Herald of Ash

Makes no difference. Burning Damage is also Fire Damage.
Yeah, but why didn't they word it in a way that didn't prompt those questions?
Fire Damage, Burning Damage, Overkill damage;
Out of those three, only the first is not clear for someone not sure about the mechanics.
Zaanus:
Global chat: Mechanics for A work one way, B for another, C for a third but also with A, B uses C but not A, and D uses A&B but not C

___
Isn't a "no" better than an ignore?
"
Vipermagi wrote:
Modifiers apply locally. It applies to Ash's Ignites only.

I believe, that increased fire damage from quality applies as global modifier, thus increasing all fire (and burn) damage made by character, including fire damage and burns from HoA itself, of course.

Reason? Only support gem's modifiers apply locally, while auras/buffs apply globaly.

"
UnDeaD_CyBorG wrote:
Yeah, but why didn't they word it in a way that didn't prompt those questions?
Fire Damage, Burning Damage, Overkill damage;
Out of those three, only the first is not clear for someone not sure about the mechanics.

Some time ago, "fire damage" modifier increased only direct fire damage, but then GGG changed it (maybe, to make "fire damage" more attractive) to increase burning damage as well. Probably, they should have renamed it into "fire and burning damage" to be more consistent.... But still, that's how the game works - fire and chaos damage modifiers apply to DoT damage (burn and poison) as well.
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
Last edited by MortalKombat3 on Sep 11, 2014, 2:32:20 AM
"
MortalKombat3 wrote:
Reason? Only support gem's modifiers apply locally, while auras/buffs apply globaly.

Because Tempest Shield works that way, and it's the same Buff + invisible secondary effect setup. Generally, Quality and Supports are no different - they're all just modifiers to the Skill itself.

However, in-game testing shows it is added as part of the Buff, despite precedent otherwise. So there ya go :)
(oh no 2 GCP down :P )
Last edited by Vipermagi on Sep 11, 2014, 3:50:02 AM
Well, that it's part of the buff was what I expected at first, so nice it is. Though that would be only 1% of the 15%, are you saying it also works on base fire damage?
Aside, thanks for the heroic testing ;)

@MortalKombat
"fire and burning damage" would result in weird wording on items like searing touch, so that was likely not an option.
Zaanus:
Global chat: Mechanics for A work one way, B for another, C for a third but also with A, B uses C but not A, and D uses A&B but not C

___
Isn't a "no" better than an ignore?
Oh, I can check that real quick.
It even applies to Flame Surge. If you're super desperate about getting Increased Damage on your caster (...Somehow), a 20% Herald of Ash might just be for you! :D

EDIT: Hah! The Onyx amulet I found while leveling the Flame Surge chanced into a Carnage Heart. Was kinda hoping for a good amulet, but I'll take it I guess :p
Last edited by Vipermagi on Sep 11, 2014, 6:18:14 AM
Hi, i just wanna make sure about it:

If I use Herald of Ashes and Hatred, will the Extra Dmg from Hatred (as cold dmg!) increase the overkill dmg for the ignite effect?
"
Hi, i just wanna make sure about it:

If I use Herald of Ashes and Hatred, will the Extra Dmg from Hatred (as cold dmg!) increase the overkill dmg for the ignite effect?

Any damage counts for overkill. Cold damage from Hatred is no exception.
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
Last edited by MortalKombat3 on Sep 12, 2014, 11:10:16 AM
Currently using it on my archer, linked to ele prolif and in addition to hatred and I think it is too strong. It promotes the all crit meta even further.

"
Daresso wrote:
Herald of Ash triggers a graphical bug when loading into zones. I would describe the bug as a series of two red lines quickly appearing and disappearing around where the character's hands are.
I've seen this too. It's probably a graphic trail initialization bug.
Ranger builds list: /917964
When two witches watch two watches, which witch watches which watch?
If the witches watching watches watch the same watch while you watch which witch watches which watch, they switch watches; then, the watch switching witches watch which watch you watch.
Watching witches watch watches is not for the faint of heart...
Last edited by Panini_aux_olives on Sep 13, 2014, 9:52:45 AM
"
Vipermagi wrote:
"
MortalKombat3 wrote:

Because Tempest Shield works that way, and it's the same Buff + invisible secondary effect setup. Generally, Quality and Supports are no different - they're all just modifiers to the Skill itself.

However, in-game testing shows it is added as part of the Buff, despite precedent otherwise. So there ya go :)
(oh no 2 GCP down :P )

Wow that's not what I would expect

On herald of ice, I qualitied up (2gcp)and see no change in my cold damage for my main attack. Is there inconsistency between the 2 heralds? Or was I being stupid..

Green_honey_boo_boo is my favourite south park character!

My Goddess Scorned crit ele cleave build @ 1076445

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info