Beyond bosses : One of the most annoying features this game has ever had

Quoting my beyond sentiments from a similar thread:

"
KoTao wrote:
There should be a short delay between portal spawn and monster spawn, with a visible and/or audible indicator that the monsters are about to appear.

Having a load of strong aura blues/rares suddenly appear without warning mid battle (often instantly surrounding short range characters) is more annoying than fun and more of a gear/luck check than a challenge.

I otherwise think the monsters life, damage and mechanics are fine so far, though ive only faced one tier 3 boss and that was in mid act1 normal. This may change in cruel/merciless.

I dont think the risk:reward ratio is anywhere near acceptable. Currently its beginning-of-invasion level terrible, for which theres really no excuse since we just went through this exact same debacle in the previous hardcore challenge league. Basically, if the beyond blues are going to be harder than standard rares, they should drop better than standard rares, and if the beyond rares and bosses are going to be invader to act boss strength, they should be dropping like invaders or act bosses. Please rebalance beyond monsters risk:reward ratios asap.
IGN: KoTao
Last edited by KoTao on Aug 21, 2014, 4:20:23 AM
Another Invasion drama? Didn't GGG learned from their previous mistakes? ...
♠RaGoN♦
I actually enjoyed these Beyond bosses, scary as hell but as with everything it will just take some time to get used to. And few deaths for sure.
I AM MAD
ZAP!ZAP!ZAP! ME SOOO WIZZARD!
The Rampage mechanic at least has the decency to not matter at all. You can't feel it, it's like playing standard except there's the occasional fireworks animation. I much prefer that over annoying, intrusive mechanics like this Beyond nonsense.
Last edited by Jakabov on Aug 21, 2014, 4:49:55 AM
I want to share my thought.

Played for 3 hours in a party together with my brother. I'm now in the beginning of A2.

First thoughts were that the Beyond bosses spam too much, are too tanky and are not diverse enough.

By default to defeat the tier 1 mobs we have to split them up into smaller groups first. Also because the monsters are so tanky we were draining our pots all the time.

We often had to skip the rare monster or the complete mob when they were under the effect of strong auras like Haste or Vitality.

The portals seem to spawn way too often which means we constantly have to keep drawing monsters away from portals.

The tier 1 mob is also pretty boring in terms of diversity.
Haku missions - desync the shit out of you.
Beyond spawns - Lag the shit out of you when they spawn.

I'm fucking done with PoE. Every goddamn thing they do they add more desync or lag.

I'm going to buy grim dawn or diablo 3, and hope they're not as shittily made as this.
Every single death bar one have ALL BEEN DUE TO FUCKING LAG OR DESYNC.

So FUCK PoE. I'm out.

I mean, I tried. I really fucking tried to want to support the game.
Every time I thought I'd buy something, something fucking awful happened due to desync/lag. Every. Goddamn. Time. Can't believe I wasted as much time as I did on this game. I'm fucking done with it.

edit:
there, done. PoE's deleted.
Last edited by Idioticus on Aug 21, 2014, 5:32:00 AM
How did you guys experience the risk vs. reward? Some guildies of mine said it was fine and they got a rare of every rare demon but I experienced several times only blues or even only white item drops, which is kinda ridiculous for how damn hard these beasts are.

Even if I got a rare item of every rare demon I'd pass simply because some of those life regen mobs are tanky beyond good and evil and hurt the fluent feel the game got with the majority changes.

The risk vs. reward kinda feels off like in the beginning of Invasion. Dunno how this changes later on.
Last edited by Nightmare90 on Aug 21, 2014, 5:35:06 AM
"
Idioticus wrote:
Haku missions - desync the shit out of you.
Beyond spawns - Lag the shit out of you when they spawn.

I'm fucking done with PoE. Every goddamn thing they do they add more desync or lag.

I'm going to buy grim dawn or diablo 3, and hope they're not as shittily made as this.
Every single death bar one have ALL BEEN DUE TO FUCKING LAG OR DESYNC.

So FUCK PoE. I'm out.

I mean, I tried. I really fucking tried to want to support the game.
Every time I thought I'd buy something, something fucking awful happened due to desync/lag. Every. Goddamn. Time. Can't believe I wasted as much time as I did on this game. I'm fucking done with it.

edit:
there, done. PoE's deleted.

Bye, nobody will miss you
So "We didn't want to repeat invasion"....*repeatsinvasion*
The risk-reward experience we had with these mobs during Act 1 normal difficulty was quite poor.

A lot of effort involved and when a rare dropped we felt lucky.

The reward of normal uniques like Helldrake seems better, got a unique drop of him.

Think too early to jump to any conclusions based on this.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info