[1.2] KuteKitteh’s Tanky Arcer, 20k+ Effective DPS, Atziri/HC-viable. Poor-man’s BM Arc included

Hey all,

Sorry I haven't been able to tend to the thread lately. I've just been completely bogged down with classes, work, and other junk that essentially prohibits me from having time to play PoE. Thank you all for your dedication and kind feedback, I'm glad you've all enjoyed the build.

Even before the 1.3 tree came out, I knew very well in advance that GGG would combat the effectiveness of block builds. The inverse scaling incurred by additional block was very, very unbalanced and so I predicted a nerf to the block system in some way or another, most likely by eliminating block circles throughout the tree.

I took an hour to take a look at the new tree and theorycraft a bit. I have to say that the eHP multiplier of block is no longer an effective method because it is so difficult to achieve the massive returns around max block. Instead, I'm looking to make a build around ~180-200% life + CoD and utilize the insane mana nodes around Templar to make a mana-fueled build that's reliant on huge pools of hp/mana to soak hard hits. Although it will be much less effective in the average mapping scenario (yes, no more AFK killing mobs, no more breezing through elemental reflect + minus max res), it may be more effective against hard-hitters.

I'm giving out two trees. These are just my current thoughts, but they will change as I do more research and actually reapply my efficiency calculations.

Practical Application version, 95 points (only 168% life)

Unwavering stance version, 114 points (196% life)
This version has a lot of the extraneous end-game nodes thrown in.

For this build, the items would be:

Lightning Tendrils + SE + LP + FC/IncAOE + FC/conc effect
Cloak of Defiance

No more Arc? Sadly, I decided that LT was more versatile with a tank-based build than Arc. Yes, the build also works with Incinerate, which I honestly prefer in some ways. You can still use Arc and drop the AOE nodes if you love Arc that much. Although I'm starting the theorycrafting LT-based, I MIGHT switch to Incinerate if elemental reflect is too much of an issue for LT. Mathematically, however, LT reflects 3.2% of DPS onto health for a MoM setup, so I'm not sure how much that will weigh against the build's ability to recover.

Side note: Incinerate tree

Clarity + HoI + HoS

Doryani's Catalyst
OR
Doryani's invitation/leech amulet + Apep's Rage

The build can run either wand/scepter + shield OR dual wand/scepter, depending on your preferences. Glass cannon version would be dual Apep's, the tankier would be Doryani + Saffell or something like that.

I'm still thinking about what the removal of block now means for its general survivability, e.g. versus elemental reflect. I'm still theorycrafting ways to reincorporate a safe level of spell block and elemental resists (e.g. Rainbowstrides + Lazhwar + Saffell for 140-155% spell block, along with TS and/or Mind Barrier, and/or utilize Rumi's) and weigh that versus the use of Incinerate for anti-reflect, but that's not until I get some solid time to really think.

Any inputs into my current thoughts are greatly appreciated, as I have been out of the loop for quite a while.
[2.2] KuteKitteh's CI EA Regen Tank - Durable w/10k ES, instant clear, EZ-Atziri, affordable!: /1625757
Last edited by KuteKitteh on Dec 6, 2014, 4:06:20 AM
I saw the Skill Tree and cried. I think I will QQ PoE. That patch (in that state) fucked me (us?) hard.
no disrespect to OP -

Just wanted to thank consca and PhoeniXSkye for the math on ACD versus Fire Pen around page 51 of this thread.

I was linked to this page when asking about this exact situation, and the numbers really helped me make up my mind.

My decision - Upgrade to a 5L and use both :)

Haha but really I wanted to know which was better and you guys helped me immensely. Thanks again.

Can anyone give me a link to the passive tree from path of exile site, poe builder is using the 1.3 tree so I'd really appreciate it.
Sry for my bad english

After I cried hard and wanted to quit PoE while using this build (level 93, soon 94) I looked the new 1.3 Skill Tree (pre Patch, 3 days before final skill tree comes online).
My Conclusion

The Build is not death

Its still very good

This would be my new Skilltree
https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgMA34rfsCyc5Ox2ERBYMjSD2wQHHwI6WFXG376FxUJLTLPbC4IewfOVIC0fAuNJsgelghCnCNgkNsUkqjbpGmydruNqFm8pT-Qi1aYaOJBVJy_sOIKbXyrr5OFz7SCiAASz8B_AZmjyJIt8uzrYBjnzBvuqUWC3PsauPC1M_69s-ehBh37HG_Hli9i9_grkUWebrj534xQg7w5QR18_Gj55OX7i6dWezZ_LpzAYkbyf_EsUTQHnNuheE-9OYVKGYIUydPEhYECgBS1gS8C_rK8M96mVcYXAGvMRsUJG19q52t2HKQ==

Yes, they raped block.
What we got now?
From 74/75 (normal, spellblock)
to 51/72

The most dangerous shit in PoE are still Spells. That got barley touched.

So we still laught and tank the level 78 Dominus who attacks us with his electro ghosts while our team buddies run for there life. (ok if u hear touch of the god better run too :D)

With the 3 Items we can still reach 75 if we want
(51 normalblock * 1.27 = 64.77+7 =71.77 ~ 72 Spellblock) (+7 comes from spellblock nodes in tree)
If the Item rolls are better we can go to 75 Spellblock (need 1.33 overall)

Nothing changed for Spellblock.
Normalblock is now only 51 instead 74. That means we take in average 88% more physical dmg then with 74%. Well sounds huge but it isnt... most creeps doesnt touch me anyway.

That 23 less normalblock is a nerf, yes. But it isnt the death for this build.

The build keeps still his strengh. Stupidly high surviving with decent clearspeed for maybe 3 ex in core Items. You need now the Rainbow Boots. But everyone and his dog wears the boot anwayway^^

If I want I can do for helm:
Cast when dmg taken - immortal call - enduring cry - Ice Wall
And for Curse I switch to
Enfeeble - Temporal Chain If i would really need

Blue Packs of Devourers, Angry Catapult Birds, explosion birds, leap slam goatmen and flicker strike mobs can still be dangerous but no problem if you play a bit careful.

In Short:
- 1.3 only nerfed normalblock (we have 23% less block now, that means we can still face tank the mobs but not the mobs + his friends + his childs + his parents + your mom)
- Overall I have for level 93 21% more increased life, 10% increased cast speed and 100% increased shit for making damage of arc better. Thanks for making Templar nodes so godly :D and buffing some of the mara nodes^^
- For level 100 I think I will have 186% increased life + like 85 maximum life. That would be like 800-1000 HP more (!!!) then now (now I have only 4k HP)

Thats what the new Skill tree gives me
Spoiler

Misc
+66% Elemental DMG
+10% Shock
+30% schaden vs Shocked
-21% Lightning DMG

Defence:
It was: 74 und 75 Block
Now: 51 und 72 Block

-35% Shield Defense (now 180%) (lost 78 ES)
-2% Increased Energie Shield
+21% Increased Life
-0.3% of Life Regenerated
+85 Max Life
-10% resistance while holding shield
+12% Resistance for all

Spell
+10% Cast Speed
-10% increased maximum Mana
+27% Spell DMG
-40% Mana Regeneration

Stats

+110 STR
- 12 Int

Maybe we can use one of the new 3 reactive Skillgems? Lets see what 1.3 finaly gives

Conclusion:
1.3 gives us great stats: more dmg and more hp (thanks to templar and mara nodes).
Normalblock got nerfed (for good reason, if u know how godly and cheap the build face tanked shit)
Spellblock is the same
Maybe we can use one of the new Skills.

I still love this build and its still very strong
(

Fixed gain extra 4% cast speed :p

Was playing arc + a little block back then as well, planning new tree now which looks quite similar.
Now I just wondering should I remain my 5-link 427es armor, or get cloak of defiance, save a few points for extra lightning damage nodes... never really tried EB + AA before, going to play it after this patch.
Wow thanks for the tip. 4% cast speed, yeeeah.
Sad, the new skill gems are shit. Nothing we can use. I still hope they will buff tempest shield block % to 8 or sth.

Cloak gives 155 ES + 100 Mana thats like 255 Mana. 427-255 = 172. You have 172 less mana but more mana regeneration. And you skip other nodes from your 427 ES Chest (HP, resistance)

You will safe like 15 Passive points. But then u lose 6% Block nodes.
You can spend 10 Passive points to get 5% Blocknodes back (and 110% increased defence from shield, witch compensate the 172 ES lost). You lose then 1% block and you have 5 nodes more.

It depends on your 427 ES chest. If it has HP and Resistance better dont trade off.

EB + MoM + AA (+ (spell) block) + good HP Pool rock
Last edited by KinZie on Dec 11, 2014, 3:10:17 PM
With this new tree, I only have 46/66 (with 128% block to spell block).
Even with a godly + 4% block on Lazhwar, I'd only have 50/71 (and this corrupted version is not cheap at all!). Sure 50/75 is possible, but it'd need perfect rolls on all items...

That would cost way more than 10 EX.

The items and the tree were even more nerfed that what we thought (even dps goes down). GGG decided that this build must die, so it died it seems.

Don't know what build I will do, LT is not really fun (and it's sound is so annoying seriously!), maybe Lightning Ball. Anyway, Cybil's Pawn and Tempest Shield seems pretty dead too.
Last edited by bejarid on Dec 12, 2014, 9:32:49 PM
Thank you KinZie. Im at 71/75% block with rumi's flask and 14.5k dps arc after update. Threw out incinerate completely but it looks like a great buff so far! I'm secretly hoping people don't even try it so I made sure to buy out all of the cheap Rumi's ;)

Arc with RF+flasks - 14.5k dps and 52%quantity / 148%rarity
Block with RF+flasks = 71 / 75%
Resists with nothing = max,max,max, -14% chaos

Running 75's as usual
Last edited by Profemi on Dec 12, 2014, 10:41:36 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info