Weekend News Update (Stash Tab Sales, Server Stability, Concurrency Record, Beyond Updates)

great game! keep up the good work!
[Removed]
Last edited by Periphery on Sep 13, 2014, 2:17:30 AM
From someone who lives in Canada i appreciate the work being done on stability. I have sadly had a few issues with this. On a more positive note gzz for the concurrency records and great to hear you are working on more master mission variability- have all to lvl 5 now and can see it getting a little tedious...
Love both leagues !

Thanks for removing the life regen on beyond demons, some master quests need tuning concerning some abilities used during Elreon quests or Hakus OP rock-quake missions imo.

With the crafting benches and strongboxes present in both leagues I feel I have more currency and build-specific items via crafting at my disposal than ever before.

Progression with the masters feels right.

The incorporation of the masters into the areas, the town or your hideout is topnotch,
I love their new loretibits and opinion of each other. Hats off to the Lore/Writing department.

Thanks again GGG for a wonderful expansion.
"The templar is the perfect choice of an honorable man, a true gentleman.
He is a man of god. His words are true and pure.
Finally, he wears no pants because he has no shame to hide."
Aerthas, 2014
Last edited by mothra74 on Aug 23, 2014, 3:37:35 AM
"
Odoakar wrote:

And please up the currency drops a bit. We now have strongbox sink, Master sink, and regular crafting sink. The drops are just not keeping with that (no chaos or alch dropped in act 1 and act 2 normal, for example).

Other than that, great work with the FM.

Edit: and first at last! ^_^

Yeah, what he said.
I'm absolutely loving Forsaken Masters! I haven't played PoE since maybe 2-3 weeks into Sacrifice of the Vaal, and this is the best experience I've had in the game since starting it over 2 years ago! The graphics are looking better than ever, boss fights are amazing (especially Merveil, holy shit she's a challenge!), content is on point and giving me plenty to do!

The servers have been pretty wonky though, my ping is going from 34 (normal) to over 2000 within mere moments, but other than that kudos to everyone at GGG! I'm proud that PoE has made it this far and I'm looking forward to Act 4 and years of content beyond!

GG GGG
Last edited by ElChivoDiablo on Aug 23, 2014, 3:39:18 AM
awesome thanks for the update cant wait to see more beyond tweaks. The regen removal was a welcome change doesnt take nearly as long to kill them now haha but the reward still doesnt feel good to me, the rare and blues pack is ok may need a slight buff to there loot just cause how dangerous some of them can be.

The big bosses on the other hand take so much time and commitment to get to spawn there loot should be equiv to a normal boss or a little less but on avg since the buff to there loot im only getting 1rare per big boss and thats just not worth it for me. I feel like I should want to go out of my way to kill them to get the phat loot they drop but at the same time without the reward theres barely any incentive to kill them let alone get them to spawn.

Im looking forward to the changes over the next month and hopefully with enough feedback you guys can get them just right. On a side note I cant wait to see what we peak at player wise this weekend.
I am having an issue with the whole idea of Rampage being a league. It is cool, but it doesn't really fit into the idea of being challenging. Has more to do with clearing speed, zerging up everything. Not really challenging, more of a play style tweak. If I wanted to play this way, I would go for a blood rage build. It is the casual league and it seems like you can't play it too casually without losing stacks. Monster Density is also another issue. Sometimes after clearing a strongbox or helping a master, I will have like 50 kills and go for a rampage. Then the monster density thins and it goes away. Maybe have the Rampage effect pause if you feel like looting or scratch your nose for a few seconds. If there are not any monsters around, why should we lose our streak?

The whole league seems great for people who have been playing Reave builds. Other things that seem attractive are the "less things going on builds" Cast on Damage taken, Summoners. It also seems like you want everyone to build super fast run characters with large amounts of attack/cast speed.

TLTR: It feels like the Rampage league is better suited for certain play styles. I was under the impression that build diversity was a something GGG wanted.
Thank you for the expansion. Keep up the good work!
"
We've been receiving a lot of feedback about the Forsaken Masters expansion. The vast majority is extremely positive, but some players have expressed concern with the balance of some of the bosses in the Beyond league.

Do you even read the forums? Because at least around here that's not what see.

Anyway, I think Masters are a great addiction to the game (even though they need some tweaks; some missions are impossible for some builds).
I love the new Herald buffs.
The new league mods seem uninspiring. Invasion 2.0 is a flop.
The hideout thing was a waste of time, this is not Sims FFS.
http://slysherz.blogspot.com

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info