Path of Exile Qu.I.Ve.R. Calculator - get up to 142.5% currency at the vendor!

This seems like a really cool program but I'm still concerned about its legality of use within the game. You quoted Chris as saying:

"
Chris wrote:
"Assuming that it's just an external calculator program that doesn't interfere with, read from or need the game client, then that's fine :)"

(bold text for emphasis)

"Read from" are the key words that concern me. Wouldn't this program qualify as reading from the game client? In contrast, a program like Procurement uses the website stash code to get your stash information, which everyone knows already is 100% legit.

Thanks for reading my concern. I would love to use this but I will have to hold off for the moment until we can get some kind of official word.
"
Neraud wrote:
When you have a few dozens of items and you're lazy, trying to add to exactly 40% is tiring ;p

I've quickly read through the HUGE class and found no trace of malicious intent.
I'll probably use it. I also might not resist the urge to change a few things (single huge class, close() not in finally blocks ;p)

cool! feel free to keep me updated if you have a deeper look into the code. it'd be nice if I could quote some people who can confirm that the program is harmless! :)

"
stykk wrote:
when clicking on scan (after calibrating of course), the program starts scanning through the stash tab (mouse cursor moving line by line), but after a few lines it just closes my stash, opens my character menu and the poe window starts flickering like it was new years eve.

is this intended or am I doing something wrong?
Maybe it's because I'm not playing in windowed, but instead in windowed fullscreen?! (other programs don't see a difference between those, but maybe this one is)

nevertheless, thanks for making this tool!

EDIT: nope, no difference between windowed / windowed fullscreen. I get the flickering in both.

yeah, sorry about that. this is what currently happens when the program finds an empty cell in the stash tab page. should be fixed when 1.2 hits: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/342371

until then try to map your character sheet hotkey away from 'C', maybe use 'X' instead.

"
BlackAegis wrote:
This seems like a really cool program but I'm still concerned about its legality of use within the game. You quoted Chris as saying:

"
Chris wrote:
"Assuming that it's just an external calculator program that doesn't interfere with, read from or need the game client, then that's fine :)"

(bold text for emphasis)

"Read from" are the key words that concern me. Wouldn't this program qualify as reading from the game client? In contrast, a program like Procurement uses the website stash code to get your stash information, which everyone knows already is 100% legit.

Thanks for reading my concern. I would love to use this but I will have to hold off for the moment until we can get some kind of official word.

see here: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/998281/page/1#p8478669

I'll try to contact support again so that they can confirm this.
Last edited by Hurri04 on Aug 20, 2014, 2:46:00 PM
"
Hurri04 wrote:

until then try to map your character sheet hotkey away from 'C', maybe use 'X' instead.

having empty cells didn't affect it (i have a LOT of empty cells between gems :D), but mapping the character sheet hotkey to a different key helped. Not it's working like a charm! Thank you!
Nice job. I used to work at a company that was able to charge many, many thousands of dollars for programs that did optimizations not much more complicated than this, but for clients in big industry!

The example screenshot you chose to use gave me doubts as to the quality of your bin-packing algorithm, but from your Youtube video it appears to be working as it should. Did you choose that screenshot just because it shows off your pretty color-coding? ;)
"
stykk wrote:
having empty cells didn't affect it (i have a LOT of empty cells between gems :D), but mapping the character sheet hotkey to a different key helped. [Now] it's working like a charm! Thank you!

good to hear! :)

"
Fightgarr wrote:
Nice job. I used to work at a company that was able to charge many, many thousands of dollars for programs that did optimizations not much more complicated than this, but for clients in big industry!

The example screenshot you chose to use gave me doubts as to the quality of your bin-packing algorithm, but from your Youtube video it appears to be working as it should. Did you choose that screenshot just because it shows off your pretty color-coding? ;)

as a student who will hopefully make his bachelor during the next semester this sounds great! :D

the program does indeed throw away some objects when recalculating the combinations but it shouldn't be a problem because Java has a garbage collector.

and yes, I did use the picture in the OP because of the colors. some eye-candy can't hurt to give the thread some attention, right? :P
"
AgnosiousD wrote:
"
Hurri04 wrote:

first of all I want to encurage everyone who wants to make sure that the program is harmless to get the source code and work their way through it. if you do, please post results to confirm for other people that it is indeed harmless.
the source code is written in Java so it should be fairly understandable for many people who have programming experience.

this is part of the reason why I decided to make the program open source: to make sure people can trust it by making sure themselves. you can even compile it yourself if you want to.

about the automation:
I can understand your concerns since I was having similar thoughts myself.
on the other hand it really is no big advantage over other players to have the combinations calculated for you but just a matter of convenience.
further the program "Procurement" has the same functionality included but requires you to log in to download the information about your items from the website servers.
(I will post a list of differences between Procurement and my program soon after I'll hopefully have some time to take a look at the latest version of Procurement!)

my program simply takes the "front approach" by doing what the user whould do, because
a) it makes things more transparent and
b) it was easier to do this for me in Java ;P

I definitely respect the release of the source code, I can't personally read it
but I know others among us can. In fact GGG had a representative read through and
confirm the functionality of the resource pack defragmenter that came out a few years
ago.

there was another post before you replied that stated that reading video memory
or any memory was not required, and that your program would be reading the same
information that gets stored with an Alt-Ctrl-Click_the_item... which seems totally fair.

I had not considered procurement, I've never used it.

Indeed, flasks are the easiest to manipulate manually but I can see some mega fans
of poe, having 25 stash tabs several of which might be completely filled with quality items
amounting to a lot of time to optimize the sale of... this program would help
large scale farmers a lot more than those of us who generally go with 1 tab or less
worth of quality items per vendor.

I vendored off a few gcp's worth of low value quality gems (remove only tabs heh)
this took me a while to do... with gems, you don't want to waste even 1% quality.

Hey. New tools are good :D

The tool looks nice but shouldnt gems be the easiest thing ? Gems take up no space so hovering and clicking shouldnt be a issue if you can do even the most basic math.
I think people would benefit most from it searching through all the random sized/shape armor and weapons that are more difficult to keep orderly in the stash.
"
H4T3MONG3R wrote:
The tool looks nice but shouldnt gems be the easiest thing ? Gems take up no space so hovering and clicking shouldnt be a issue if you can do even the most basic math.
I think people would benefit most from it searching through all the random sized/shape armor and weapons that are more difficult to keep orderly in the stash.

you can use the program for what seems the most useful to you.

gems require a lot of clicking though, if you want to sell them in bulk and remove the excess.
this is where you can use the program if you want to see whether you can actually get a 40% combination at all. with gems you probably don't want to waste even 1% ;)

(sorry for the late reply, I'm a bit busy playing the game now that the new leagues are out :P )

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info