[1.1] [1.2] [1.3] [2.0 RIP build]. Maawk Firetrapper

"
Mawwk wrote:
"
YoeriGod wrote:
So, a little update.
This is on my templar playing on hardcore (not beyond), I was dead flat out of currency so I'm rolling without the uniques right now, currently using this wand:
which I'm actually pretty happy with.

At level 66, I'm able to slowly progress trough 66 maps and farm docks quite steadily, I need about 2 traps to kill trash mobs, which is easily doable while kiting. I'm going to keep farming for some currency and see if I can get a searing touch/carcassjack in soon, I don't have any problems with dex as of yet, even without the amulet, current trap tooltip damage is below:
Spoiler

you can try use something like this:

make the 4 link setup and make currency for the searing boy

Im quite liking the wand/shield setup at the moment, and the damage is not bad, but to one shot stuff I should get a ST I guess, I'm not a big fan of the staffs you linked, but I get the idea.
- beyond gear updated
This world is an illusion, exile!
Totems for life!

120fuses so far and my searing touch still 4 link goddamit.
Totems for life!
This is one of the most underrated builds currently, I'm able to carry 6man groups at ease.

I made a youtube clip if you want to add it to showcase the build:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oc2mpOlYjQQ

I couldn't record higher level maps because I don't have access to them (my group, we have 1 guy who has all the high maps and there's no point showing group kills imo)

this build gets insanely strong with 5L searing touch.

I tried many aura combinations and passives and realized the following:

1. you don't need arctic, most stuff that can kill you is offscreen SPELLS
2. you throw a trap and wait for stuff to die, might aswell grab another curse to speed up the process (I use windscream boots, they add +1 curse and some dmg).
3. you don't need Eldritch passive, since no arctic, you can use vitality + determination and self cap through gear to 75% all res, and still have enough mana regen.
4. since only spells kill you, you can try get inner force, alpha's howl helm and get to 84% all res with 3 auras (drop vitality), how? buy saffels frame shield (5c market price) throw a trap, switch to shield and gg you almost don't take ele dmg.

Summary:
Basically I feel like this build provides you better playstyle that you don't need all the defensive tools, since you can just hit & run, the only things that you need to worry about is ranged spells, literally nothing else can kill you if you're careful and aware of mob patterns.

My gear:

Also ofcourse my build variation is not suitable for HC, I talked to Maawk once (friendly guy btw) and I forgot hes playing on HC with this build while discussing build setups.
- new video added, thx to 'forzazx6', i loved this video.

- new screenshots coming soon(beyond league)
Totems for life!
I play with maawk since nemesis and this is the best build he ever builded , i'm even considering to make a similar trapper :P
"
sylks wrote:
I play with maawk since nemesis and this is the best build he ever builded , i'm even considering to make a similar trapper :P

Totems for life!
You should change some of these passives around. EE is extremely useful with Cold Snap. Pop down a fire trap and the initial explosion will cause res to fire, however then you cold snap and freeze everything on the screen (which then gets nuked by burning). Maybe drop the Blood Siphon nodes and some % health for it, it's worth it. Stun lock your way through entire maps.
"
Crystite wrote:
You should change some of these passives around. EE is extremely useful with Cold Snap. Pop down a fire trap and the initial explosion will cause res to fire, however then you cold snap and freeze everything on the screen (which then gets nuked by burning). Maybe drop the Blood Siphon nodes and some % health for it, it's worth it. Stun lock your way through entire maps.

I tried it, you can even see it in my video at the end, I think the problem I ran into was that if I cold snap first then nuke they shatter, maybe use cold to fire gem and keep cold snap at lvl 1, so you only CHILL the enemy never freeze to prolif ignite, but then you lose the stun ability so don't know.

In the end the longer the combo takes (throw trap, cast 2 curses, cast cold snap) the more you put yourself in danger

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info