[1.2] KuteKitteh’s Tanky Arcer, 20k+ Effective DPS, Atziri/HC-viable. Poor-man’s BM Arc included

I'm currently running this spec and enjoying it. Do you guys think its not worth the time to run totem-arc in this build? I'm currently running it and it shocks well, but its survivability is a problem. I'm curious what your thoughts are with incinerate vs. ball lightning for end game single target. I'll be running Cybil's & BM for the foreseeable future, so I need a fast hitting skill for single target. I haven't really used ball lightning yet, but I'm thinking I may like the range and mobility of it more then incinerate spamming. Does incinerate do much more damage to warrant losing mobility and range? I also feel you get penalized anytime your forced to move and recast it. What curse you guys running solo end game? It is warlords mark mostly? Thanks for your time.
"
Disgeae wrote:
Thanks for this build!
First of all I want to thank KuteKitteh for this amazing build, I would recommend everyone to play this build because it has a really high survive-ability in Heroic but is as well amazingly fun to play.
TL:DR version
This build brought me the most fun I ever had in this game, simply because it's easy to play if you play it the right way and as mentioned - it's even hard to die with it. You do really good damage, even though you mostly spec in block and chaos damage etc. is barely noticeable. Just certain mobs to be aware off.

Excellent post Disgeae, I agree with everything said. This is by far the most fun I have had with a build across 3 leagues I've played POE (softcore league only).

I'm almost 91 with this spec but taking a break for a bit to try out a tanky incinerate build...which thus far doesn't hold a candle to KuteKitteh's build.

To all the lurkers, this Tanky Arcer Dual-Curse build is legit. Good for either league. It will be my first build starting next league without a doublt. So I really hope KuteKitteh keeps it up to date when the skill tree changes <hint hint>.
"You think logoutcore makes you better....." - ShaeG
Completely forgot why I came to this thread after seeing the post by Disgeae...

Is anyone else pumped to see how the Herald of Thunder skill may buff this build??? I'am, if it isn't a direct DPS buff for arc/lightning builds I will cry.
"You think logoutcore makes you better....." - ShaeG
Last edited by Taiberius on Oct 15, 2014, 10:06:33 PM
"
Taiberius wrote:
Completely forgot why I came to this thread after seeing the post by Disgeae...

Is anyone else pumped to see how the Herald of Thunder skill may buff this build??? I'am, if it isn't a direct DPS buff for arc/lightning builds I will cry.

Looking at the dev screenshot, I highly suspect it's gonna be some kind of RNG-based proc. If not, having lightning strike from the sky for 6/7 targets per cast of Arc is probably going to wreak havoc on FPS. I don't even want to know how it's gonna go when a person throws a HoT-BL into the Jungle Valley boss room packs lol.
@Vyvanne,
Some people will prefer to manually cast EC and IC. I've seen spellecho + max EC and IC work very well, only problem is the build doesn't have any endurance charges. I would take MoM around level 60-70, that's when you should start solidifying your end-game gear. Wait until you get the Rathpith though, that thing adds a ton to mana.

@Disgeae,
Thanks for the great feedback!

@The_Lurch,
It's not worth it in any case. I even tried to incorporate it into my Lightning Coil Hypertank and it was a total waste of points.

@Giant99,
Ball Lightning cannot inflict multiple hits on the same cast. Therefore, Incinerate's single-target DPS is way better. Also, totem survivability is really bad, I would recommend a qualitied flame totem if you can get your hands on one.

@Taiberius,
As long as I still have time to play PoE when the skill tree changes, I will definitely try to update it. Also, Herald of Thunder will be really snazzy with this build because HoT + HoI will doubtlessly give a greater DPS boost than Haste while reserving only 50%.

[2.2] KuteKitteh's CI EA Regen Tank - Durable w/10k ES, instant clear, EZ-Atziri, affordable!: /1625757
Thanks for the reply. I will steer clear of Iron Reflexes then.
IGN: The_Lurch
Quick question. I've never used the Cloak of Defiance before. Does it stack with Mind over Matter? And is having both the item and the passive a good idea or overkill? Thanks in advance!
"
Slugmed wrote:
Quick question. I've never used the Cloak of Defiance before. Does it stack with Mind over Matter? And is having both the item and the passive a good idea or overkill? Thanks in advance!

Hi, it doesn't stack. So getting both is a complete waste of passive points or currency.

Just as a FYI, anytime there is a Keystone mod in an item, it never stacks with the Keystone passive in the skill tree. So for e.g., having Acrobatics passive skill as well as Hyrri's Ire is completely redundant.

This is why the CoD item description lists both "Mind over Matter" and the additional "10% of damage is taken from mana" mods. If CoD merely put "40% of damage is taken from mana" it would stack with MoM for 70% total, which is wayyyyyyyyyyy OP.

A different scenario is exemplified by Chin Sol, where "100% More Bow Damage at Close Range" is similar, but not identical, to Point Blank passive. Getting both would be a whopping +150% More Bow Damage at Close Range.
"
GGG_Neon wrote:
Added a new Intelligence skill - Herald of Thunder: Channel lightning through your hands, adding lightning damage to spells and attacks. If you kill a shocked enemy, lightning bolts will strike enemies around you for a short duration. Herald of Thunder is first available to the Witch, Templar, Shadow and Scion from the Lost in Love quest in Act 3, normal difficulty.

What joy!
Last edited by consca on Oct 20, 2014, 10:55:52 PM
currently leveling this bad boy on rampage and so far everithing is good... i'm going straight whit the EB/mana versionand no problem so far.

i'm using both heralds (ice and thunder) and the damage is real, but i will try out haste here and there (dex is a real issue though) but is amazing... i'm saving for my rathpith and something whit +1curse (im thinking on the windscreams, +1 curse lazhwar are expensive and rampage trading is the most weird thing i have seen in my 2 years of poe)

fun as hell and safe to play, a real joy of build

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info