Weekend News Update (Stash Tab Sales, Server Stability, Concurrency Record, Beyond Updates)

We've had a lot of reports about server stability issues in the last few hours, mostly from Canada and to a lesser extent, other areas of Northern America. We've escalated the issue to our server host who are investigating it. These types of issues usually involve internet issues between various ISPs and can be resolved with the ISPs investigating for a few hours. We're keeping a close eye on it!

There's a similar issue going on with our Australian gateway over a longer period of time, related to internet choppiness between Australia and our master servers in America. We're looking for solutions to this and are confident that we can resolve it.

We broke another international player concurrency record last night and it's very clear that tonight is going to be another all-time high! I'll let you know how it went after the weekend.

We've been receiving a lot of feedback about the Forsaken Masters expansion. The vast majority is extremely positive, but some players have expressed concern with the balance of some of the bosses in the Beyond league. We are reading the feedback, continuing to playtest, looking at player data and making more changes. I expect the next set of changes will be deployed on Monday or Tuesday. The leagues are an evolving thing, and we're keen to hit the sweet spot of challenge, reward and fun.

There's a strike team within our core development team working on adding content to missions in Forsaken Masters. Lots of very cool additions are coming over the next few weeks.

Enjoy the expansion over the weekend! Oh, and thanks for buying stash tabs!
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
The expansion is great. Whoever wrote Masters lore and dialogue, please let him know he's doing a great job. Also, it's not said enough, but 'icrementally improved art, sound..' is something that always manages to amaze me. Yesterday I ran into a mill on Crossroads!

I've been having a blast with Beyond and Masters farming on Standard. It does seem it could be a bit grindy to get them to lvl 8, especially in 3-month leagues, so hopefully you tweak that. Beyond bossess should definitelly drop better loot, especially the first 1-3 tiers, as I'm right now usually running from them, and not trying to engage, because it's not worth it.

And please up the currency drops a bit. We now have strongbox sink, Master sink, and regular crafting sink. The drops are just not keeping with that (no chaos or alch dropped in act 1 and act 2 normal, for example).

Other than that, great work with the FM.

Edit: and first at last! ^_^
„I don't give a fuck if it was his tenth anniversary with his goddamn neckbeard...“
„If they think I'm going to let them sweep this pizza guy thing under the rug...“
No mod action. Business as usual.
Last edited by Odoakar on Aug 23, 2014, 3:07:21 AM
Goodies be blessed.
Awesome! Goona buy some more tabs! Having a lot of fun with Rampage this weekend.
1st page!

Great expansion Chris!
Last edited by Adamsio on Aug 23, 2014, 3:04:30 AM
Premium Stash Upgrade Sale please!!!
IGN: LeszczuTheSlayer
Great, i needed some
Just died to desync, so much fun
I'm a savage, I'm a king
I fought deceivers
I conquered evil
Congratulations on the record(s). :) I can say I have been having a blast, with a bit of lag here and there. Mainly loading new areas and spawning Beyond bosses seems to be what triggers a second or two of freezing. May also just be me, who knows.
"Do or do not, there is no try."
Yay! More stash tabs!
IGN: DVD
☆ Store of Wraeclast ☆: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/612816
Last edited by MiniMinhMo on Aug 23, 2014, 3:09:02 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info