Beyond bosses : One of the most annoying features this game has ever had

I have three complaints regarding Beyond mobs.

1. It was said we could control how many mobs are spawning by killing slower or faster, but this doesn't seem to be true. Red portals are not vanishing after a set period of time, as I expected from the way GGG explained it, but are permanently there, so no matter how fast or slow you kill, you will still be spawning the same amount of mobs. The only thing you can do is kite the mobs all over the map and be carefull not to kill packs close to each other. Which is not fun.

2. There is no reward in killing them, absolutely the best thing is just to run away and keep killing normal mobs.

3. They seem overbuffed, and when you take into account that they don't drop anything, it seems like a repeat of INvasion.

Everything else about the patch is good, but how can you make the same mistake twice, I really don't get it.
„I don't give a fuck if it was his tenth anniversary with his goddamn neckbeard...“
„If they think I'm going to let them sweep this pizza guy thing under the rug...“
No mod action. Business as usual.
The concept sounded good but is bad. My patience run out after normal Merveil.
Extremely annoying. Nothing fun.
Spawning invaders from killing 4-5 mobs with 1 shot doesn't seem like choosing.
Portals are invisible under fire trap and other aoes.
Not killing too many mobs to avoid portals is a terrible play style.
These mobs have horrible drops and serve no purpose then to attempt a pk through gimmicks.

The new content is great, but this league plays out pretty terribly.
Buy the ticket, take the ride.
Quite disenhearting to read this comments. Haven't tried Beyond yet, because I decided to first check Masters & new act bosses in Rampage.

I have no hurry to start a Beyond char now. Sounds like early Invasion dejavu. (though on paper looks very promising)
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
When has risk reward ever been a part of this game? The challenge has never been worth it, the drops are always ass. You could come to Rampage but you would feel like you never entered a new league, you don't even notice the rampage mechanic.
"
Odoakar wrote:
I have three complaints regarding Beyond mobs.

1. It was said we could control how many mobs are spawning by killing slower or faster, but this doesn't seem to be true. Red portals are not vanishing after a set period of time, as I expected from the way GGG explained it, but are permanently there, so no matter how fast or slow you kill, you will still be spawning the same amount of mobs. The only thing you can do is kite the mobs all over the map and be carefull not to kill packs close to each other. Which is not fun.

2. There is no reward in killing them, absolutely the best thing is just to run away and keep killing normal mobs.

3. They seem overbuffed, and when you take into account that they don't drop anything, it seems like a repeat of INvasion.

Everything else about the patch is good, but how can you make the same mistake twice, I really don't get it.

this +1

frankly its worst than invasion, at least invasion bosses can give u decent loot sometimes. its always trash for the beyond mobs, considering how long it takes to kill them.

and u can skip invasion bosses,
here the portal does not disappear ever,
most of the mobs have haste aura/slow aura/insane movespeed
I think the whole idea behind the portals was that players would actually have MORE choice whether or not to encounter these bosses, but in practice it's the other way around.

The spawn rate of the portals and the bosses are really out of control in my opinion.
Last edited by Startkabels on Aug 21, 2014, 7:12:18 AM
"
mucker wrote:
They seem tanky because you are using selffound trash gear on day one. When you have your leveling uniques they will be much easier but still dangerous.

This.
"
Korenth wrote:
"
mucker wrote:
They seem tanky because you are using selffound trash gear on day one. When you have your leveling uniques they will be much easier but still dangerous.

This.

Leveling uniques shall grant you the feeling of flying through the game for their rarity. Balancing early difficulty around them would be a mistake, especially with their power they grant compared to mediocre rares or good blue gear you'd normally use.

I left Beyond for now until GGG gets the rewards for this punishing situation straight. In Rampage I am at least not punished for having a good time, aka killing mobs fast and in masses.
Last edited by Nightmare90 on Aug 21, 2014, 8:09:11 AM
Maybe im the only one.. relating to this thread..lol but i had tons of fun and im about to finish a2 soon. Bosses are fucking strong but i dont see ur point of playing this league if you dont want a challenge. the only thing i could agree with is the rewards but even there its hard to make it any *fair*!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info