[1.1] [1.2] [1.3] [2.0 RIP build]. Maawk Firetrapper

"
forzazx6 wrote:
"
Crystite wrote:
You should change some of these passives around. EE is extremely useful with Cold Snap. Pop down a fire trap and the initial explosion will cause res to fire, however then you cold snap and freeze everything on the screen (which then gets nuked by burning). Maybe drop the Blood Siphon nodes and some % health for it, it's worth it. Stun lock your way through entire maps.

I tried it, you can even see it in my video at the end, I think the problem I ran into was that if I cold snap first then nuke they shatter, maybe use cold to fire gem and keep cold snap at lvl 1, so you only CHILL the enemy never freeze to prolif ignite, but then you lose the stun ability so don't know.

In the end the longer the combo takes (throw trap, cast 2 curses, cast cold snap) the more you put yourself in danger

I used to use Fire->Cold->Fire for EE, worked pretty well - I just made sure to clear everything in front of me so I always had somewhere to run if need be.
- updated my beyond gear

- ADDED NEW SCREENSHOTS
This world is an illusion, exile!
Totems for life!
can u still used this build or is it outdated ? had a break for a couple of months :D
"
MacWrath wrote:
can u still used this build or is it outdated ? had a break for a couple of months :D

you can use, its updated for 1.2.0 beyond/rampage leagues.
Totems for life!
After forzazx6 post I reevaluated my Templar and dropping AA freed up a lot of space. I might even drop EB and run on a Mana Flask, I have already been doing that on half and no regen maps and I did not feel like I lost clear speed, since Trap charges seem to be the limit. Aura wise I am running Vitality and Determination.

The only thing that bothers me at the moment is the unused potential of the chest slots. I may use it for a super Summon Skeletons Totem setup. That is actually something that benefits the build quite a lot, I felt. I currently run on Spell Totem - Faster Casting - Summon Skelletons - Blind.

Build without EB
Build with EB(current)

Gear

this build has alot of weaknesses, lacks armour/evasion - can be oneshotted even by some rares.
"
Trevasotilo wrote:
this build has alot of weaknesses, lacks armour/evasion - can be oneshotted even by some rares.

the fact that the rare die before even taking agro, I do not know how your play style, but what you said I will disregard.
i was playing beyond league, got 4700hp at level 82, farming merciless dominus, killing all beyond invaders.
this 'lack' in arm / eva you referred is supplied by artic armor lv 20, and we almost take no damage at all because thing die to fast.

I'm having a lot of feedback about the build, If you have any problems please let me know
Totems for life!
"
Mawwk wrote:
"
Trevasotilo wrote:

the fact that the rare die before even taking agro, I do not know how your play style, but what you said I will disregard.
i was playing beyond league, got 4700hp at level 82, farming merciless dominus, killing all beyond invaders.
this 'lack' in arm / eva you referred is supplied by artic armor lv 20, and we almost take no damage at all because thing die to fast.

I'm having a lot of feedback about the build, If you have any problems please let me know

most trappers in HC leagues go for some kind of defences - and you have none.. your life is 183 at 116 points used which is terrible (if it wasn't terrible already because normal hits damage you for 1000+ hp everytime).

the usual MoM EB IR is lacking here... and arctic armor is only good for mitigating small hits.
if you oneshot everything 99% of the time - there will be time once when you are playing in a map when a rare mob will one hit you - and then you will learn the lesson of why some builds simply don't work in HC.

the only feedback you are getting is by softcore players or generally low level player 1-90 (considered low)

i wish you would be more open to suggestions and learn more by people with more knowledge then you and update this thread accordingly - by either removing "beyond" in title or updating the build accordingly...
"
Trevasotilo wrote:

most trappers in HC leagues go for some kind of defences - and you have none.. your life is 183 at 116 points used which is terrible (if it wasn't terrible already because normal hits damage you for 1000+ hp everytime).

the usual MoM EB IR is lacking here... and arctic armor is only good for mitigating small hits.
if you oneshot everything 99% of the time - there will be time once when you are playing in a map when a rare mob will one hit you - and then you will learn the lesson of why some builds simply don't work in HC.

the only feedback you are getting is by softcore players or generally low level player 1-90 (considered low)

i wish you would be more open to suggestions and learn more by people with more knowledge then you and update this thread accordingly - by either removing "beyond" in title or updating the build accordingly...

you are not even using my build by the way, if you do not like why did you come here to say something? your opinion does not matter to me.

'i wish you would be more open to suggestions and learn more by people with more knowledge then you and update this thread accordingly - Either by removing "beyond" in title or updating the build accordingly ...'

I'm sorry, but you have 5 characters on your account to be talking about something of wisdom for me, I did several tests for this build to be used beyond the league and AND WORKED VERY WELL, so I got 20k views very fast, every time someone sends me a message ingame thanking for the guide.
I feel sorry for you and as I said, I will disregard what you said here.
Totems for life!
"
Trevasotilo wrote:

I don't pretend to know everything about hardcore, I haven't played HC seriously since Nemesis, I think although you raise some valid points your'e a little off base here. Yes this build lacks some of the traditional defensive mechanisms of today's meta, but I feel easily allows for adoption of these and tips for doing so are discussed through out the thread, which I am going to assume you didn't read.

As to AA only being effective against small hits the same, to a certain extent, can be said about armour. Trekking down to IR would be an absolute waste and would do nothing for this build, IR is and will probably always be an overrated node.

To my second point, there are numerous posts in this thread providing criticism and feedback Mawk responds and comments on most of these, again actually reading the whole thread would have helped here.

"
Trevasotilo wrote:

i wish you would be more open to suggestions and learn more by people with more knowledge then you and update this thread accordingly

Your entire post history, when its not calling out softcore players for being scrubcore noobs, consists of you posting in build threads requesting trees and the like. If you are so knowledgeable build your own character and post your own guide. Until then try to be constructive in your feedback rather than glib and dismissive.
No matter the cost bitches, no matter the cost.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info