[1.2] KuteKitteh’s Tanky Arcer, 20k+ Effective DPS, Atziri/HC-viable. Poor-man’s BM Arc included

"
_Kablooie_ wrote:
I love Arc and have been searching for this build, but have one concern. As a new player I must go with the BM version, however, one of the "must haves" is a "fail-corrupted Stone of Lazhwar".

Not sure what is meant by "fail corrupted" (failed to get the 1 more curse implicit?).

Perhaps it's the difference between Standard and Rampage leagues, but a Stone of Lazhwar with 1% Lightning Leech - current prices are 2-5 EX (!!!), NOT 1c as mentioned.

This is far above the new player's means to obtain.

Failed corruption means it still has intelligence aka nothing changed in it.
"
ILoveUSA wrote:
Spoiler
Hello, i'm at lvl 88 and i love this build so far
My current tree:
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMABAcFLQY5BukLYQ48EFgRDxSwFm8aVRpsHwIhYCSqJy8nYSj6LJwyNDWSNsU26DbpOlI6WECgQYdEq0WdTC1PfVFgU1JVrlXGWK9eE18qXz9gS2EhZKN0VXTtdPF2EXgNeWh5wHrvfq9-4oBWga-CEIIegseD24TvhTKNGY-mmuCdrp_LoLSnCKluqZWsmKyvsQW18rc-uJO40MEEw4bYJNi92V_aOtrd2wvcHd2M34rfsOAS42rjn-Ts5wvnkevu7tnvDvMG87756PrS_go=

Mu current stats are:
~8k dps with 5L
3500 life (153 life regen)
2600 mana (237 mana regen (w/o AA))
Maxed block/spellblock
108/105/124 resists

Any ideas where should i move with my tree? Right now i have 3 more points to spend.
Should i start using discipline?
More life. 3.5k is nothing for a level 88.

"
Zippaca wrote:
Spoiler
for vaal storm call linked with spell echo and conc effect which would be best ligthning penetration or incresed duration?
I would go with ID since you're going to be shredding resists anyways, and ID gives more DPS overall than lpen if we consider how often curse-immune mobs show up.

"
skjutengris wrote:
Spoiler
dps difference with a doryani vs a cybil paw?
using a cybil atm so just curious what difference it maked once I get a hold of one.

As far I am happy with the build.
dual curse once I get hold of one of those items.
I go from 9.14 to 9.44k DPS. My cybil is 12 cast speed, my dory is 93/9.

"
_Kablooie_ wrote:
Spoiler
I love Arc and have been searching for this build, but have one concern. As a new player I must go with the BM version, however, one of the "must haves" is a "fail-corrupted Stone of Lazhwar".

Not sure what is meant by "fail corrupted" (failed to get the 1 more curse implicit?).

Perhaps it's the difference between Standard and Rampage leagues, but a Stone of Lazhwar with 1% Lightning Leech - current prices are 2-5 EX (!!!), NOT 1c as mentioned.

This is far above the new player's means to obtain.
Failcorrupted means the corruption resulted in an unfavorable and worthless corruption, if at all. They're always cheaper than uncorrupted Lazhwars.
[2.2] KuteKitteh's CI EA Regen Tank - Durable w/10k ES, instant clear, EZ-Atziri, affordable!: /1625757
Ah, I see. So it's the Stone itself that is considered necessary, not the 1% Lightning Leech (tho' that'd help).

Darn it, I had a Stone, but Vaal corrupted it into a lesser (and completely different!) yellow rare.

Thanks for the reply.

"
_Kablooie_ wrote:
Ah, I see. So it's the Stone itself that is considered necessary, not the 1% Lightning Leech (tho' that'd help).

Darn it, I had a Stone, but Vaal corrupted it into a lesser (and completely different!) yellow rare.

Thanks for the reply.

yea the spell block are helpful with the stone along with castspeed and mana.
yea the yellow rare outcome is not common.
I normally try to get a hold of two of the same before I try to corrupt one.
if one totally fails then at least I an use one until the next one comes along.
Trying your build now. It's amaizing, but i did some changes wich will help ppl a lot before they hit 85lvl or something to get max block etc. Also i think 5linked curse on hit works awesome. Here is my gear and 77lvl version of the build

Build
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMA37DfioIQB6UC40myLJwQWCt4dhEfx-TsLYsyNG0ZHwII9DbFBAfAVNgk6-SD22pDpwhfKlXGuJOdrjpY6-4abOcLrJia4Cj61YEWbydhEQ9Fndo6gseFbSSqBul-r0wtU1KBr_noJNg26fO-jRkUsLjQQYfjavrS4BKCHrEFtz5-4tlf2wv-CoBWqZXdjNi9T301klFgtfKpbngNWK8LYYcpeWjBBF8_8wbjn6C0Jy_vDryf_o8MfRB_xp4=

Gear and links
Spoiler

Ball lightning + GMP and two curses linked is amaizing - you need to cast it like one time to curse whole screen. I recomend it over without GMP version, which is much more clunky to use.

Stats at lvl 77 with like 17-18 lvl gems
Spoiler

Last edited by Sslabak on Sep 8, 2014, 2:21:00 PM
Sorry if this has been answered, But why do you use mostly EV/ES armor rather than pure ES? Wouldn't pure ES give you more mana regen which you would need if you dont have alot of regen from other pieces of gear.
Along the same lines as the individual above me, is this viable against Atziri for this build (when 5-linked and properly chromed)?
Last edited by Brimba on Sep 8, 2014, 3:49:16 PM
Im impressed with the tankiness-dps ratio in this build, but since i didnt get to atziri yet i was wondering, can u kill her in a reasonable amount of time?
btw amazing guide, amazing build, keep it up !
"
ChaosDamage19 wrote:
Spoiler
Sorry if this has been answered, But why do you use mostly EV/ES armor rather than pure ES? Wouldn't pure ES give you more mana regen which you would need if you dont have alot of regen from other pieces of gear.
I carry items across various builds. I always use hybrid gear wherever possible to make chroming easy (e.g. armor/es boots can roll RRRR to BBBB as opposed to pure ES gear, which have trouble rolling even RRRB, or eva/es gloves can roll a nice GGGB without a hassle). Since I have a stockpile of hybrid gear, it saves a lot of chromes in general.

Also, realistically the base of the item is arbitrary as long as it provides life (number 1 priority), resists (number two priority), and an acceptable level of mana (lowest priority, and also the most expensive to max out).

"
Brimba wrote:
Spoiler
Along the same lines as the individual above me, is this viable against Atziri for this build (when 5-linked and properly chromed)?
I wouldn't use that in Atziri runs. The life/mana on kill is useless for the more difficult situations.

"
Speektre wrote:
Spoiler
Im impressed with the tankiness-dps ratio in this build, but since i didnt get to atziri yet i was wondering, can u kill her in a reasonable amount of time?
btw amazing guide, amazing build, keep it up !
If you check the notes, I did recommend that people follow an incinerate build for faster Atziri farming. While Arc can do it in a reasonable amount of time, it is innately flawed as a skill due to its poor single-target DPS as well as its inability to exploit GMP as a damage multiplier for shotgunning.

If I were interested in fully specializing the build for Atziri, I'd switch to fire nodes and slap on Incinerate. The plus side of that is that PoF will overcap my resists enough for me to dual-curse Atziri directly with EW+flammability.
[2.2] KuteKitteh's CI EA Regen Tank - Durable w/10k ES, instant clear, EZ-Atziri, affordable!: /1625757
Last edited by KuteKitteh on Sep 8, 2014, 4:56:16 PM
Probably this was alredy answered but i wanted to ask you something, how the poor BM version can do a nice dps when you almost get no dmg nodes? basically it´s health + block, the dps i see in the videos is amazing for a tank build, but can we really do it without buying the uniques?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info