[1.1] [1.2] [1.3] [2.0 RIP build]. Maawk Firetrapper

"
Vodkawater wrote:
Huge fan of this build. The past two season's I have ran Righteous Fire builds and this gives me the benefit of speed and seeing everything melt and burn without having to mindlessly run around in circles till things die.

I am currently uploading a video of me at 73 running a 69 Promenade map with Burning Ground and Rares having Nemesis mods. In the video I show that I am not running CWDT or anything of the sort, running Vit/Clarity/Discipline (and I actually forget to turn on Arctic Armor). The point of the video is simply a proof of point. I have 3100 health, max resists 4% armor, 21% evasion. I speed around the map and play pretty recklessly but once again it is to prove a point.

This is my gear..

pm me with the video link if you want, ill put on the guide as example, I'm not having much time to record a video
This world is an illusion, exile!
Totems for life!
Done and Done and Thank you for such an awesome guide ;)
vod how do u manage to run all 4 auras? i run vit clarity and dis and i have like 100 mana non resevered lol
"
vivimager wrote:
vod how do u manage to run all 4 auras? i run vit clarity and dis and i have like 100 mana non resevered lol

you have eldich battery? you have the atziri foible amulet? without these 2 thing you cant manage 3 auras
Totems for life!
"
Vodkawater wrote:
Done and Done and Thank you for such an awesome guide ;)

thx man, i'm glad to help everyone who are doing this build and thanks for the video, added on the guide.
Totems for life!
no i can manage 3 auras and aa but hes running vit clarity dis and hearld of ash not sure how he can run 4
Maawk, thanks for that build. I've got a lot of fun when i run through a map and throw one trap and set entire pack of monster on fire :) Thats super effective and also looks very nice =)

I've done 67 map with no problem at 65 level. Decided to skip The Docks farming and went straight to mapping. Because that build is so powerful and yet gives me decent survivability (cap resist, 3.2K hp and still growing)

Yesterday, when i turned 62 decided to make socket at Carcass Jack. With few jewelers orb in turn six slot O.o

What is more surprising, I 5-linked it with just 5 fuse ^.^

And then i thought "why not to try 5linked my Searing Touch?" And with 4 fuse

Sadly, its 39ilvl so cant get 6 socket)

Running auras at Carcass 'coz have no idea which skill should i put into that 5 link, then i will move auras to boots.)

Can someone give me a piece of advice how to use that five links effectively?

tl;dr - Thank you Maawk. And I want to share with someone who can understand me how incredible amount of luck I have had with that 5-linking.

Good luck for everyone, get as good drop as possible =)
ING: Leesaurk
Hey Maawks, just on your final build, a couple of changes I would suggest.

You take the life node near Blood Drinker (Shadow), but not the notable itself, likely because you don't get leech from Blood Drinker. Blood Drinker actually also gives 8% life, the node next to it that you have taken is 6%, so an extra 2% life.

I would also path through the Blood Drinker cluster rather than the Mind Drinker cluster, gives you an extra 10 dex instead of 10 int, and saves 2 points (the 2 mana points are better spent elsewhere, 2 nodes for 26% and +10flat max mana at Soul Siphon). The 10 dex could also be the difference to not needing that +30 dex node with your gear.

Instead of the damage over time nodes, I think it would be more worthwhile for straight Ele damage nodes. You could drop the 3 nodes at Entropy (45% DoT) and instead pick up the Elementalist node at Templar (12% ele +12int), and 2x 10% nodes at Shadow, for a total of +32% ele damage. Due to the double dipping of ele and ignite, you are looking at 32% on initial hit, which is also 32% to the ignite damage, but it also modifies the ignite damage again (so total of +32% increased initial, +64% total increased on the ignite)

Something like:
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUBAnEEBwSzBVsHHgdjCPQOSBGWEmkUTRZvFxwXLxhlGjgabB8CIbAkqiaVKU8qjS6UMjQ09zY9NsU22DbpOlg62DwFPV9FnUbXSRtJUUyzTdhSU1NSVUtVxlXWXcZd8l8qYeJirGTnakNrF2yMbRlwUXF5dm9-WX6wf8aApIIegpuDOIPbh2WLjIw2jHaQVZUglS6XhZeVl_Sa4J1jnaqdrp_fogCio6SxpwinhKyYr7e0xbUEuJO86sBUwfPLvdgk2FTa3dsL2-fhc-Nq44TkIuUZ5Y7r5Ovu7DjsVe0g73zwH_DV8Wz60g==
Last edited by DySeaL on Aug 28, 2014, 5:43:26 AM
"
Leesaurk wrote:
Maawk, thanks for that build. I've got a lot of fun when i run through a map and throw one trap and set entire pack of monster on fire :) Thats super effective and also looks very nice =)

I've done 67 map with no problem at 65 level. Decided to skip The Docks farming and went straight to mapping. Because that build is so powerful and yet gives me decent survivability (cap resist, 3.2K hp and still growing)

Yesterday, when i turned 62 decided to make socket at Carcass Jack. With few jewelers orb in turn six slot O.o

What is more surprising, I 5-linked it with just 5 fuse ^.^

And then i thought "why not to try 5linked my Searing Touch?" And with 4 fuse

Sadly, its 39ilvl so cant get 6 socket)

Running auras at Carcass 'coz have no idea which skill should i put into that 5 link, then i will move auras to boots.)

Can someone give me a piece of advice how to use that five links effectively?

tl;dr - Thank you Maawk. And I want to share with someone who can understand me how incredible amount of luck I have had with that 5-linking.

Good luck for everyone, get as good drop as possible =)

if you have free slots, make a setup for flame surge, this helps alot soloing bosses.

and gratz on carcass and searing
Totems for life!
"
Hey Maawks, just on your final build, a couple of changes I would suggest.

You take the life node near Blood Drinker (Shadow), but not the notable itself, likely because you don't get leech from Blood Drinker. Blood Drinker actually also gives 8% life, the node next to it that you have taken is 6%, so an extra 2% life.

I would also path through the Blood Drinker cluster rather than the Mind Drinker cluster, gives you an extra 10 dex instead of 10 int, and saves 2 points (the 2 mana points are better spent elsewhere, 2 nodes for 26% and +10flat max mana at Soul Siphon). The 10 dex could also be the difference to not needing that +30 dex node with your gear.

Instead of the damage over time nodes, I think it would be more worthwhile for straight Ele damage nodes. You could drop the 3 nodes at Entropy (45% DoT) and instead pick up the Elementalist node at Templar (12% ele +12int), and 2x 10% nodes at Shadow, for a total of +32% ele damage. Due to the double dipping of ele and ignite, you are looking at 32% on initial hit, which is also 32% to the ignite damage, but it also modifies the ignite damage again (so total of +32% increased initial, +64% total increased on the ignite)

Something like:
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUBAnEEBwSzBVsHHgdjCPQOSBGWEmkUTRZvFxwXLxhlGjgabB8CIbAkqiaVKU8qjS6UMjQ09zY9NsU22DbpOlg62DwFPV9FnUbXSRtJUUyzTdhSU1NSVUtVxlXWXcZd8l8qYeJirGTnakNrF2yMbRlwUXF5dm9-WX6wf8aApIIegpuDOIPbh2WLjIw2jHaQVZUglS6XhZeVl_Sa4J1jnaqdrp_fogCio6SxpwinhKyYr7e0xbUEuJO86sBUwfPLvdgk2FTa3dsL2-fhc-Nq44TkIuUZ5Y7r5Ovu7DjsVe0g73zwH_DV8Wz60g==

thanks for this tips, ill check later! working now :(
Totems for life!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info