Weekend News Update (Stash Tab Sales, Server Stability, Concurrency Record, Beyond Updates)

"
DemiDemon wrote:
"
Covote wrote:
Nope. I haven't bought stash tabs either since the change. Mainly because I see no benefit to getting stuff I already don't want to get rid of transferred to newly paid for tabs. It would still be a benefit for me, just not as big as clean tabs. Shame because I feel like i could really use about 12 more tabs to really get my stash cleaned up and organized properly.
+1

-100 because you should tidy your f**king stash tabs between leagues :D
"
EinKRieGeR wrote:
again this stash tab bundle...

Yes... forever and ever until either GGG does the right thing and switches it back to added tabs or Chris wants to take all my read-only tabs and unlock them all to get me to go away.

The main problems I have are:

1. We were not informed ahead of time that this change was coming so we couldn't buy more
    before the change took place.
2. Chris and company acknowledges and is ok with us keeping long term stash

The 2nd point is where most of the disagreement arises. Many that are in opposition to my view usually state that GGG does not care about the permanent leagues and only the four 3 month leagues so what does it matter to you or I. If this were true than I wouldn't be posting and this discussion wouldn't be happening. But GGG is always introducing new game features such as strongboxes or corrupt zones or now forsaken masters and those new features that are good migrate to the standard leagues. If GGG really and truly didn't care about the permanent leagues they wouldn't migrate all these wonderful game features over to it and it would be dead to us. So that's not a reason to dismiss the permanent leagues. And oh yes, the most important reason that this is still a very sore issue for me and others, it's Standard and Hardcore League where all our 3 month and race league stash gets moved to so it is only the permanent leagues where the read-only tabs are. If we are not allowed to keep our hard earned loot from a temp league then that would have a very big negative impact on the whole idea that PoE is an arpg for playing not just for a few months but a complex and deep arpg that we can (and should) play over many years of time. I love this about PoE and it blows D3 and RoS away with the depth of play and long term playing experience I get out of PoE.

So I'm on the PoE merry-go-round for the long ride (started playing CB PoE in November 2012) and thus the hours I've enjoyed (mostly) playing PoE is recreational time I personally feel is well spent and thus all the PoE items I choose to keep should be mine to keep forever until I decide when to stop and no one else (not even GGG) should take that away from me. Thus as temp leagues come and go I end up with 30 tabs being dumped into Standard League every 3 months. I always do consolidate and vendor off a lot of stuff but after several temp leagues I still have many read-only tabs that are over 90% full. For me to play the RNG game if I bought another 6 premium tabs (all 30 of my normal tabs are premium, thank you Chris) and hope that the 6 read-only tabs that are RNG chosen to be converted to normal full use premium tabs are not any of the read-only tabs over 90% full is something I'm not willing to do. I want to fund GGG by buying more stash space for my Standard League needs but I'm not going to RNG gamble with $16.50 USD of my money. It's never going to happen. So GGG is losing financially by not adding new stash tabs so that they are 100% empty and ready for me to use as I choose. And I lose the ability to consolidate down my ever growing quantity of read-only tabs. SIGH!!!   :(

TL;DR There, I'm done with my rant.
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
Last edited by Arrowneous on Aug 24, 2014, 9:02:47 AM
Thank you GGG for this awesome expansion of the game!

Stash tabs. I have a LOT of them, regular and premium. Why are my premium stash tabs on the right side!? I could reorder them but it's going to take a lot of time. I thought premium tabs were supposed to be on the left side (starting from tab 1) so that when you upgrade more tabs they expand to the right? Strange. This problem keeps me from buying more premium tabs!

Once again thank you for this expansion! For me it's like a completely new experience, so fresh. I have fallen in love with the Beyond league. The feeling of repetitive content/questing is no more - you never know what will happen when you head out questing. I really enjoy the chain-spawning of bosses when opening a strong-box, however I agree that these bosses shouldn't spawn from killing small critters that were summoned from other monsters. :)

Where are all the scrolls of wisdom when needed?
Where are the marauders!? :(
lmao people still whine about that stash tab change, clean up after yourselves you children
I just want to add, I think you guys did an amazing job with this expansion. Its night and day compared to the snooze fest map grind we had prior. The addition of strong boxes,masters,hideouts etc..etc.. has really made this game fun and rewarding. Its not stupid easy like Diablo3 and that's a good thing. Outside of the occasional desynch and pvp related balance issues, its damn good.
GGG, the ADA of gaming....huuuur i gotz mai skilz.
IGN: MullaXul
I got in a queue to enter the game. WOW.

Not bothered.

Congratz.

I guess that PoE is through the roof.
I just wanted to add positive feedback as well. The Forgotten Masters has been cool to explore. I also wanted to give props on sound - general and detailed. I noticed something the last few times that either weren't as well done or new. Also - is it just me or did you guys redo dialogue/audio of some of the regular NPC voices we meet?
"
DemiDemon wrote:
"
Covote wrote:
Nope. I haven't bought stash tabs either since the change. Mainly because I see no benefit to getting stuff I already don't want to get rid of transferred to newly paid for tabs. It would still be a benefit for me, just not as big as clean tabs. Shame because I feel like i could really use about 12 more tabs to really get my stash cleaned up and organized properly.
+1

+1

I really don't know why GGG is keeping it like this. Perhaps they are not upfront with us on the reason behind it. I'm thinking it's a way to force us to buy more tabs, but it's having the opposite affect. Haven't bought stash tabs since the change. I've always wanted the fiery weapon weapon but resisted buying it when it was just on sale. Have always bought supporter packs in the past, but am resiting to buy the current ones.

But on the xpack, nice job.

"
Arrowneous wrote:
or Chris wants to take all my read-only tabs and unlock them all to get me to go away.

That's exactly what they're doing when you buy new tabs, except that they're only unlocking the number of new tabs that you've purchased.

"
Arrowneous wrote:
I want to fund GGG by buying more stash space for my Standard League needs but I'm not going to RNG gamble with $16.50 USD of my money. It's never going to happen. So GGG is losing financially by not adding new stash tabs so that they are 100% empty and ready for me to use as I choose. And I lose the ability to consolidate down my ever growing quantity of read-only tabs. SIGH!!! :(

Sounds like you're more interested in hoarding items than you are in purchasing new tabs and "funding GGG". You have TOO MUCH STUFF for your allotted stash space and GGG has done you a favor by giving you the remove-only tabs in standard/HC. You act like GGG would be taking your money and giving nothing in return, when in reality you're just upset that you can't hoard items forever for free.
Hey kids! Here's a fabulous NEW way to clean out your stash tabs
AND MAKE CURRENCY AT THE SAME TIME!
ITS CALLED TRADING!....look into it.
Saved

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info