do u tested it?
It seens we have very different playstyle them, i usually stay at closer range from mobs, i play with ice spear or freezing pulse, herald of thunder casts really fast its storm, at least the mobs on the frontlie get cursed, increasing ur chance to get a critical strike, from around 90 to the cap. Also i dont play with curse on 6l, i prefer using PCoC since i play with dual void batteries. Also, its very good against bosses, it worked really fine against atziri and the trio. And i personally droped empower and reduced mana, i still have 85 life free, so i dont think its needed at all, can use barrage or lightning warp nonstop

Yeah, I did test it - monsters usually die before getting cursed. I found empower to be the overall better solution since it adds around 10-20% total DPS. This is on par with the curse for bosses, since bosses have an inherent 60% reduced effect of curses, so against things like Atziri Empower is the more reliable choice in the first place. ;)

Also updated the guide to my current setup.
IGN: Pirteloli
Last edited by Tom94 on Oct 24, 2014, 8:52:57 AM
"
Tom94 wrote:
"
andrehbg wrote:

Do u tested it?

Yeah, I did test it - monsters usually die before getting cursed. I found empower to be the overall better solution since it adds around 10-20% total DPS. This is on par with the curse for bosses, since bosses have an inherent 60% reduced effect of curses, so against things like Atziri Empower is the more reliable choice in the first place. ;)

Also updated the guide to my current setup.

How exactly an empower adds 20% overall dps? A level 20 herald of ice, or level 16 herald of lightning itself increases the overall dps for around 20%, how 2 or 3 aditional levels for both adds up another 20% ? oO

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info