Path of Exile Qu.I.Ve.R. Calculator - get up to 142.5% currency at the vendor!

"
Hurri04 wrote:
"
Gopstop22 wrote:
i dont know...when i try download it says this program can be harmful :/

when/where does it say that? a screenshot would be nice.
I'd guess it's coming from your browser?

I can assure you that the program is harmless. I'm now waiting for people with Java-knowledge to confirm this, after they've read through the source code.

though if you want to make sure I guess you can probably come back in a short while, hopefully only a few days at max :)

the most secure way to use this program after it gets audited to the communities
satisfaction is to compile from source...

I think the op should post some relevant instructions for how to compile it.
how to install the JRE (and which JRE) and how to compile from command line.

this would allow the paranoids among us to trust the exe
(for when it gets audited to satisfaction.)
"
Malwin wrote:
Class having 2000 lines of code, just INSANE! You should care more about quality of code.

lol, sorry about that :D
the main combination-finding algorithm actually only has about 40 lines of code. it's the user interface which makes up the main bulk of those 2000 lines.
also I put everything into one single class and cleaned up the code as much as I could (in terms of what made sense to me) so that it would be better readable!

"
Fawadz wrote:
I'm confused, where does the up to 142.5% currency at the vendor come into play? I already do this by hand, and it doesn't really take much time. Seems like you just created a program that could take numbers and add them up to groups of 40/20

I have to confess that the 142.5% actually probably never happens that often but just is the theoretical maximum of a simple calculation:
if you sold 3 x 19% = 57% you'd waste 17% quality compared to the minimum requirement of 40%.
57 / 40 = 1,425
this means that one 57% combination is enough for 1,425 x 40% combinations.
1,425 * 100 = 142,5%
;)

"
Gopstop22 wrote:

yeah, figured as much.
Chrome seems to display such a warning message as a precaution when downloading *.jar or *.exe files.

"
Neraud wrote:
Great idea ! It'll [be] fun to look at the sources.

A suggestion though : it would probably be much more "dev-friendly" to share the sources using a dedicated platform. Github comes to mind of course. It would create a nice centralized way to log issues / feature request or accept external commits that might improve your program.

Edit : a single, 2k lines class ?! I did not expect that ;p

heh, see above ;)

I thought aboute Github but don't have any experience with it so far. I'll probably look into it in the near future.

"
AgnosiousD wrote:
the most secure way to use this program after it gets audited to the communities
satisfaction is to compile from source...

I think the op should post some relevant instructions for how to compile it.
how to install the JRE (and which JRE) and how to compile from command line.

this would allow the paranoids among us to trust the exe
(for when it gets audited to satisfaction.)

personally I use "Eclipse" for Java development. it's fairly easy to load a *.java file and export it as a runnable *.jar file. I might add a short explanation if there will be more demand.
Last edited by Hurri04 on Aug 20, 2014, 5:26:15 PM
BTW. you know that prefered way to distribute java program is by using jar file not zip :) You can just make simple one file executable jar file.
People... people don't already do this? How hard can it possibly be to add up to 40? I mean, I'm not bashing on the tool or anything, I'm sure it's well made. But this seems like a very elaborate work around for simple addition.
"
antiganson wrote:
People... people don't already do this? How hard can it possibly be to add up to 40? I mean, I'm not bashing on the tool or anything, I'm sure it's well made. But this seems like a very elaborate work around for simple addition.

This.

Sorry but really if you can't add up to 40 you've got bigger issues than can be solved with this calculator.
"
Malwin wrote:
BTW. you know that prefered way to distribute java program is by using jar file not zip :) You can just make simple one file executable jar file.

I'm not 100% sure what you want to say. did you by any chance download the wrong file (source code and resources when you wanted the runnable *.jar file)?

"
antiganson wrote:

it can be a big time-saver when having very many items you want to find combinations for.
Looks pretty awesome. Unfortunately I'm unable to play poe until Sept, 12th. But got it bookmarked and will definitely try it out!
"Fixing the endgame was hard - No matter how hard we buffed red maps, people would keep spamming Gorges.
So we turned Gorge into a red map"
When you have a few dozens of items and you're lazy, trying to add to exactly 40% is tiring ;p

I've quickly read through the HUGE class and found no trace of malicious intent.
I'll probably use it. I also might not resist the urge to change a few things (single huge class, close() not in finally blocks ;p)
"
Hurri04 wrote:
"
Malwin wrote:

I'm not 100% sure what you want to say. did you by any chance download the wrong file (source code and resources when you wanted the runnable *.jar file)?

I did not notice there is release version as well :) nice
Last edited by Malwin on Aug 20, 2014, 2:22:01 PM
when clicking on scan (after calibrating of course), the program starts scanning through the stash tab (mouse cursor moving line by line), but after a few lines it just closes my stash, opens my character menu and the poe window starts flickering like it was new years eve.

is this intended or am I doing something wrong?
Maybe it's because I'm not playing in windowed, but instead in windowed fullscreen?! (other programs don't see a difference between those, but maybe this one is)

nevertheless, thanks for making this tool!

EDIT: nope, no difference between windowed / windowed fullscreen. I get the flickering in both.
Last edited by stykk on Aug 20, 2014, 2:32:59 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info