[1.2] Whaitiri's Flickering Viper [Atziri proof]

Hey, thanks for the feedback! You're right, it is a very SC-oriented build, and i thus went with the "offense is your best defense"-strategy.

I can see your biggest problems are freezes, and desyncs potentially caused by being frozen while flickering. Auxium and Rumi's will definitely help a lot, i'd also recommend to install an OOS-macro or having the command ready all the time. Other than that, keep your Steadiness flasks up to further reduce potential desyncs, which i guess you already do?

To run all three auras you unfortunately will need a Lv20 Reduced Mana. Until then turn off HoA, but keep it socketed for gem exp :) Don't worry about your mana pool, (with Auxium) you will leech back fast enough to never run OOM, i'm flickering on 80 unreserved Mana and it works well - tested with and without Acuity.

The gear is great for that early in a new league. In your tree, you can save a point from the +10 Int node leading to Entropy, unless you plan to take that cluster within the next levels.
twitch.tv/enki91
"
Enki91 wrote:
Hey, thanks for the feedback! You're right, it is a very SC-oriented build, and i thus went with the "offense is your best defense"-strategy.

I can see your biggest problems are freezes, and desyncs potentially caused by being frozen while flickering. Auxium and Rumi's will definitely help a lot, i'd also recommend to install an OOS-macro or having the command ready all the time. Other than that, keep your Steadiness flasks up to further reduce potential desyncs, which i guess you already do?

To run all three auras you unfortunately will need a Lv20 Reduced Mana. Until then turn off HoA, but keep it socketed for gem exp :) Don't worry about your mana pool, (with Auxium) you will leech back fast enough to never run OOM, i'm flickering on 80 unreserved Mana and it works well - tested with and without Acuity.

The gear is great for that early in a new league. In your tree, you can save a point from the +10 Int node leading to Entropy, unless you plan to take that cluster within the next levels.

Thanks for the reply. I think I'll start saving up for a Dream Fragments just to get me going considering that it costs 2-2.5 less exalts than the Auxium. Not sure how long I can stand not having freeze protection lol.

I'm probably just going to get a desync macro since flicker strike seems to get me desynced very often. Also, if I pop a granite flask of iron skin and then the granite flask of steadiness will I still get the increased stun recovery or do I have to pop the steadiness flask first? I noticed that if you pop multiple granite flasks it doesn't keep increasing your armour by 3000 for each flask but idk if that goes for the additional flask effects.

My plan is to probably finish off the From the Shadows cluster and then head straight for the 4% reduced mana reservation and by that time hopefully I can buy a lvl 20 reduced mana and get my 3rd aura up and running. My DPS should be through the roof at that point which hopefully will cover for the lower survivability.

After that I think I'll get a Rainbowstride, probably an AR/ES helm with at least 250 ES so I can run RRRR for CwDT, then get a Rumi's aaaaaand then spring for the Auxium. I'd love to get an Auxium straight away but all the rest of those upgrades are 1ex or less.
Domination IGN: The_Bloody_Fist and Aurora_Temptus
http://poexplorer.com/ - Forum Item Search
http://exilestats.com/ex/ - Approximate currency exchange rate.
http://www.poebuilder.com/ - Advanced skill tree builder.
Sounds like a good idea!

When popping multiple flasks of the same type, the initial flask effect (Armour, Evasion, Life Recovery etc.) will only apply once with duration based on the last flask you used, but additional buffs like Curse Immunity, Stun Recovery etc. will stack and last for each flasks individual duration.

Goodluck with your farming, hope you can get all the desired gear soon! :)
twitch.tv/enki91
Could you give us a guide (or even a video if possible) on how to kill Atziri with the build?

What potions you use, what you do in every stage etc.?

Btw the build is great, I am 85lvl and have some pretty good gear on Rampage, but have never run Atziri before and I'd like to know more before I try it.

Last edited by p4rasite on Sep 9, 2014, 11:44:07 PM
I can try if i get my hands on some Atziri sets in Standard. Currently got only my laptop which isn't really performant, so expect the videos to be a pure lagfest :/
twitch.tv/enki91
I'm curious if you tried Melee physical damage instead of the pcoc or crit multi supports. It's another "more" multiplier and should be far superior in damage, once you reach a good amount of crit multiplier from other sources(yeah i know - 5 off-colours :/ ). In that regard, what do you think about abyssus?
PCoC is mandatory, without Power Charges you'll reach only 60-70% crit chance. Melee Phys vs. Inc Crit Dmg is a different story - a 16/0 Melee Phys gives me close to the same DPS as my 20/20 Inc Crit, so a 20/20 Melee Phys would potentially be more. It's just, as you already pointed out, really hard to get those colours and thus i decided to go the easier way.
twitch.tv/enki91
can u list some gear for beginners? in the op you said it was accessible but bino and a 6L and auxium is not accessible for poor players or beginners.
I would, if i had anything fitting in my stash. If you play Rampage, the most budget option would be:

- selfcrafted Dagger
- 300+ ES Kite Shield (10c)
- 400-500 ES 5L Chest (25c)
- Alpha's Howl (20c)
- Shadow and Dust (1c)
- Rainbowstride (10c)
- random Phys+Acc jewelry

All in all, this will cost 50-100c and enable you to safely run maps. Sure, you'll still have to farm a bit for that amount but in relation to what CI Flicker usually costs it's really budget.
twitch.tv/enki91
when are the videos or SS coming out? nice build but i wouldn't exactly say budget build. Right now i'm level 67 and i die ALOT, and someimes my flicker strike isn't strong enough to kill enemies and i can't flicker all the way. Currently running Herald of ash and haste with 4.2k es. Approximately how much es is needed??

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info