[1.2] KuteKitteh’s Tanky Arcer, 20k+ Effective DPS, Atziri/HC-viable. Poor-man’s BM Arc included

"
Ricardobdi wrote:
Spoiler
Probably this was alredy answered but i wanted to ask you something, how the poor BM version can do a nice dps when you almost get no dmg nodes? basically it´s health + block, the dps i see in the videos is amazing for a tank build, but can we really do it without buying the uniques?
1. Dual-curse. We abuse one of the few damage multipliers that we have access to.
2. Real DPS time. No need to kite, no stunlock, no fear of ripping. Just sit and shoot. That puts the build's DPS on par with higher DPS builds that have to move frequently to avoid damage.

While the damage boost of Rathpith and Doryani's is nice, most of the DPS comes from gem levels, as with all spellcaster builds.
[2.2] KuteKitteh's CI EA Regen Tank - Durable w/10k ES, instant clear, EZ-Atziri, affordable!: /1625757
Just scored a 3 socket Doryani's for 1 ex. Linked it up and rerolled the color. Alas, my DPS only went from 4456 with the cat's paw to 4612. Still the other bonuses that are on it are a big step up. And for 1 ex, it was a steal. I also picked up Geofri's. Still trying like heck to get these gems leveled but I'm not seeing 9k DPS in my future.

Ha! 5 minutes after I posted I found an ex. This has been a good night! :D
Last edited by marlenus on Sep 9, 2014, 12:29:28 AM
"
marlenus wrote:
Spoiler
Just scored a 3 socket Doryani's for 1 ex. Linked it up and rerolled the color. Alas, my DPS only went from 4456 with the cat's paw to 4612. Still the other bonuses that are on it are a big step up. And for 1 ex, it was a steal. I also picked up Geofri's. Still trying like heck to get these gems leveled but I'm not seeing 9k DPS in my future.

Ha! 5 minutes after I posted I found an ex. This has been a good night! :D

Arc is 3 levels under, 4 if you consider 5link with lvl3 empower. You're missing out on over 2k DPS there. I would even get a level 20 arc if you're that concerned about ramping the DPS values up.
Faster casting isn't Q20, you're missing out on 12-13% cast there (or 3 damage nodes worth of DPS)

Also, that's one of the worst doryani rolls I've ever seen in my entire life, of course the difference would be negligible. You might even want to Divine that later, or just buy a better one outright.

Also, are you running Haste? That gives another 3 damage nodes of DPS.

You can also run Doryani's Invitation for another 2-3 damage nodes of DPS.
[2.2] KuteKitteh's CI EA Regen Tank - Durable w/10k ES, instant clear, EZ-Atziri, affordable!: /1625757
Last edited by KuteKitteh on Sep 9, 2014, 12:54:40 AM
Dude, have you checked possible rolls range? Its almost anti-perfect..
Hi Kutekitteh, if we are running a Flame Totem with Added Chaos Damage, wouldn't that mean Cybil's is actually preferable over Catalyst since Cybil's is spell damage while Catalyst is elemental? (assuming 1% leech is obtained through Invitation)

If it's a 3L Flame Totem - Faster Casting - GMP/LMP then yeah that's a different story.
Hey Kitteh,

so I rerolled my tanky ARCer :P
2nd playthrough goes a lot smoother, now that I knew I didn't want to go BM. No dual curse for now, I plan on getting some Windscream boots this time, as the Doedre's just kills mana regen.
The only thing I previously hated about the build - single target dps, especially vs. Beyond mobs - has been completely resolved by using Vaal Storm Call, as mentioned before.
At a measly 950 tooltip DPS, it just melts them in 2-4 seconds. With only Arc it takes at least 10 times that long.

Gear is completely selffound this time, saving up for a Doryani's then Rathpith. Also need to get an empower in there and reroll the chest (found it as 5L white heh).

Cheers

Spoiler
Last edited by therealjcool on Sep 9, 2014, 6:50:54 AM
Are you really able to run discipline with lvl 19 reduced mana gems as the guide suggests? I really got mana issues and want to run it but even with 2 lvl 20 reduced mana gems and lvl 20 discipline im left with 695 unreserved mana. I'm tempted to go to the aura wheel on the top left instead of the lightning wheel which will take me at 1000 unreserved and also give 10% effect of auras but I'm not sure if it's worth it.
Last edited by MuFeR on Sep 9, 2014, 7:24:48 AM
Well, I'm gonna drop TS once my block is maxed out with Perandus, so I'll only be running Discipline + Clarity. That works well for unreserved mana. But then again, if you are using a Rathpith that's not a viable solution, because you need TS to max block.
In order to have enough unreserved mana for MoM with TS + Clarity + Disc, I believe Kitty said you have to have something like >3k total mana. Which is a lot. lol
Kitteh says at 2.5k-3k and I'm currently at 2696, probably just a bit more when I replace my helmet which currently has 16es with one that has 100+.

Edit: Got one with 141es and +39mana so now im at 2930 mana with 776 unreserved, is that good enough?
Last edited by MuFeR on Sep 9, 2014, 8:34:52 AM
"
consca wrote:
Spoiler
Hi Kutekitteh, if we are running a Flame Totem with Added Chaos Damage, wouldn't that mean Cybil's is actually preferable over Catalyst since Cybil's is spell damage while Catalyst is elemental? (assuming 1% leech is obtained through Invitation)

If it's a 3L Flame Totem - Faster Casting - GMP/LMP then yeah that's a different story.
Realistically, Cybil's would give marginally better overall DPS. In practice, you want to keep your DPS on yourself as much as possible, hence why a Doryani would be better even with a chaos totem.

"
MuFeR wrote:
---
776 mana is OK but not amazing. I myself roll with 900 unreserved for the most part. I would toggle that 60% off in dangerous situations (e.g. unique bosses) where you're expecting hard hits.

If you're having mana issues, check your rings. If you're running Doedre's, try running Windscreams so you can get at least 80-100% mana regen from your rings.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info