[1.2] Crit LMP Tornado Shot Level 89 Build

"
Frustrate wrote:
What would be some good rings/necklaces for this build? Le Heup of All? Gifts From Above? Carnage Heart? or is there any alternatives.

Nothing really sticks out to me. I'm using my jewelry to cover resists, add some crit chance, extra accuracy, and flat damage. The new Pyre ring might be fun to convert your cold from hatred and Herald of Ice to fire damage, but since this build is not really specced to make use of burning damage or proliferation, the extra burning damage it provides is minimal. Plenty of unique rings/ammys would work with this build, but I don't really see any of them being BIS. Ideally getting crit chance, crit multi, accuracy, and flat phys damage will boost your dps the most followed by fat elemental damage. Percent increased evasion is also nice. Most important is covering your resists. I'm currently using Rat's Nest, Maligaro's Virtuosity, and Asphyxia's Wrath. Only one of those gives any resist leaving me to make up the rest with only a few pieces of equipment.
"
TeppinWHite wrote:
"
Frustrate wrote:
What would be some good rings/necklaces for this build? Le Heup of All? Gifts From Above? Carnage Heart? or is there any alternatives.

Nothing really sticks out to me. I'm using my jewelry to cover resists, add some crit chance, extra accuracy, and flat damage. The new Pyre ring might be fun to convert your cold from hatred and Herald of Ice to fire damage, but since this build is not really specced to make use of burning damage or proliferation, the extra burning damage it provides is minimal. Plenty of unique rings/ammys would work with this build, but I don't really see any of them being BIS. Ideally getting crit chance, crit multi, accuracy, and flat phys damage will boost your dps the most followed by fat elemental damage. Percent increased evasion is also nice. Most important is covering your resists. I'm currently using Rat's Nest, Maligaro's Virtuosity, and Asphyxia's Wrath. Only one of those gives any resist leaving me to make up the rest with only a few pieces of equipment.

Ah I see, I'm currently using Lioneye's Glare, Alpha's Howl, Hyrri's Ire, Asphyxia's Wrath, and a physical version of the Doryani's Invitation, and to be honest, I'm not sure if that's good or what.
Last edited by Frustrate on Sep 10, 2014, 8:19:49 PM
"
Frustrate wrote:

Ah I see, I'm currently using Lioneye's Glare, Alpha's Howl, Hyrri's Ire, Asphyxia's Wrath, and a physical version of the Doryani's Invitation, and to be honest, I'm not sure if that's good or what.

Those are all pretty decent, but not all of them will bring this build to its full potential. I got a hold of an Alpha's and it was no where near as good as my Rat's Nest. The problem being the two Herald's are buffs not auras. I also tried Grace + Hatred + Herald of Ash + Reduced Mana, but it left me with only enough mana to fire one shot. Since leech is not instant it doesn't work without another reduced mana passive.

Lioneye's Glare is a solid bow but it's drawbacks are a bit rough. You can't evade your own reflect damage, and the crit chance is only 5%. It's usable with extra crit chance on gear, but it is very dangerous to blindly shoot into packs without checking for reflect first. Reflect maps are basically out of the question. It may be wise to put in a Life gain on Hit gem to counteract this problem.

Hyrri's Ire looks solid. I thought about it, but it seemed like a waste to get acrobatics from gear and on the tree. If it works for you then great.

I'm a little jealous of your doryani's. You've reminded me to check prices on those.
"
TeppinWHite wrote:
"
Frustrate wrote:

Those are all pretty decent, but not all of them will bring this build to its full potential. I got a hold of an Alpha's and it was no where near as good as my Rat's Nest. The problem being the two Herald's are buffs not auras. I also tried Grace + Hatred + Herald of Ash + Reduced Mana, but it left me with only enough mana to fire one shot. Since leech is not instant it doesn't work without another reduced mana passive.

Lioneye's Glare is a solid bow but it's drawbacks are a bit rough. You can't evade your own reflect damage, and the crit chance is only 5%. It's usable with extra crit chance on gear, but it is very dangerous to blindly shoot into packs without checking for reflect first. Reflect maps are basically out of the question. It may be wise to put in a Life gain on Hit gem to counteract this problem.

Hyrri's Ire looks solid. I thought about it, but it seemed like a waste to get acrobatics from gear and on the tree. If it works for you then great.

I'm a little jealous of your doryani's. You've reminded me to check prices on those.

The 8% reduced mana reserve wasn't enough, huh? hahaha.

Ah, your Reflect comments makes so much sense now. I was wondering why I was not able to evade the shots that were reflected back at me, it never occurred to me that Lioneye's had that effect. What would be another good alternative bow? Infractem? or maybe if I get lucky finding a really good Rare bow.

I was looking at Carcass Jack before getting an Ire, but it looked ugly on the character model.

I've got my Doryani's for 1.5 EX surprisely.
"
Frustrate wrote:

The 8% reduced mana reserve wasn't enough, huh? hahaha.

Ah, your Reflect comments makes so much sense now. I was wondering why I was not able to evade the shots that were reflected back at me, it never occurred to me that Lioneye's had that effect. What would be another good alternative bow? Infractem? or maybe if I get lucky finding a really good Rare bow.

I was looking at Carcass Jack before getting an Ire, but it looked ugly on the character model.

I've got my Doryani's for 1.5 EX surprisely.

I've heard of a lot of builds using Infractem. Paired with a Drillneck it is really good. The base damage is decent, but you can do much better with a rare bow. If you can afford it search xyz for bows with 8% base crit or higher and at least 250 pdps. I have 8.9% base crit and my pdps is a bit lower, but I'm getting about 15k tooltip dps on tornado shot in a 5 link (running Item Rarity in my 6th Socket). I just 20 qualitied most of my gems so many of them are around level 14-15. You can do well with just a decent bow.

If you can run mid to high level maps (I'm not an experienced crafter but probably at least 72's), you can craft yourself a decent bow with the masters. Look for Harbinger Bows with 45-50 increased crit chance implicets. Alt/Aug until you get a good combo like a high flat phys or phys % and crit chance, crit multi, or attack speed. You don't need top tier, but the higher the better. I would aim for numbers higher than you can craft with a master. Then use a regal. The regal will probably suck unless you're really lucky. Then craft either phys % or flat phys depending on what you didn't get with the alt/aug. This should get you at least a 7.3% crit chance 220 pdps bow.
finally updated
Updated Gear.

I bought a white 6L chest piece and chaos spammed it until decent. Since I lost my life roll on my chest piece, I purchased some new gear to increase my life and damage. I also respecced out of the pierce nodes on the tree and put them to life, evasion, and strength. The current tree does not reflect this change yet.
Just wanted to let you know that you gave us a 40 Point Build and a 60 Point Build. Not a 60/80. I will definitely be trying this out in the new leagues. Could we also get a screenshot of your stats in-game?
Warband: IGN: Benko
Last edited by Yuufe on Nov 25, 2014, 9:15:30 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info