[1.2] KuteKitteh’s Tanky Arcer, 20k+ Effective DPS, Atziri/HC-viable. Poor-man’s BM Arc included

Regardless of what the absolute value of the numbers turn out to be, I'm having a tough time beating the damage of a dual-curse-on-hit set up with a conventional support-gem set up.

Specifically, it seems that Arc -> Spell Echo -> CoH -> Conductivity -> Ele. Weakness beats any other 5L Arc set up that I can think of. This assumes level 20 gems and remains true at all levels of enemy resistances (0-100%). Also, it does not factor in any +effect to curse nodes but does factor in the 9% +effect to curses from a level 20 CoH gem.

For my money, it seems that dual-curse-on-hit is the way to go for dps, but I'd be interested to know if others have found otherwise.
I just dont see what you'd do when hit by atziri 25% of the time. Her lighting calls/flameblasts hit for 30K in regular and 60K in uber.

Reduce by 75% resitance is still like 7500 HP gone from player in standard. 15,000 in uber. One shotting us. I guess just dont get hit?

Please show atziri video of you not blocking a flameblast or lighting call from her.

When I ran her nothing less than 97% lightning under flask could survive them
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UiVFnBniuK8&list=UUfr_OnbD7g8uPk0s_mjzZLQ

I am trying to make a new build now that our max reisits were nerfed by 4% Now with "only" 93% resistance (under flask) I get killed to all those storm calls. I'm just wondering how any of these max blockers deal with it when actually hit? Since you're here SlightRedeye that question is for you too. I never did see your maxblock uber incinerate vid... Is it because when hit, not blocked, it's curtains?

Appreciate any input.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Aug 22, 2014, 12:47:16 AM
Looks like a very solid setup, going to have to give this a try. Thanks for the in-depth write up looking forward to see the updates!
Hello i wanted to ask you is this build apply to a new poe player ? or i should be experienced to try this build?.
I tried fireball build but damn it sucks ;/ Want something els to try it out
Just switched to your build. I was following foxtactics. Spent a shit ton of regrets.

Got to Labyrinth boss (72 map) Regular blue mod (magic monsters) Boss raped the shit out of me.

... whatever. Can you show a video of you doing that boss please?

Thanks

(Trying to figure out what I need to do, I have the same exact character stats as you but I'm using a moonsorrow atm, trying to get the doryan sceptre)

I just feel like depressed in real life now because I just feel like shit losing 10% exp, I was hyped going into your guide... awww fml
"Good thing they nerfed the carto, it wasn't fun to find one in every map." - Haborym
Last edited by monkuar on Aug 22, 2014, 6:15:58 AM
"
monkuar wrote:
Just switched to your build. I was following foxtactics. Spent a shit ton of regrets.

Got to Labyrinth boss (72 map) Regular blue mod (magic monsters) Boss raped the shit out of me.

Thanks

(Trying to figure out what I need to do, I have the same exact character stats as you but I'm using a moonsorrow atm, trying to get the doryan sceptre)

I just feel like depressed in real life now because I just feel like shit losing 10% exp, I was hyped going into your guide... awww fml

EZPK
"
SlightRedeye wrote:
I like the build a lot, it resembles my 1.1.0 Incinerate build that used tempest shield which was a lot of fun.

I don't know if I agree with your damage claims and numbers though, you say that you abhor fake dps but you then go on to over explain yourself as to why 20k~ is your effective damage. In reality, your damage is 10k~ with dual curse. Fair enough, the people who understand what that means should know that it is a considerable amount. But, you then go on to create a number which makes no sense to me, 20k~ dps is entirely subjective since you even go on to talk about resistances. Dual cursing is fine, but trying to work out the mathematics behind it is not going to work when you are not dealing with a static value when you curse a monster.

I'm not trying to come across as hateful or trying to spite you in any way, it just seems like you went ahead and made the same mistake which you said you dislike to see; inflated dps. The guide is well written regardless and you did a good job with creating the build. I have a similar guide which instead uses Ondar's Guile and blinding to deal with spears, you could also add an Immortal Call setup to the guide, 4 charges and a 3L 20/20 IC with enhance is 8 seconds. That makes the trio much smoother. Good luck. :)
I do run IC, it gives me immunity versus the ranged and dual-wield bosses in atziri runs. I just feel that 3 charges on a small cwdt is enough, since I don't die at the trio anyways. If I actually died there I would consider beefing up defenses.

Ondar's + Grace + Blind does sound like a good solution, and I see a lot of people run that for the trio. I just like Unwavering Stance a little too much to respec out of that.

Anyways, the DPS claim I put might seem far fetched, but I can say that my clear times are equal or faster than when I ran RF Arcer. Yellows melt very, very fast and shock is very frequently applied. The DPS just feels very high with the resistance shredding.
[2.2] KuteKitteh's CI EA Regen Tank - Durable w/10k ES, instant clear, EZ-Atziri, affordable!: /1625757
Last edited by KuteKitteh on Aug 22, 2014, 10:44:45 AM
"
thewrongthing wrote:
Regardless of what the absolute value of the numbers turn out to be, I'm having a tough time beating the damage of a dual-curse-on-hit set up with a conventional support-gem set up.

Specifically, it seems that Arc -> Spell Echo -> CoH -> Conductivity -> Ele. Weakness beats any other 5L Arc set up that I can think of. This assumes level 20 gems and remains true at all levels of enemy resistances (0-100%). Also, it does not factor in any +effect to curse nodes but does factor in the 9% +effect to curses from a level 20 CoH gem.

For my money, it seems that dual-curse-on-hit is the way to go for dps, but I'd be interested to know if others have found otherwise.
The reason Arc + SE + CoH + 2 curses won't work is because of the occasional curse-immune rare. When you come across those, your DPS is equal to Arc + SE... which is trash.

That's why I run Arc + SE + FC + Empower + Lightning pen and I externalize the CoH, so my DPS is still optimal versus the few curse-immune mobs I see.
[2.2] KuteKitteh's CI EA Regen Tank - Durable w/10k ES, instant clear, EZ-Atziri, affordable!: /1625757
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
I just dont see what you'd do when hit by atziri 25% of the time. Her lighting calls/flameblasts hit for 30K in regular and 60K in uber.

Reduce by 75% resitance is still like 7500 HP gone from player in standard. 15,000 in uber. One shotting us. I guess just dont get hit?

Please show atziri video of you not blocking a flameblast or lighting call from her.

When I ran her nothing less than 97% lightning under flask could survive them
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UiVFnBniuK8&list=UUfr_OnbD7g8uPk0s_mjzZLQ

I am trying to make a new build now that our max reisits were nerfed by 4% Now with "only" 93% resistance (under flask) I get killed to all those storm calls. I'm just wondering how any of these max blockers deal with it when actually hit? Since you're here SlightRedeye that question is for you too. I never did see your maxblock uber incinerate vid... Is it because when hit, not blocked, it's curtains?

Appreciate any input.
Can you cite these damage numbers?

Also, I am using Saffell's + PoF so my resists are pretty decent-ish.

Frankly, there has been only 1 time when I was flat-out one-shot by Atziri at max HP. It was when I miswarped onto a double-flameblast (whoops).

Otherwise, the storm calls do so little damage (or is it that I use my brain and dodge them all???), the small flameblasts chunk under 2k each, and I've actually tanked a big flameblast before without a Ruby. Damage-wise, the only spells that are problematic are the small flameblasts since they can be a little more difficult to maneuver away from, but nothing will flat out one-shot me at full HP.

"
sn3kox wrote:
Hello i wanted to ask you is this build apply to a new poe player ? or i should be experienced to try this build?.
I tried fireball build but damn it sucks ;/ Want something els to try it out
The poor-man's BM Arcer can be done by a new player. However, it does take a little skill to fully utilize, like most other builds. You won't feel "tanky" until you get used to proper positioning and things. However I would recommend giving it a try since it is one of the few builds with a completely affordable price range.

"
monkuar wrote:

Thanks

Sure, I uploaded a Labyrinth run, with 0-regen. That meant AA was off.

http://youtu.be/WHxd-tLuO80

1. You need leech. 1% is fine, 2% is recommended. I run with 1% leech though.
2. Stick to the walls. Don't activate the mobs in the center.
3. Stay a little away from him. (well, duh)
4. Keep him away from the center, where all the devourers spawn. That fuels his EK attack, which hurts.
5. If the bodies are really, really problematic, then use a devouring totem. I used one for mana because of the no-regen, but on squishier builds I try to devour all the bodies to prevent him from EKing.
6. Use a CWDT setup. That ensures that the first hit which adds to 440 damage will make you immune to the next set of hits, so each burst can only hit you for 500 damage, tops.

Simple. If I can do it with 0 regen and no AA, you can do it with regen and AA. Just play smart.
Last edited by KuteKitteh on Aug 22, 2014, 10:45:31 AM
"
KuteKitteh wrote:
Sure, I uploaded a Labyrinth run, with 0-regen. That meant AA was off.

http://youtu.be/WHxd-tLuO80

1. You need leech. 1% is fine, 2% is recommended. I run with 1% leech though.
2. Stick to the walls. Don't activate the mobs in the center.
3. Stay a little away from him. (well, duh)
4. Keep him away from the center, where all the devourers spawn. That fuels his EK attack, which hurts.
5. If the bodies are really, really problematic, then use a devouring totem. I used one for mana because of the no-regen, but on squishier builds I try to devour all the bodies to prevent him from EKing.
6. Use a CWDT setup. That ensures that the first hit which adds to 440 damage will make you immune to the next set of hits, so each burst can only hit you for 500 damage, tops.

Simple. If I can do it with 0 regen and no AA, you can do it with regen and AA. Just play smart.

How in the hell at 4:03+ you take no damage AT ALL from suppressing fire? What the fuck?

I did exactly what you did and culled mobs from the outside too, but once those poison darts hit me my hp is gone.

This is my gear:

Edit: removed my old amulet, now got this one:

I didn't get Mind over Mater (node) on your tree (my cloak gives it), but got the spell blocking stuff and the rest of your tree is nice. This is my character sheet:

http://i.gyazo.com/f275fedc29908c2a93232f0ecd62b909.png at 4k life. (Which is kinda irrelevant cuz you didn't even take damage)

Hmm...... wat the hell... Any idea? Btw, thank you for uploading that video, always wanted to see an arc do that boss lol.

Edit: I'm testing Herald of Ice and stuff. I run TS, Clarity (which i might not need anymore) and Artic Armour. I tried running purity of lightning with my lightning coil but still got raped by the bosses darts. (It's like lightning coil is worthless even at 150% + Res.. lol) I'm just really fed up with this. If you got skype please pm me so you can help.
"Good thing they nerfed the carto, it wasn't fun to find one in every map." - Haborym
Last edited by monkuar on Aug 22, 2014, 11:54:15 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info