Path of Exile Qu.I.Ve.R. Calculator - get up to 142.5% currency at the vendor!

===========================================================================
►►► Update: Download links removed until a rework has been made!

It seems that there has been a misunderstanding on my side:
Spoiler
"
Hurri04 wrote:
"
BlackAegis wrote:
This seems like a really cool program but I'm still concerned about its legality of use within the game. You quoted Chris as saying:

"
Chris wrote:
"Assuming that it's just an external calculator program that doesn't interfere with, read from or need the game client, then that's fine :)"

(bold text for emphasis)

"Read from" are the key words that concern me. Wouldn't this program qualify as reading from the game client? In contrast, a program like Procurement uses the website stash code to get your stash information, which everyone knows already is 100% legit.

Thanks for reading my concern. I would love to use this but I will have to hold off for the moment until we can get some kind of official word.

see here: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/998281/page/1#p8478669

I'll try to contact support again so that they can confirm this.
So I contacted support, this is the answer I received:
Spoiler
"
Chris wrote:
We disallow any programs interacting with the game client for several reasons:
a) Encouraging people to download an arbitrary executable is not safe for them (even if this particular program is safe, others may not be)
b) Players who use the third party tools have an advantage over those who don't - and having to download and trust a third-party program to get this advantage isn't great.
c) It's easy for people to build secret functionality into such programs that automate things in ways that are really bad for the game (or provide functionality such as maphacks).
d) We can detect people interacting with the game client but can't always tell what they're doing. Disallowing it all means that we can just ban people who do any of it because they're probably doing something bad.

Procurement reads the data from the website, right? We currently don't disallow that because we can't detect it and because it can't provide the bad types of game advantage like revealing the map.

I'm really sorry that this all means that the we can't condone the program working in the way it does. I understand the program is harmless but the above reasons are why this type of program in general isn't something we can encourage. If it acted as a standalone calculator (or used data from the website), there would be no problem.

Maybe something we can do to fix it would be to get the client to log all the items in the stash/inventory to a text file so that you can read it and do the functionality you want without having to interact directly with the client?
Because of this I have removed the download links for now. I will try to rework the program in the near future based on the offer in the last part.

Please visit the thread again soon to check for updates!
===========================================================================

Hello everyone!

In this thread I'd like to present a small tool I have created:
It is a calculator for the vendor recipes for quality items which can help you to find good item combinations so that you can get as many of the quality-improving items as possible in return:

The program is...
  ► free & open source (written in Java)
  ► pretty fast
  ► perfectly efficient about the quality values of items

Why would you want to use this?
Let's say you have stored some 10-12 flasks with quality on them.
The flasks are not of the highest tier and their quality values might vary a bit.

What you might want to do is sell multiple flasks to a vendor so that their values sum up to at least 40% so you will get a Glassblower's Bauble in return with which you can upgrade flasks of the highest tier.

But if you sold e.g. 3 x 19% = 57% you'd waste 17 quaility points - almost half a Glassblower's Bauble(!) - so of course you don't want to do that!

Instead you will want to find combinations of exactly 40% (if possible) or at least only a few points above it. Now you could go and look at each item by hand and try to calculate these combinations in your head but that takes some time.

This is where PoE Qu.I.Ve.R. Calc comes into play as it will do this task for you in a few seconds.
All you have to do is tell the program which items you want to vendor and it will create output lines that show you which and how many combinations you can best do!
Screenshots

Click on the image to open a bigger version:
Tutorial Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BgepeDQuFuE

Download
[Removed for now until a rework has been made]

Please feel free to leave a comment!
You are also more than welcome to tell others about this! :)

Cheers,
Hurri04

Edit: Removed donation links
Last edited by Hurri04 on Jan 21, 2017, 8:44:47 AM
This is a neat idea! :)
Awesome, this program is scanning my stash tab automatically and gives me the best result for the vendor recipes! 11/10, would use again.
Just curious, but what does Chris mean by "read from the game client"?
Last edited by Epps on Aug 20, 2014, 11:40:35 AM
"
Epps wrote:

He means that its not allowed to read the game memory to do that kind of stuff. He has to take the stash-informations the website gives him.
"
Epps wrote:

He's not allowed to pull the info from the server or game client. The program reads the quality info by scanning the screen (that's why the cursor moves over the items) so it is done externally.

Very smart. It's actually no different (mechanically) than someone hovering over, writing down the numbers, figuring out the best combos and then vendoring. It does it computer fast.
Pacific (GMT -8) Time
"
Epps wrote:

this is a direct quote from an email conversation I had with support.

my educated guess would be that Chris means "reading from the RAM" with this.

the program uses a function that the game itself provides:
hovering over an item and pressing CTRL+C copies a plain-text description of the item to the clipboard. I simply parse some of those information to filter out the quality numbers and feed them into a combination-finding algorithm.
Last edited by Hurri04 on Aug 20, 2014, 12:08:49 PM
"
Madcow1120 wrote:
"
Epps wrote:

He's not allowed to pull the info from the server or game client. The program reads the quality info by scanning the screen (that's why the cursor moves over the items) so it is done externally.

Very smart. It's actually no different (mechanically) than someone hovering over, writing down the numbers, figuring out the best combos and then vendoring. It does it computer fast.

there was an issue a while back that the devs WERE NOT cool with that was arguably using
a similar method to gain information from the client.

this other program would read your health globes level with a probe to video memory
looking for "a lack of red in the globe" maybe that was legal, but what they did next was
certainly not: they would auto jam a flask.

if this program is not hostile (rootkit), then It still might be treading the line
between fair and unfair advantage... I consider any real advantage gained to be very
trivial and certainly not anti competitive. but it is "automating a gameplay element"

pretty cool effort by the op, not gonna knock that. OP is clearly trying to color
inside the lines... but is he?
"
AgnosiousD wrote:
"
Madcow1120 wrote:
"
Epps wrote:

there was an issue a while back that the devs WERE NOT cool with that was arguably using
a similar method to gain information from the client.

this other program would read your health globes level with a probe to video memory
looking for "a lack of red in the globe" maybe that was legal, but what they did next was
certainly not: they would auto jam a flask.

if this program is not hostile (rootkit), then It still might be treading the line
between fair and unfair advantage... I consider any real advantage gained to be very
trivial and certainly not anti competitive. but it is "automating a gameplay element"

pretty cool effort by the op, not gonna knock that. OP is clearly trying to color
inside the lines... but is he?

You can't legally get information about your health globe, you do get legal information about items. So yes he is...
feel its kind of useless for flasks.

Most people would be at least a bit organized and would store their Q. to flask in one place, then when they get 1 inventory full of them just go and sell them.

As you are selling you can tweak it so that its within a few % by just swapping a few flasks
LLD BOTW spark/arc caster guide http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1133731

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info