Did anybody craft a 2-hander build for 1.2?

the most id invest in crit is that one wheel that gives like 110 and maybe 2 more to get 150%.

then if i really wanted i would be perfectly fine with just the three standard power charges

(i would probably have the new critical weakness on a cwdt gem along with enduring cry and a decoy totem)

of course ill probably not get hit enough to proc it , my scion only proced it cause she used armor and immortal call.

And im gunning to not get hit by these mobs.
"
Saltychipmunk wrote:
the most id invest in crit is that one wheel that gives like 110 and maybe 2 more to get 150%.

then if i really wanted i would be perfectly fine with just the three standard power charges

(i would probably have the new critical weakness on a cwdt gem along with enduring cry and a decoy totem)

of course ill probably not get hit enough to proc it , my scion only proced it cause she used armor and immortal call.

And im gunning to not get hit by these mobs.

the problem is that a low starting crit makes it hard to proc things that give you PC.

15% crit chance and say a 30% chance for crit to give you PC means that it's only a 5% chance to get a PC on each attack. As boehm pointed out, more attack speed!

the new asassin's mark is definitely helpful, but i expect it will only be around a 30% chance also, much like PCoC.

romira's banquet would be very helpful but is quite expensive.

so i still maintain that picking up 100 or 150% crit chance is almost certainly worth it and that those points are better spent elsewhere. the good news is that you can try it and then respec out. you don't have to design the whole tree around it.

And here's my attempt at a tree:

Last edited by plasticeyes on Aug 19, 2014, 12:35:51 PM
I got some weird idea I want to try. A elemental equilibrium melee templar that uses Glacial Hammer and Infernal Blow alternately...

Idea is to left click, and freeze the screen with a multi strike-glacial hammer-elemental prolif... and then right click with infernal blow-melee splash...

Spoiler

https://www.poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgUAhMREcop0AnEEsxRNqWgPVPAfogB35TKJwBqQVaeEGjjsOFfi-tJmnuNqNukWbySq7Mvx_mBlUfmPRh0UKPrr7riTpwi3PkGH-eiCx7XyNZLYvf4KpDnQgUfiIuIVICpNPydKyG6qMZ6mV03j_o8s6cwGcsOrC90NSn2Hdmeg_MXveu4O035NkiP2o4p4DaluGJFQRxQgpzAB5zboWK-GOzSO_9MKm-cKjX146xGB3UZjp1b6JyCt5KEbVtkU9mvZXz_BBO8OJy_jnzH7f-PkUZtY8i-krLyfmK0YXQ==

It's probably going to fail. But am curious..
Last edited by BitterBiped on Aug 19, 2014, 1:14:15 PM
"
BitterBiped wrote:
I got some weird idea I want to try. A elemental equilibrium melee templar that uses Glacial Hammer and Infernal Blow alternately...

Idea is to left click, and freeze the screen with a multi strike-glacial hammer-elemental prolif... and then right click with infernal blow-melee splash...

Spoiler

https://www.poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgUAhMREcop0AnEEsxRNqWgPVPAfogB35TKJwBqQVaeEGjjsOFfi-tJmnuNqNukWbySq7Mvx_mBlUfmPRh0UKPrr7riTpwi3PkGH-eiCx7XyNZLYvf4KpDnQgUfiIuIVICpNPydKyG6qMZ6mV03j_o8s6cwGcsOrC90NSn2Hdmeg_MXveu4O035NkiP2o4p4DaluGJFQRxQgpzAB5zboWK-GOzSO_9MKm-cKjX146xGB3UZjp1b6JyCt5KEbVtkU9mvZXz_BBO8OJy_jnzH7f-PkUZtY8i-krLyfmK0YXQ==

It's probably going to fail. But am curious..

That idea fails. Because multistrike is x3 and the other two attacks get nerfed, only the first attack gets buffed.

If you look at it overall, it's worse than not doing it at all.
IGN: Chundaziri
8/8 Ambush/Invasion Complete - 21/06/2014
8/8 Warbands/Tempest Complete - 10/08/2015
check out my crit staff build for 1.2:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/657739
question: now that frenzy just got nerfed to the ground , should i bother with investing into frenzy charges?

i mean there are 3 5% ais nodes that i can get in the shadow tree alone and i wont need to deal with the increased duration nodes.
"
LMHTB wrote:
check out my crit staff build for 1.2:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/657739

113% max life. that seems low. might not be.

200% in damage nodes seems ok.

looks like 400% in crit chance. very nice.

with the bonus in ES, i'm very tempted to try a hybrid tree with all of those tasty armor nodes.

something like this:

139% life and 170% ES. lost a little attack speed and some crit chance, but not a lot.

with a few more points you could pick up a bunch of crit chance in the assassination cluster.
2 Handed Builds are shit, and they get nerfed every fucking patch by side effecte because GGG doesnt care about them or dont know they exist,

Life nerf, leech nerf, Marauder start area "changes", and now again life nerf and max resistance nerf

and on top of that they already nerfed groundslam 2x times or even more i cant remember
I'm a savage, I'm a king
I fought deceivers
I conquered evil
Last edited by StormHunter on Aug 19, 2014, 3:49:31 PM
"
StormHunter wrote:
2 Handed Builds are shit, and they get nerfed every fucking patch by side effecte because GGG doesnt care about them or dont know they exist,

Life nerf, leech nerf, Marauder start area "changes", and now again life nerf and max resistance nerf

and on top of that they already nerfed groundslam 2x times or even more i cant remember

in fairness they did buff 2H damage a while back. it's still not close to being enough considering that you lose the use of a shield.

also the buffs to the staff crit in the templar area are quite nice and much needed.

but crit with any other 2H is iffy.

generally GGG does seem to want to make it harder to use 2H as if they were OP or something...

edit: actually crit with a staff is still iffy too. anything relative to a dagger or wand is not going to be as strong when it comes to crit.

Last edited by plasticeyes on Aug 19, 2014, 5:40:04 PM
So.... Would you take 5400HP, and X DPS, or 5100 HP, and 10% more DPS?

Color me.... debating.

EDIT:
ANd I'm not stating the DPS, because It's Spectral Throw, which is wonky tooltipped, and it's getting nerfed, so I don't know what tooltip will even be with the "new" version.
Last edited by shoju on Aug 19, 2014, 5:58:47 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info