Did anybody craft a 2-hander build for 1.2?

"
GodTheUndead wrote:

idk if I will roll this build though because ES crit looks so fun

that it does. until you figure out how many exalts your going to need to get a good dagger.
"
about 110% crit strike chance for swords.

on an item that, on a really good day, might have 6% crit chance.

crit chance on swords is mostly a waste, either go big, and get 300% or don't bother. and BTW, i have tried to make a crit sword build before. i had about 250% crit, at considerable cost in the tree (my life was too low so i was a bit squishy), a decent sword (300+ dps 5.7% crit and crit multiplier roll) and it really didn't work very well.

Abbout this part plastic, depending on his ACC % value combined with his attack speed (if opted for multistrike) could potentially result in a good repition of crits by sheer speed of attacks. Could also throw in the ring that grants power charges (i forgot the name atm :o )

This would bring the total of crit chance to around 15%+- which is nice considering his overal APS%.

I would not rule it out if build properly it could be potent imo.

Also i was just thinkering with his build, some nodes looked poorly chosen imo.

Peace

-Boem-

edit : typo fuck typing on a lab-top
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
Last edited by Boem on Aug 18, 2014, 7:54:56 PM
crit is not what i want in this build , the whole point is to be able to consistently one shot mobs in lunaris level 3 while leap slamming to piety ( this levels gems stupidly fast )

so inconsistent damage spikes are of no value , and i dont plan on using terminus est for the frenzy on crit thing either.

also I plan on using the jewelry crafting master to craft a 2% mana leech on my ammy. so mind drinker wont be of much use to me especially since the limiting factor will be my mana pool ( as 2% mana leach would easily hit the leach cap for the amount of physical ill be doing anyway.

i removed the sword node on the bottom wheel that wasted two stat nodes getting too it . and i full pumped the right most sword node instead

https://www.poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgQAmSu9gUd-FFJlTYTZvqduadX4xLiHapBsqZRhIRLhhO9gS3rvdO0FLSfVxFhAoCFg5cXXfsEHdPFaGiyFGNvdDVuvwKaKInz1wPOQCjqz_MVKfYd2Z6BW-n8rd9fWijB85w8G7ty9MbDL9dRSUUdNkiP2jX2Nv5Lz-uteRQW11CM6Qkt43agwccLstMVsjGKsnaq95j7PpcsM8m1stUgPqxa_VUth4iaVjDbLveaBeOsKm-cK73rTfv66fXUILu2DGY4AXgIRl3Cj50TSAyey3AhJ4JVW6A==

also keep in mind that there arent enough gems in the game to keep my attacks full physical and maintain the one shot result ( this is really only an issue with leapslam, and ill probably need added fire damage in there as well. so i may grab an elemental damage node somewhere as well.

man now that i look at it , the duelist has a whole bunch of weak nodes in his starting area.

seems easier to get away from it asap taking only waht is good
Last edited by Saltychipmunk on Aug 18, 2014, 11:10:40 PM
"
Saltychipmunk wrote:
crit is not what i want in this build , the whole point is to be able to consistently one shot mobs in lunaris level 3 while leap slamming to piety ( this levels gems stupidly fast )

Any idea what kind of damage you need to 1hit these guys?
P̯̹̙̥̉̏ͦͯA̠̝̰̣̯͕͚̲̭͈̥̠͑̓̿ͦ̾ͯ̍ͅͅȚ̜̦͕̞̞̠̮͎͔͙͔̺̺͉̟̿̿̏ͬ͛͋̍ͮ̌̚H̹͕͚̟͍̘̤̱̻̬͓̬̮̫̦͖̳̹ͮͨ̒̉ͮ̿̈ͪ̇̿͆ͭ̃ͭ̃ͭ̚ ̲̫̞̤͓̳͑ͬ̾͌ͯ͐͂̿͗ͨ͋͑̍͐͗̾̄O͕̮̻͔̳̠͉͖̳͖͈̻͇͈̣̙̪͈ͨ͐̒̽ͣ̋ͅF̣͎̞̞̯̝ͦ͌̆ͥ̈͐̾ͣ̔ͮ̐̀̏ͪ̚ ̟̩͙̙̩̮̻̼ͬ͑ͥͦ͗̿E̼̭̩̜͕̱̤̭̞͖̳͍̝̤̼͓̗ͩͫ̌ͬ̊̋̄͑͗̽X͕̰̪̱̲̩̙̦͓͓̯̠̤̝̝̯̣̥̀̋̌̍̚Ȉ̖̟͔̩̝̊̿ͪͅL̺͓̻̰̀͋̅ͮͧE͔̼͚͕̮̻̟̩̪̖̫̪̦͙̎̑͆̏ͨͅ
I wanna try a CI 2H cycloner build. I'm still thinking it out. so far I don't have enough dps nodes but the path I'm planning wants me to use AA for some reason.
Better stay in the land of the damned, Exile. Here, even the very words are corrupted by Nightmare.
"
lukeiy wrote:
"
Saltychipmunk wrote:

Any idea what kind of damage you need to 1hit these guys?

so I did a leap slam aura hybrid physical elemental scion build 2 leagues ago

the leap slam was

melee physical , faster attacks , added fire and weapon elemental

and the dps on the leap slam was around 7 - 10k. and i was easily poping mobs with it. unfortunately that build is no longer possible with the aura node nerfs (which have made them not worth the travel to get too in most cases)

in this case ill have about 60% more base aps on the node and about 170% increased base physical ( the benefit of not needing to dick around with those aura nodes)

I am hoping to get good results. but i do wish there was another physical scaling gem that didn't have the stipulation of needing to be multistrike.

at this point i have given up on getting more life and ill be content with having around 4.5 -5k life in end game with the 150%.

i still have a bunch of physical nodes and attack speed nodes i can take without the need to get more dex points.

but 85 is probably where i would stop the build regardless since i want to get the all level 65 character challenge done.

I really wonder why dexterity doesnt offer an offensive stat like 1% aps per 10 dex or something, i feel like i am wasting all that dex
Last edited by Saltychipmunk on Aug 19, 2014, 9:23:13 AM
"
Saltychipmunk wrote:

at this point i have given up on getting more life and ill be content with having around 4.5 -5k life in end game with the 150%.

Agree, the builds in this thread have WAY too much HP IMO

I'm sitting at 4.5k HP with absolutely pathetic gear in a dex based build with only 174% life. There is no need for 200% life or higher, spend those points on DPS. I did and my build went from 35k to 50k DPS by only losing ~500 life. (note: this is comparing two different post-1.2 builds. My current in-game build is gaining 1000 HP and tripling my DPS with the 1.2 tree.)

The new tree punishes you very hard for trying to get more than ~160% life because the life nodes are spread out. But at the same time it makes it quite easy to get up to 150%-160% life. Don't fight the tree, go with it and you will find much stronger builds.
IGN: OldManBalls (Warbands)
Last edited by demivion on Aug 19, 2014, 10:29:08 AM
This is how I'm going to try and salvage my Level 83 2h'd Mace Spectral Throw Scion.

In my current gear, it's more Life, an increase of almost 1k. But, since the end of Domination, it's been dicey as far as DPS goes, since they gutted the life from the mace nodes, and now with the ST nerf, I'm not sure if the DPS I'll be tossing around is going to be enough to keep progressing.

This is my current 2h'd Mace. If the build seems to work, I'll actually take the plunge, and try to get

Ready. Otherwise, I'm going to cut my losses, sell all my gear, and start over with something else.

If I could sell the gear the Scion is in, as well as the three maces I have, I should be able to pocket.... 60 ex? Which should give me a jump start on something else. Not much of a jump, since I obviously don't have amazing stuff, but we'll see I guess.
"
Boem wrote:

Abbout this part plastic, depending on his ACC % value combined with his attack speed (if opted for multistrike) could potentially result in a good repition of crits by sheer speed of attacks. Could also throw in the ring that grants power charges (i forgot the name atm :o )

This would bring the total of crit chance to around 15%+- which is nice considering his overal APS%.

I would not rule it out if build properly it could be potent imo.

Also i was just thinkering with his build, some nodes looked poorly chosen imo.

romira's banquet i believe. last i looked very expensive.

a good point, 12.5% with an attack speed of 8 aps, means 1 crit per second :-) my build did in fact have an attack speed problem. i had tried to take quite a few IAS nodes but it was still slowish.
i mean, my damage was decent, the problem is ... blocking. you don't have any. it's quite the defensive penalty and when the mirrored 1H swords are 500dps and a mirrored 2H is 800dps and you get no blocking it seems to me that 2H _still_ sucks.

power charges can definitely tip the balance. 250% from the tree, 5 power charges, 500% chance to crit, so 30% crit chance with a base 5% weapon. that does seem like it should work. i know when i made my crit sword 250% from the tree was _very_ painful. i gave up a lot of life to do it and ended up dying a lot because the damage did not make up for lack of tankiness. you see i can't afford a mirrored 2H weapon. lol. it looks like it's not quite as hard to get 250% from the tree now. but i think you will give up damage%, life% or both. so now your base damage is lower, so you crit for less damage.

and power charge maintenance now becomes a headache. you have to get those power charges quickly. PCoC with a base crit of about 15% is really unreliable since PCoC then only have a 30% chance (?) to proc when you do crit. so now what ? some sort of expensive unique ? voll's ?

definitely not a problem to get the accuracy you need, but you do burn nodes to do it even with acc on gear.

the whole problem is spending nodes to get crit more useful than just getting %damage, or more importantly more life ? and the answer seems to be that you want 40-50% crit chance or it's not. and if that costs you 50% damage and 25% life in the tree, that's a very expensive trade-off, hence glass cannon :-)

i get what GGG is doing, having a great crit chance witha 2H weapon should be, theoretically, really OP. so they want to make it fairly difficult to run with a 2H crit build. However It's not OP in practice because...blocking.

that's why it seems that crit staff is the only way to go since you get blocking and a high crit base.

i would _love_ to try a crit 2H again, but there are really a lot of advantages to RT, the most significant of which is having reliable leech and not having to spend _any_ nodes or slots on gear for accuracy

Considering doing a 2H axe glass cannon duelist later in the league if I get bored of char #1

Tree
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgQAmSu9gUd-FFJlTYTZbmmplMS4vqeQbNX40k2HasAPYSHV7YTvapN07bZBeu9OKloaYEtbryyFBS3dDUCg_MWrC-9OVvpnoHjrcsNhUqr4RA1314d2CpvMBr_VqKJxsH8rSn3nCkyxwdjI8DB81oo4G1FHjX1Tu974jb8-zyP2pHj6673mTZLB1ZLzXkXvetN-AF4Zju2DCC6bjX11_roknWJawPN89YoiwKYwT2RSE0ws6aaNdU5l8A==

200% IPD, 60% attack speed, loads of accuracy, 280% evasion 70% armour, enough mana and regen to run Frenzy on mana and 52% all resist. 110% life yolo

Would use the Snakebite gloves and Frenzy to capitalise on the big hits and Daresso's Defiance for near permanent onslaught vs bosses with Heavy Strike, Stun, and Endurance Charge on Stun.
P̯̹̙̥̉̏ͦͯA̠̝̰̣̯͕͚̲̭͈̥̠͑̓̿ͦ̾ͯ̍ͅͅȚ̜̦͕̞̞̠̮͎͔͙͔̺̺͉̟̿̿̏ͬ͛͋̍ͮ̌̚H̹͕͚̟͍̘̤̱̻̬͓̬̮̫̦͖̳̹ͮͨ̒̉ͮ̿̈ͪ̇̿͆ͭ̃ͭ̃ͭ̚ ̲̫̞̤͓̳͑ͬ̾͌ͯ͐͂̿͗ͨ͋͑̍͐͗̾̄O͕̮̻͔̳̠͉͖̳͖͈̻͇͈̣̙̪͈ͨ͐̒̽ͣ̋ͅF̣͎̞̞̯̝ͦ͌̆ͥ̈͐̾ͣ̔ͮ̐̀̏ͪ̚ ̟̩͙̙̩̮̻̼ͬ͑ͥͦ͗̿E̼̭̩̜͕̱̤̭̞͖̳͍̝̤̼͓̗ͩͫ̌ͬ̊̋̄͑͗̽X͕̰̪̱̲̩̙̦͓͓̯̠̤̝̝̯̣̥̀̋̌̍̚Ȉ̖̟͔̩̝̊̿ͪͅL̺͓̻̰̀͋̅ͮͧE͔̼͚͕̮̻̟̩̪̖̫̪̦͙̎̑͆̏ͨͅ

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info