[1.2] Crit LMP Tornado Shot Level 89 Build

"
Reloads wrote:
Currently doing this build what are some end-game items that I can strive for? like items that cost a bit but that way I have a goal? seems it all just rare items or maybe like a drillneck?

I actually included this in my first build but failed to put it back in. So, here are my thoughts on possible Uniques that would work with this build.

Lightning Coil- Since this is a pure evasion build we have no way to mitigate physical damage except avoidance. With this 40% of physical damage will be converted to lightning damage. With regular capped resists that works out to a flat 30% reduction in phys damage. Throw in a level 20 Purity of Lightning and it's 31.6% reduction.

Doryani's Invitation (Phys)- Just a great belt for phys builds with leech and tri-resists

Doedre's Damning- With this and a spare 5 or 6-Link you could dual curse. I currently run Assasin's Mark with Curse on Hit, but if I used this I would probably add either Punishment or Projectile Weakness.

Asphyxia's Wrath (With a +1 Arrow corruption)- I don't know the chances of this mod rolling, but it took me 16 quivers to get. The extra arrow gives better shotgunning potential. The phys to cold conversion also protects against phys reflect, and attack speed is always nice. The increased chance to freeze and chill duration have been unimportant. The curse radius reduction is moot since I use Curse on Hit, and dead mobs transferring the curse is a nice benefit.

Drillneck- My original plan was to use this quiver. Increased evasion, life, flat phys and attack speed make this a good quiver. With the increased damage based on pierce chance, it is easy to get 100% increased damage. With this quiver you should test out which gem to replace with the pierce gem.

Atziri's Step- Life move speed and good evasion. Additional chance to avoid spell damage is always welcome.

Atziri's Acuity- The unobtainable dream of most every crit build. Instant leech on crit is a very powerful mechanic

Maligaro's Virtuosity- Attack Speed, crit chance, and crit multi all in one pair of gloves. I'm using these currently and they are great for this build.

Shadows and Dust- If you're playing Rampage League and are good at keeping up your kill streaks, I imagine these could be very powerful.

Alpha's Howl- This was discussed in this thread already. I don't know if the Herald's will benefit from the +2 Aura level, but you still get good evasion, one resist, and freeze immunity along with the reduced mana reserved, which wil work with the Herald's.

Rat's Nest- A great helm for a crit build. You get attack speed, evasion, a huge boost to magic find, move speed, and who doesn't like to be smaller.

Lioneye's Glare- ***Spec out of Acrobatics and into Iron Reflexes if you want to use this.*** The low crit chance is made up for by the cannot be evaded affix. However, this also means you cannot evade reflect.

Many of these items will work well together, but if you use more than two or three you will start to have a difficult time covering your resists with your remaining gear. Top rolled tri resist gear is, in most cases, more expensive than any of these uniques. So plan accordingly. I am using Maligaro's Virtuosity and while a Rat's Nest would be nice and I can afford one, I currently cannot afford to replace the rest of my equipment to cover the resists I loose from my helmet. Similarly, it is entirely possible to use a Lightning Coil and several other uniques and cover your resists without Purity of Lightning but it won't be cheap.

So prioritize what you can afford, and what works well together.
"
TeppinWHite wrote:

This is an awesome guide you developed there. I was doing something very similar and wanted to post it, but I will just add my 2 cents here :D

I'm using Infractem for leveling, that helps incredibly since you don't need the Pierce gem (I still level it for the Harbinger) and Revelry, because you can then support GMP in a 5L. The kill speed in Lunaris and early maps is insane. I also went for more defenses (used to play HC before) but seeing your version with 500% crit multi is very impressive.

Here's my approach: http://youtu.be/-3LyBLldOms

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgIAm40ILu2DGY4AXtN-73oknX117g5iWv66Vvq74_zFd9fEomeg3Q1_KznU3BWHdluvLOmQCjB81opv8qfUSn0hdhjbFSCNfVFHoJ_-yIbO5LEi4ipNI_aVBY2_wTND50fiPyd9W02SCIkFtTnd0IFKyKxHmvHC7NQjpDluqlFMXWgqWwzyMHG18spKyql59qXL3ag1ksM6b55DNm1sS3j-j9i9SwqDCfGzUuy1SDpCTeOpNEtXBiOmV2EGwOMfQTGet9kDHha_aowmlfVvYeLIFFVLotmMNrDYAv7fhA==
### r4wb1rd ###
Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/r4wb1rd
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/r4wb1rdGaming/
Babel PoE: https://github.com/rowolff/babel-poe/releases
Last edited by r4wb1rd on Aug 28, 2014, 3:37:58 PM
"

This is an awesome guide you developed there. I was doing something very similar and wanted to post it, but I will just add my 2 cents here :D

I'm using Infractem for leveling, that helps incredibly since you don't need the Pierce gem (I still level it for the Harbinger) and Revelry, because you can then support GMP in a 5L. The kill speed in Lunaris and early maps is insane. I also went for more defenses (used to play HC before) but seeing your version with 500% crit multi is very impressive.

Oh man, if that's the softcore build, mine must be the suicide bomber build. I tend to not play very tanky builds and would never take a build like mine into hardcore. I was thinking about the Infractem Bow while leveling. I ended up deciding against it simply because I need life leech to stay alive. I don't think I broke 3k health until level 80. Despite my low health, and with the help of two seething divine life flasks, I do pretty well. I have a 5-Link Lioneye's on Standard and am considering doing a non crit Iron Reflexes variation with Tornado Shot to see how that works. There is a loy of bow damage to be had on the tree.

I've found if you can get your crit chance high enough, the best thing to add is multi, since it increases everything. I'm pretty much tapped out though until I can 20 quality all my gems.

Tora sold me today. DPS went from 2,7k up to 3,4k (LMP) even while losing 10% crit (from 50,2% down to 40,1%) with both Heralds.
Make
Spectral Throw
great again
Last edited by CommodoX on Aug 28, 2014, 7:27:48 PM
-------------- REDRACTED
Last edited by Reloads on Aug 29, 2014, 12:14:26 AM
Nice guide, I think I'm going to use a slight different tree to shoot for for my rampage ranger:

https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgIAAF4DHgW1BiMILha_GYoZjhqPH0EhdiLqI_Yk_SaVKgsqWzBxMHwx-jKUNj051DpCOrNKfUt4TZJRR1LsVUtW-luvYeJirGegbIxtbG_ycFJxoXb3d9d9dX8CfyuCXobOh3aMNo19jb-PT5UFm42btZ2qoJ-m4Kc0qKKq-K_rsTC0xbUItUjAnMEzwdjC7NN-1CPWitnG3Q3dqOOE51To1usU7YPz6vba-wn8xf66_95jQw5IxKK74_7Ip9TcFaGk4dubJgX5z3qyGTIB

Basically a lot more non crit damage instead of grabbing harrier and the extra crit chance near it.
"
Tamale wrote:
Nice guide, I think I'm going to use a slight different tree to shoot for for my rampage ranger:

https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgIAAF4DHgW1BiMILha_GYoZjhqPH0EhdiLqI_Yk_SaVKgsqWzBxMHwx-jKUNj051DpCOrNKfUt4TZJRR1LsVUtW-luvYeJirGegbIxtbG_ycFJxoXb3d9d9dX8CfyuCXobOh3aMNo19jb-PT5UFm42btZ2qoJ-m4Kc0qKKq-K_rsTC0xbUItUjAnMEzwdjC7NN-1CPWitnG3Q3dqOOE51To1usU7YPz6vba-wn8xf66_95jQw5IxKK74_7Ip9TcFaGk4dubJgX5z3qyGTIB

Basically a lot more non crit damage instead of grabbing harrier and the extra crit chance near it.

Looks really solid. I spent a lot of time trying to cut out all the passives I wanted to take. There are so many great passive points on this side of the tree that I want to take them all.

I haven't updated my tree, but I dropped the fifth power charge, because I just didn't really need it. This means your build will only have 30% less crit chance, which will be barely noticeable.

It will probably be easier to level with your build as you get damage sooner than mine. However you get life later. With the 12 points per level now I don't think that will be a problem.
Just a silly question: Did you name your char after the Terry Pratchett book?
"
nogglebeak wrote:
Just a silly question: Did you name your char after the Terry Pratchett book?

Yes, in fact I did.
What would be some good rings/necklaces for this build? Le Heup of All? Gifts From Above? Carnage Heart? or is there any alternatives.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info