[2.2] Guide for Life based Crit Dagger Reave

what about mana? no mana problems?
Is anyone else having serious issues getting the required stats? Using DH at level 60, lacked a large chunk of strength. Have to take a +30 STR node just to make up for it. Additionally, I need to run an Agate amulet for even more Str/Int so I can level gems like Crit Damage.

It's seriously limiting my ability to search for resist/HP jewellery when everything I need has to factor in additional stats :/
Last edited by Madous on Mar 10, 2016, 2:38:49 AM
I am happy to see that many people are still enjoying this build.
Answered alot of questions:

"
How do you maintain Frenzy charges? How do you handle Phys and Ele Reflect maps?

Frenzy charges are generated with BR. You don't roll phys ref maps (same as with any crit based build).

"
Looks like decent damage but the survivability and end-game (T14+) viability seems lacking.
Instant leech combined with 200k+ AoE DPS and over 6k health + Acro is plenty of survivability.

"
SataJet wrote:
"You are not using EC, how am I supposed to obtain Endurance Charges for IC?

I don't generate endurance charges, in fact IC is only used as reflect countermeasure: 1 sec phys immunity protects me from the immediately following attacks, which is enough to leech back/kill the reflect mobs."

You still need at least 1 endurance charge for immortal call to proc do you not?

IC has a base duaration that is not very long, but sufficient for our purpose.

"
Jadran wrote:
As we near the crit cap the returns from the Ambush Ascendancy node are diminishing. Besides, if you Whirling Blades into a pack to trigger Fortify, some of them are not going to be on full life when you start Reaving.

A viable alternative seems to be Toxic Delivery with its +10% phys as Chaos and reduced dmg from DoT as a bonus.

I don't whirl into packs, because AoE of Reave/Vaal Reave is insane and I want to maintain my stack. It is also significantly safer to attack monsters from the edge of your AoE instead of face tanking. It is true that the 100% more crit is basically wasted, but the main reason behind taking that node is the +40% to crit multi. The effective DPS increase of Toxic Delivery is less than 5% and therefore totally insignificant due to Hatred, Unholy Might, Atziri's Promise & ToH.

"
ಥ_ಥ wrote:
I think for clearing at end game maps it comes down to whether or not that first hit with Ambush kills or not, if it doesn't kill normal mobs than Toxic Delivery would be more worth it perhaps.

Has anyone looked at whether or not it is worth giving up Deadly Infusion for that culling strike on Assassinate? I'm curious how often that first Ambush hit will put a mob into a state where the second hit triggers Assassinate, killing them.

Deadly Infusion is the backbone of this build and the most overpowered node of the Assissin Ascendency.

"
Talonly wrote:

Acuity solves all your mana problems. Without it you either have to drop Blasphemy for a Herald or use a mana pot.

"
Madous wrote:
Is anyone else having serious issues getting the required stats? Using DH at level 60, lacked a large chunk of strength. Have to take a +30 STR node just to make up for it. Additionally, I need to run an Agate amulet for even more Str/Int so I can level gems like Crit Damage.

It's seriously limiting my ability to search for resist/HP jewellery when everything I need has to factor in additional stats :/

It is true that you need alot of stats on your gear, which is why crit builds are considered to be expansive. Taking some of the +30 stat nodes at the beginning however does not hurt you at all, since you can unspec them later, once you can hit the the necessary str + int requirements with your gear alone.

Also I don't know why the link for the passive tree suddenly stopped working (see post from Jardan), so I reacreated the tree on the offical website to make sure it will stay available.
Pupicitas: lv. 100 Shadow
[2.1] Guide for Life based Crit Dagger Reave Shadow: /994474
EU Officer of Umbra Exiles: /732431
"
candoerfer wrote:

"
Jadran wrote:
As we near the crit cap the returns from the Ambush Ascendancy node are diminishing. Besides, if you Whirling Blades into a pack to trigger Fortify, some of them are not going to be on full life when you start Reaving.

A viable alternative seems to be Toxic Delivery with its +10% phys as Chaos and reduced dmg from DoT as a bonus.

I don't whirl into packs, because AoE of Reave/Vaal Reave is insane and I want to maintain my stack. It is also significantly safer to attack monsters from the edge of your AoE instead of face tanking. It is true that the 100% more crit is basically wasted, but the main reason behind taking that node is the +40% to crit multi. The effective DPS increase of Toxic Delivery is less than 5% and therefore totally insignificant due to Hatred, Unholy Might, Atziri's Promise & ToH.

I am pretty sure that WB does not remove Reave stacks. About Ambush - it actually grants you +55% crit multi total due to a node before it. Hmm, I have time to think about it until I beat Merci lab :)

I am really enjoying the build, feels good to be close up and personal again. I removed Leap Slam and went with a CwDT setup to up my survivability and add another layer of defence to Enfeeble, Fortify, Dodge and Evasion. Running Vaal Grace also. I felt that Leap Slam and WB were sort of redundant and I can't really afford two movement skills.

Will see how higher maps go.

"
candoerfer wrote:

"
Talonly wrote:

Acuity solves all your mana problems. Without it you either have to drop Blasphemy for a Herald or use a mana pot.

I took two 0.4% Mana leech nodes in the Spirit Void / Vitality Void cluster and respecced out of Mind Drinker and have no Mana issues whasoever, running without a mana pot or herald.
Shavronne wrapped Kaom's waist,
with her gilded purple boots.
"You want my sockets?"
Beef and Wisdom of the glade down towards the duelist are two on the way +30 nodes you can grab pretty easily and respec out of later when you don't need the stats.

beside that, you can run an agate amulet. Also don't over level you gems too early if you don't have the gear to support it.

Which stats on the off-hand mace/ax affect the Reave attack? I know it is Global Crit Multi and some global hit/kill mods like Death Hand's Power Charge on Stun and Unholy Might on Crit.

But is +Accuracy and e.g. +Life on hit/kill also global?
And what about Relentless Fury's Culling Strike and Onslaught on Culling Strike?
"You want my sockets?"
Lol, I removed the PCoC gem from my setup, I don't have Death's Hand nor any other PC generating item and I am still reaching my max Power Charges in no time. I am not sure where they are coming from! Help! :)

The only thing I can think of is the Unstable Infusion Ascendancy passive, but it's only 10% chance and only on non-crit!

Am I a wizard...?
"You want my sockets?"
Last edited by Jadran on Mar 10, 2016, 3:56:11 PM
Hi,

Very good build. Currently level 87 & no problem, no death, clear speed very good.

My gear atm :

Spoiler

I'm still looking for better boots, even if the enchant aid for mana regen (but it works without too).

Change my amulet, Bino's & Maligaro's day =)

I drop this belt that is clearly better than mine, but I have not yet equipped, I capped resists and if it allows me to get closer to a good dagger by selling it I would.

Thanks again for your build!!!
Last edited by vick666 on Mar 11, 2016, 5:41:49 AM
Sorry for the beginner's questions but how is this build generating Frenzy charges? I only see Power Charge generation but you're taking lots of +frenzy nodes on the tree too.

Thanks!
Hey, sorry if it seems obvious but, how am I supposed to life leech? I'm currently lvl 58 and I haveb no life leech, the skill tree also show no life leech on them.

And to Castanova, through the use of the blood rage gem.
Last edited by styp40 on Mar 11, 2016, 9:40:12 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info