Weekend News Update (Stash Tab Sales, Server Stability, Concurrency Record, Beyond Updates)

"
60x7 wrote:
Hey kids! Here's a fabulous NEW way to clean out your stash tabs
AND MAKE CURRENCY AT THE SAME TIME!
ITS CALLED TRADING!....look into it.

Hey kids, another news, install Procurement! It will help you sell stuff you don't want.

But now, seriously, what they are saying is very reasonable.
I just started playing POE for the first time 2 weeks prior to Forsaken Masters release. I played 5 different builds all the way through normal and half of cruel. I did this to get the feel of the game and also learn how to play with different builds by following guides posted by experienced players. As I learned more about the game, I started to tweak builds to my play style. I started with my own fresh Templar build in rampage the minute Forsaken Masters was released and I am now in Merciless Act 1 and I am having such a blast. Since I really like what you have done with the game and how much fun I'm having it was a no brainer for me to spend some money and get some premium stash tabs. Thanks for the great game and great update. I am really looking forward to running some maps on my new Templar build.
Well, I must say this is the first time I've ever seen a queue message on this game! The game has become quite stellar, in my opinion.
26% the highest discount on normal tab bundle?

Unless you really want/need to name and color tabs; The normal tab bundle is way more better deal than discounted premium tab bundle right?

I got 10 tabs atm. And I got 335 points. Should I be buying 3 normal tab bundle? I'll have 28 tabs total (6 of them premium).

I don't think I'll be wanting to buy effects soon since I'm still fairly new to this game.

Any advice? Greatly appreciated. Cheers!
PoE-TradeMacro - https://github.com/PoE-TradeMacro/POE-TradeMacro/
ExileTrade - http://exiletrade.github.io/
Last edited by ManicCompression on Aug 24, 2014, 5:03:44 PM
Aye, stash tabs bought. Thanks for this great expansion, GGG! I love the voice actors, especially Catarina and Elreon. The whole hideout idea, crafting, all the new small details added to the world and lore and the new missions. Maybe except Vargan's and Vorici's missions, some of those are quite hard to accomplish. But it's fun nontheless. And more's on the way? Seems you don't need any sleep...
Also, congratulation for your very own Rampage through the internet! ;)
"
Arrowneous wrote:

Yes... forever and ever until either GGG does the right thing and switches it back to added tabs or Chris wants to take all my read-only tabs and unlock them all to get me to go away.
Spoiler

The main problems I have are:

1. We were not informed ahead of time that this change was coming so we couldn't buy more
    before the change took place.
2. Chris and company acknowledges and is ok with us keeping long term stash

The 2nd point is where most of the disagreement arises. Many that are in opposition to my view usually state that GGG does not care about the permanent leagues and only the four 3 month leagues so what does it matter to you or I. If this were true than I wouldn't be posting and this discussion wouldn't be happening. But GGG is always introducing new game features such as strongboxes or corrupt zones or now forsaken masters and those new features that are good migrate to the standard leagues. If GGG really and truly didn't care about the permanent leagues they wouldn't migrate all these wonderful game features over to it and it would be dead to us. So that's not a reason to dismiss the permanent leagues. And oh yes, the most important reason that this is still a very sore issue for me and others, it's Standard and Hardcore League where all our 3 month and race league stash gets moved to so it is only the permanent leagues where the read-only tabs are. If we are not allowed to keep our hard earned loot from a temp league then that would have a very big negative impact on the whole idea that PoE is an arpg for playing not just for a few months but a complex and deep arpg that we can (and should) play over many years of time. I love this about PoE and it blows D3 and RoS away with the depth of play and long term playing experience I get out of PoE.

So I'm on the PoE merry-go-round for the long ride (started playing CB PoE in November 2012) and thus the hours I've enjoyed (mostly) playing PoE is recreational time I personally feel is well spent and thus all the PoE items I choose to keep should be mine to keep forever until I decide when to stop and no one else (not even GGG) should take that away from me. Thus as temp leagues come and go I end up with 30 tabs being dumped into Standard League every 3 months. I always do consolidate and vendor off a lot of stuff but after several temp leagues I still have many read-only tabs that are over 90% full. For me to play the RNG game if I bought another 6 premium tabs (all 30 of my normal tabs are premium, thank you Chris) and hope that the 6 read-only tabs that are RNG chosen to be converted to normal full use premium tabs are not any of the read-only tabs over 90% full is something I'm not willing to do. I want to fund GGG by buying more stash space for my Standard League needs but I'm not going to RNG gamble with $16.50 USD of my money. It's never going to happen. So GGG is losing financially by not adding new stash tabs so that they are 100% empty and ready for me to use as I choose. And I lose the ability to consolidate down my ever growing quantity of read-only tabs. SIGH!!!   :(

TL;DR There, I'm done with my rant.

wow, so many text for the fact that you somehow cannot sell your items in your readonly tabs to the ingame trader before buying new tabs...
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
"
Covote wrote:
"
60x7 wrote:
"
Arrowneous wrote:
 GGG still hasn't fixed the problem of stash tab purchases still taking remove-only tabs and converting them to full use tabs. At the time the change from added to converted tabs was made, I put up 3 threads over this being a huge problem and explained my reasons why. I even emailed Chris over this to see if that would get any traction. In one of my posts I predicted that GGG would stay mute and just weather out the complaint storm as they do in most cases and eventually the posts will stop. Well, that worked for and against GGG. GGG stayed mute and now the posts about how the change is a huge problem in Standard League have stopped. It is still a failure for GGG as now I and many others don't buy premium stash tab bundles any more as I'm not ever willing to play the RNG game with $16.50 USD of my money.

GGG has shot themselves in the financial wallet big time and until I can buy stash tabs and get them added as new completely empty tabs I can't ever buy any more. It's also made me put the kibosh on becoming a Master Supporter over this. So let's see, the change got the devs out of a race tab problem but then GGG loses out on any more stash tab purchases from many players. I don't know why Chris has been so complacent over the loss of revenue. His hands off approach to the coder devs fix for that problem is costing GGG money.

This seems like nonsense and if I was Chris I would probably dismiss this off hand as someone just trolling.

Nope. I haven't bought stash tabs either since the change. Mainly because I see no benefit to getting stuff I already don't want to get rid of transferred to newly paid for tabs. It would still be a benefit for me, just not as big as clean tabs. Shame because I feel like i could really use about 12 more tabs to really get my stash cleaned up and organized properly.

Sorry, but I don't understand. Why don't you buy the space you need and organize your items as you wish? You need more space for the items you want to keep, yes? So why don't just buy new stash space and put it in order? What is the problem with the way how it works now? I think I'm missing something, since I just don't get it.
I just want to say thanks to GGG for the expansion and for their transparency and candor with the state of the POE in general.

Sure not everything is perfect. You can't please all of the people all of the time!

I know I'm having a LOT of fun with the Forsaken Masters and I love being able to see msg's from Chris and the dev team in general often. I've played other F2P games, most of which were P2W at their core and I'm planning on sticking with POE for quite a while even with the desync and other issues that come up.

Why? Because it's evident that GGG is out to continue to put out a game that is fun. Not a game that is perfect! And they're orders of magnitude more open to listening and responding to their players then a lot of other F2P games out there!

Just my $.02

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info