Path of Exile Qu.I.Ve.R. Calculator - get up to 142.5% currency at the vendor!

"
AgnosiousD wrote:
there was an issue a while back that the devs WERE NOT cool with that was arguably using a similar method to gain information from the client.

this other program would read your health globes level with a probe to video memory
looking for "a lack of red in the globe" maybe that was legal, but what they did next was
certainly not: they would auto jam a flask.

if this program is not hostile (rootkit), then It still might be treading the line
between fair and unfair advantage... I consider any real advantage gained to be very
trivial and certainly not anti competitive. but it is "automating a gameplay element"

pretty cool effort by the op, not gonna knock that. OP is clearly trying to color
inside the lines... but is he?

first of all I want to encourage everyone who wants to make sure that the program is harmless to get the source code and work their way through it. if you do, please post results to confirm for other people that it is indeed harmless.
the source code is written in Java so it should be fairly understandable for many people who have programming experience.

this is part of the reason why I decided to make the program open source: to make sure people can trust it by making sure themselves. you can even compile it yourself if you want to.

about the automation:
I can understand your concerns since I was having similar thoughts myself.
on the other hand it really is no big advantage over other players to have the combinations calculated for you but just a matter of convenience.
further the program "Procurement" has the same functionality included but requires you to log in to download the information about your items from the website servers.
(I will post a list of differences between Procurement and my program soon after I'll hopefully have some time to take a look at the latest version of Procurement!)

my program simply takes the "front approach" by doing what the user whould do, because
a) it makes things more transparent and
b) it was easier to do this for me in Java ;P
Last edited by Hurri04 on Aug 20, 2014, 1:15:58 PM
"
andkamen wrote:
feel its kind of useless for flasks.

Most people would be at least a bit organized and would store their Q. to flask in one place, then when they get 1 inventory full of them just go and sell them.

As you are selling you can tweak it so that its within a few % by just swapping a few flasks

the program does not only work for flasks but also for pieces of armour, weapons, gems and maps.

personally I think it matters the most for gems and then flasks because Gemcutter's Prisms and Glassblower's Baubles are worth quite a bit.

but the other items can of course also help you to improve your gear.
Last edited by Hurri04 on Aug 20, 2014, 5:20:52 PM
"
Hurri04 wrote:

first of all I want to encurage everyone who wants to make sure that the program is harmless to get the source code and work their way through it. if you do, please post results to confirm for other people that it is indeed harmless.
the source code is written in Java so it should be fairly understandable for many people who have programming experience.

this is part of the reason why I decided to make the program open source: to make sure people can trust it by making sure themselves. you can even compile it yourself if you want to.

about the automation:
I can understand your concerns since I was having similar thoughts myself.
on the other hand it really is no big advantage over other players to have the combinations calculated for you but just a matter of convenience.
further the program "Procurement" has the same functionality included but requires you to log in to download the information about your items from the website servers.
(I will post a list of differences between Procurement and my program soon after I'll hopefully have some time to take a look at the latest version of Procurement!)

my program simply takes the "front approach" by doing what the user whould do, because
a) it makes things more transparent and
b) it was easier to do this for me in Java ;P

I definitely respect the release of the source code, I can't personally read it
but I know others among us can. In fact GGG had a representative read through and
confirm the functionality of the resource pack defragmenter that came out a few years
ago.

there was another post before you replied that stated that reading video memory
or any memory was not required, and that your program would be reading the same
information that gets stored with an Alt-Ctrl-Click_the_item... which seems totally fair.

I had not considered procurement, I've never used it.

Indeed, flasks are the easiest to manipulate manually but I can see some mega fans
of poe, having 25 stash tabs several of which might be completely filled with quality items
amounting to a lot of time to optimize the sale of... this program would help
large scale farmers a lot more than those of us who generally go with 1 tab or less
worth of quality items per vendor.

I vendored off a few gcp's worth of low value quality gems (remove only tabs heh)
this took me a while to do... with gems, you don't want to waste even 1% quality.

Hey. New tools are good :D
awesome!
i dont know...when i try download it says this program can be harmful :/
"
Gopstop22 wrote:
i dont know...when i try download it says this program can be harmful :/

when/where does it say that? a screenshot would be nice.
I'd guess it's coming from your browser?

I can assure you that the program is harmless. I'm now waiting for people with Java-knowledge to confirm this, after they've read through the source code.

though if you want to make sure I guess you can probably come back in a short while, hopefully only a few days at max :)
Class having 2000 lines of code, just INSANE! You should care more about quality of code.
I'm confused, where does the up to 142.5% currency at the vendor come into play? I already do this by hand,, and it doesn't really take much time. Seems like you just created a program that could take numbers and add them up to groups of 40/20
Last edited by Gopstop22 on Aug 20, 2014, 1:41:04 PM
Great idea ! It'll be fun to look at the sources.

A suggestion though : it would probably be much more "dev-friendly" to share the sources using a dedicated platform. Github comes to mind of course. It would create a nice centralized way to log issues / feature request or accept external commits that might improve your program.

Edit : a single, 2k lines class ?! I did not expect that ;p
Last edited by Neraud on Aug 20, 2014, 2:15:20 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info