[1.2] Whaitiri's Flickering Viper [Atziri proof]

Ok thx ! Let level up a bit now :)

Will give feedback here as soon as i hit lvl 50 with passive tree and stuff :)

see ya around
Just tried the Lv79 Vaal Temple map bosses. Got one down, but the buffed up versions of those left raped me. So, seems safe to say Uber won't be possible, atleast not with gear of my tier.
twitch.tv/enki91
"
Enki91 wrote:
Just tried the Lv79 Vaal Temple map bosses. Got one down, but the buffed up versions of those left raped me. So, seems safe to say Uber won't be possible, atleast not with gear of my tier.

Sad :(

Between, Masters?
"
Enki91 wrote:
atleast not with gear of my tier.

lol

You have a CoE! That's the top tier :P

I'm running this as a witch. Still low level (the timing of this exp pack could NOT have been worse) but it works pretty good.
Hello, great build. I will try it in Rampage (just started).

I just have a couple of questions:

1) Have you considered the added chaos dmg nodes (corruption etc.), or aren't those worth it?

2) If you decided to go for flicker (for better AoE) what would you change (build/gems)? Is Viper strike with melee splash enough for clearing fast maps etc.?

3) Last question: are the Aura nodes enough for running 3 Auras? ... and I don't see all the nodes in the 60-lvl build, isn't it that important to take em early?

I may have some more questions during my play, but if you could answer those for now, I would be grateful :)
"
p4rasite wrote:
Hello, great build. I will try it in Rampage (just started).

I just have a couple of questions:

1) Have you considered the added chaos dmg nodes (corruption etc.), or aren't those worth it?

2) If you decided to go for flicker (for better AoE) what would you change (build/gems)? Is Viper strike with melee splash enough for clearing fast maps etc.?

3) Last question: are the Aura nodes enough for running 3 Auras? ... and I don't see all the nodes in the 60-lvl build, isn't it that important to take em early?

I may have some more questions during my play, but if you could answer those for now, I would be grateful :)

Hey there, thanks!

1. The Corruption cluster doesn't offer enough to be worth the points. Our damage is already high enough, with focus on the initial physical hit for maximum leech. Sure, the cluster would add even more DPS on top, but i chose to rather spend those into some block.

2. Actually only thing to do is switching the VS gem in your Splash setup with Flicker, they're even same colour so you won't have to rechrome.
Splash Viper Strike is definitely viable for fast mapping, with a Bino's you will shatter most packs on first crit. Flicker is simply faster, but also more desync-producing.

3. I'm currently only using the Charisma cluster with a Lv20 Reduced Mana, and got 80 unreserved mana. I did not spec into Mind Drinker, my only Mana Leech is the 1% from CoE and it works fine without ever going OOM. I tried this without Acuity and it still works just as fine. The Influence cluster is more for the additional aura effect, i'd recommend to first get all survivability-related nodes and keep Influence for Lv95+, if you ever get there.

You're always welcome to ask more questions here.

--------------

Updated the guide. Added Flicker for AoE, with a note that Splash VS works aswell if Flicker causes too much desync. Added a section about master choices and rewritten some parts.

Enjoy :)
twitch.tv/enki91
Last edited by Enki91 on Aug 22, 2014, 2:09:29 PM
How do you keep up the frenzy charges for Flicker Strike?
Domination IGN: The_Bloody_Fist and Aurora_Temptus
http://poexplorer.com/ - Forum Item Search
http://exilestats.com/ex/ - Approximate currency exchange rate.
http://www.poebuilder.com/ - Advanced skill tree builder.
why giving up so early on Viper strike? im pretty confused since i was following this build node for node. I feel like im not surviving very well but thats prob just cause of my resis, im lvl 60 not doing much dmg running 4L with splash ms pcoc :S

Now i should be switching to Flicker strike??

how much ES till i go into CI?

thinking bout making a new char.. this doesnt seem to work at all unless you already have a char fully geared with this

yeah i dont think this is really viable. vs not really that good even with buff. went into reave doing so much better.
Last edited by carbonite66 on Aug 22, 2014, 9:03:28 PM
Curious about your investment of 4 points on the Written in Blood wheel. I see the max ES, but half the benefits of that wheel are useless (life)
What about Vaal Pact? Isn't it worth it? I usually see it in every flicker/high crit build.
If we don't have the Atziri gloves ofc.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info