[1.2] BorWoe Max block + acro Supertank-build - 25k or 45k dps - Beyond (HC) - Affordable - [Ranger]

Where to take strength for weapons and gems? We are beginning to take strength only after level 50, and what to do until then?
"
Chuchelo wrote:
Where to take strength for weapons and gems? We are beginning to take strength only after level 50, and what to do until then?

You can pick up Beef (30 str) at 22 (just south of the ranger start) and Prowess (30 str) at 35ish, and respec out of them later on for 3 respec points.

There arent many strenght nodes nearby the ranger start, but those should do :)
Seems like a solid build.
But how do u deal with "heavy strikers"? Like kole etc. If we don't block/evade those hits, we will rip with that low armour..
Or am I getting this wrong? (I know enduring charges and IC can help, but u will come to a point, u forget to use those :P)
"
Steeg88 wrote:
But how do u deal with "heavy strikers"? Like kole etc. If we don't block/evade those hits, we will rip with that low armour..
Or am I getting this wrong? (I know enduring charges and IC can help, but u will come to a point, u forget to use those :P)

Same way as the Atziri Trio - Keep IC up :)
It's gotten even easier now to keep it up with echo, even on single targets.

If you forget to use them, pray for the dodge, evasion or block to help you :P

I find the heavy strikes to be the easiest to be up against, they're often slow, and would probably rarerly penetrate your defenses before you kill them anyways, even without IC.

Playing on HC, I'm not taking any chances though :P

Armor won't do much against heavy hitters anyways, it's best at mitigating fast, small damage.
Last edited by krilox on Aug 20, 2014, 11:02:09 AM
"
krilox wrote:
"
Steeg88 wrote:

Same way as the Atziri Trio - Keep IC up :)
It's gotten even easier now to keep it up with echo, even on single targets.

If you forget to use them, pray for the dodge, evasion or block to help you :P

I find the heavy strikes to be the easiest to be up against, they're often slow, and would probably rarerly penetrate your defenses before you kill them anyways, even without IC.

Playing on HC, I'm not taking any chances though :P

Armor won't do much against heavy hitters anyways, it's best at mitigating fast, small damage.

So u are going to selfcast both enduring cry and IC?
"
Steeg88 wrote:

So u are going to selfcast both enduring cry and IC?

Aye, that's my preference, I always selfcast both to have full control. I can kite while casting EC, and popping IC at will is priceless if you ask me.
Hey great therycraft build! I will definately be trying this out tonight and follow your thread as we get into The forsaken masters.

Have you got any ideas for other gem links other than DS, auras and the EC+iC ones?
Matbe a 5/6 link frenzy in the woe before blasting aoe and for bosses?

Bandits I guess is pure oak?

With regards
"
Fathervic wrote:
Hey great therycraft build! I will definately be trying this out tonight and follow your thread as we get into The forsaken masters.

Have you got any ideas for other gem links other than DS, auras and the EC+iC ones?
Matbe a 5/6 link frenzy in the woe before blasting aoe and for bosses?

Bandits I guess is pure oak?

With regards

Thanks for the feedback!

Oh wow, seems that i forgot to set up both the bandits the gem setups, i'll add that to the build. :)

For the record I'm doing Oak -> Kraityn -> Skill (or Oak if you want 8 sec end charge).

Skillwise it's:

4-Link: Purity of Lightning + Purity of Fire + Reduced Mana + Hatred
3-Link: Faster attacks + Leap slam + Blood magic
3/4-Link: Immortal call + Increased duration + Blood magic (+ Blood rage).
3-Link: Enduring cry + Spell Echo + Blood Magic (I prefer self-cast).

I'd suggest using the boots for the purities (BRRG), Gloves for the IC combo (RRRG), and 2 x 3Linked (6socket) Wings of Entropy.

or Leap slam + Culling strike + Blood Magic + Enduring cry in a 4linked WoE and Cast when damage taken + Enduring cry 2linked in the same WoE.

Added skill setups (Under "Gems") and added bandit rewards (Oak, Kraityn, Skill point).

2,5 hours till 1,2!
Beyond here we come :D

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info