[1.2] Crit LMP Tornado Shot Level 89 Build

This is my take on a LMP Tornado Shot build. Currently I'm level 89 in Rampage.

Tornado Shot is a powerful new bow skill in 1.2. I had originally set out to make a crit Split Arrow build when I started this league. When I finally got a hold of Tornado Shot and LMP I immediately converted.

Skills

My Primary skill is:
Tornado Shot + LMP + Physical Projectile Attack Damage + Increased Critical Damage + Weapon Elemental Damage

For a 6th Link I generally run Item Rarity, but for pure dps use Faster Attacks.

There are many combinations of support gems that work well with Tornado Shot. This set up works best for my specific build. If say you were not using an Asphyxia's Wrath, you would probably use Added Fire over Weapon Elemental Damage. If you're dying to physical reflect all the time you would swap out Physical Projectile Damage for Faster Attacks. Before you get Assassin's Mark leveled up you should use Power Charge on Crit. I suggest leveling many support gems and playing around with your setup as often as you need.

This is supplemented by Hatred + Herald of Ice + Herald of Ash. I swap Grace for Hatred when doing higher level maps. I started running into problems around lv 74 maps. by this point your damage shoud be high enough that dropping Hatred will not really matter. If you have really high evasion or a Lightning Coil, you probably will not need to make this switch.

The synergy with a crit build is really good. Hatred and Herald of Ice freeze enemies on crit. When you kill the frozen enemies they shatter giving AOE damage.

Herald of Ash gives, not only a 15% damage boost based on your physical damage, it ignites enemies for your overkill damage. So when your crit a mob that already has low health, that damage is transferred to surrounding mobs.

Tornado Shot's initial projectile will not shotgun. However, the tornado part will. Using LMP not only gives better AOE coverage, it has the potential to hit any given mop up to four times. Because of this, I rarely need any other skill to deal with high health enemies such as rares and bosses. The trick is to aim right behind the enemy you want to hit with the most projectiles.

In case I need to put out a bit more single target damage, I use:
Puncture + Physical Projectile Attack Damage + Faster Attacks + Increased Critical Damage + Added Fire. Just puncture a dangerous boss and kite around the screen until they die.

Finally, I use Split Arrow + Chain + Curse on Hit + Assassin's Mark. 100% Curse on Hit is amazing. I can do some damage to enemies and curse them at the same time. Assasin's mark not only give increased crit chance and damage, it gives health and mana on kill.

As far as using GMP and/or Chain on Tornado Shot. This would be a good combination given the tornado's ability to shotgun. This build doesn't have the mana regen and leech to sustain it. If you want to use this, I would grab Revelry so you can get mana on hit and kill.

Assassin's Mark causes mobs to take "more" critical damage. In POE "more" is a multiplier. I currently have a 596% crit multiplier. With Assassin's Mark I have:

596+596(.38)= 822.48% Crit Multiplier.

This is enhanced even more by a leveled quality Curse on Hit which gives me 18% increased effectiveness for my curse.

Pictures of Offence Stats upcoming

Defense

This is an evasion build. I use the Ondar's Guile, Acrobatics, and Phase Acrobatics Keystones.

I tend to play builds without a lot of life. I currently have a life-pool of 2908. This is supplemented with two Divine Seething Flasks. Basically when I take a hit I instantly pop a flask. I also have 2% leech from the skill-tree.

This is a dangerous way to play. I would recommend getting more life and possibly Iron Reflexes for a HC build.

I also have a ton of move-speed. I have 30 move-speed on my boots, and another 34 from the tree for a total of 64% increased move speed. This is important for kiting and running out of dangerous situations.

For harder maps, I swap out Hatred for Grace.

Most importantly I run a standard:
Cast when Damage Taken + Enduring Cry + Immortal Call + Increased Duration setup.

Picture of Defensive Stats upcoming

Current Gear

60 Point Skill Tree
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgIBAF4FtQguCpsZjjB8MpQ2PUp9UUdW-mKsZ6BsjG1sd9d4638CfyuHdo2_lQWbjZ2qpuCnNK_rtMW1SMCcwuzTftQj1orZxuOE5wrtg-96_MU=

Atziri

This build is Atziri capeable, but you will probably die in the process. Do not attempt until after you reach a fresh level.

The hardest fight is Double Vaal. His Chain lightning balls will destroy you in under a second. If you cannot run around them try to run straight through while hitting your life flasks. Use Puncture for sustained damage, and be careful to work them both down at the same time.

The trio of bosses is the easiest part once you get the order. You want to kill the one the hangs in the middle first, because she doesn't move a lot so puncture is not as useful. Once she's powered up from the other two dieing, she is difficult to kill. Leave the cycloner for last, as he's easiest to dodge.

Atziri is all about knowing the fight, and how to move. This build moves quickly, which is very useful. However, this build doesn't have a lot of life. Most of Atziri's attacks will one-shot you almost every time. You have to learn to play perfectly. Mistakes will absolutely kill your character. Sometimes you will get lucky and she will only hit for 99% of your life.

Thoughts on Possible Uniques for This Build

I copied this from my response in the comments.

Lightning Coil- Since this is a pure evasion build we have no way to mitigate physical damage except avoidance. With this 40% of physical damage will be converted to lightning damage. With regular capped resists that works out to a flat 30% reduction in phys damage. Throw in a level 20 Purity of Lightning and it's 31.6% reduction.

Doryani's Invitation (Phys)- Just a great belt for phys builds with leech and tri-resists

Doedre's Damning- With this and a spare 5 or 6-Link you could dual curse. I currently run Assasin's Mark with Curse on Hit, but if I used this I would probably add either Punishment or Projectile Weakness.

Asphyxia's Wrath (With a +1 Arrow corruption)- I don't know the chances of this mod rolling, but it took me 16 quivers to get. The extra arrow gives better shotgunning potential. The phys to cold conversion also protects against phys reflect, and attack speed is always nice. The increased chance to freeze and chill duration have been unimportant. The curse radius reduction is moot since I use Curse on Hit, and dead mobs transferring the curse is a nice benefit.

Drillneck- My original plan was to use this quiver. Increased evasion, life, flat phys and attack speed make this a good quiver. With the increased damage based on pierce chance, it is easy to get 100% increased damage. With this quiver you should test out which gem to replace with the pierce gem.

Atziri's Step- Life move speed and good evasion. Additional chance to avoid spell damage is always welcome.

Atziri's Acuity- The unobtainable dream of most every crit build. Instant leech on crit is a very powerful mechanic

Maligaro's Virtuosity- Attack Speed, crit chance, and crit multi all in one pair of gloves. I'm using these currently and they are great for this build.

Shadows and Dust- If you're playing Rampage League and are good at keeping up your kill streaks, I imagine these could be very powerful.

Alpha's Howl- This was discussed in this thread already. I don't know if the Herald's will benefit from the +2 Aura level, but you still get good evasion, one resist, and freeze immunity along with the reduced mana reserved, which wil work with the Herald's.

Rat's Nest- A great helm for a crit build. You get attack speed, evasion, a huge boost to magic find, move speed, and who doesn't like to be smaller.

Lioneye's Glare- ***Spec out of Acrobatics and into Iron Reflexes if you want to use this.*** The low crit chance is made up for by the cannot be evaded affix. However, this also means you cannot evade reflect.

Many of these items will work well together, but if you use more than two or three you will start to have a difficult time covering your resists with your remaining gear. Top rolled tri resist gear is, in most cases, more expensive than any of these uniques. So plan accordingly. I am using Maligaro's Virtuosity and while a Rat's Nest would be nice and I can afford one, I currently cannot afford to replace the rest of my equipment to cover the resists I loose from my helmet. Similarly, it is entirely possible to use a Lightning Coil and several other uniques and cover your resists without Purity of Lightning but it won't be cheap.

So prioritize what you can afford, and what works well together.
Last edited by TeppinWHite on Oct 8, 2014, 3:48:02 PM
Updated with current build so far
Thanks for keeping the build updated, looks good. Im trying this one, just lvl 15 tho. =p
Updated to my current level 82 build
Nice build, I would like to try it with split arrow instead of tornado. I currently have a unique death bow, how do u think is it gonna work out? And another question is it enough for you 31% evasion to deal with reflect maps?
"
shkureonak wrote:
Nice build, I would like to try it with split arrow instead of tornado. I currently have a unique death bow, how do u think is it gonna work out? And another question is it enough for you 31% evasion to deal with reflect maps?

Death's Harp is probably less than ideal for split arrow once you can get a better bow, because 1 extra arrow when you're already shooting multiple arrows isn't much of a benefit. This build was originally meant for split arrow, but after experimenting with tornado shot I found I liked it better. Split arrow will work just fine. Swap out LMP with Pierce and you'll be set.

Someone also gave me a good idea to use tornado shot with Death's Harp and a corrupted +1 Arrow quiver so I could drop LMP for Physical Projectile Attack Damage. It's a good set up. Since you already have the bow you may want to check it out.

Edit: Forgot to address reflect. I've been avoiding Phys Reflect maps altogether. They are possible if you are careful. Swap out Hatred for Grace and use an Asphyxia's Wrath or Blackgleam to convert some of your phys damage to elemental. It's also why I use two instant flasks to instantly heal if I fire into a reflect pack. Finally, you can use puncture so you're only hitting a couple of mobs at a time, or take out Increased Crit Damage.
Last edited by TeppinWHite on Aug 26, 2014, 12:32:36 PM
Thx for answers! it helped me a lot!
Added 80 Point Tree
a bit new on the ranger class but which bandits you choose?
no queen rules forever, my daughter
"
Lugzan1 wrote:
a bit new on the ranger class but which bandits you choose?

Oak, Oak, Alira i assume.
ʕ•̫͡•ʕ*̫͡*ʕ•͓͡•ʔ-̫͡-ʕ•̫͡•ʔ*̫͡*ʔ

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info