[2.2] Guide for Life based Crit Dagger Reave

I saw this post and wanted to try it in the new league.

However, I'm a pretty new player (played a little at release of the game where my highest character was lvl41) and I was wondering if this is a newbie friendly build?

Also, can it be decent with little gear? I will not have a while lot of time to sink into gaming so I'll most likely be quite poor.

Will you put up a "newbie guide"-part or is this as extensive as the guide will be?
"
jeslun wrote:
I saw this post and wanted to try it in the new league.

However, I'm a pretty new player (played a little at release of the game where my highest character was lvl41) and I was wondering if this is a newbie friendly build?

Also, can it be decent with little gear? I will not have a while lot of time to sink into gaming so I'll most likely be quite poor.

Will you put up a "newbie guide"-part or is this as extensive as the guide will be?

Crit Dagger builds have a high currency requirement by nature. While you can also make them work on a budget, you will still need to invest a couple of exalts.
Pupicitas: lv. 100 Shadow
[2.1] Guide for Life based Crit Dagger Reave Shadow: /994474
EU Officer of Umbra Exiles: /732431
"
candoerfer wrote:
Crit Dagger builds have a high currency requirement by nature. While you can also make them work on a budget, you will still need to invest a couple of exalts.

Not a good first character on a new league then I take it.
"
jeslun wrote:
"
candoerfer wrote:

Not a good first character on a new league then I take it.

Well, I am not sure, you can get a few exalts' worth of chaos pretty quickly farming low tier maps, with the unID chaos recipe and selling decent drops. You can get lucky and drop a Brittle Emperor or two in Dried Lake (I did at the beginning of Talisman).

Also, I love builds with a high gear / wealth ceiling, it brings me so much joy when I drop an upgrade or am able to buy one and set a goal for the next threshold.

I am going to play this one in Perandus. This being said, it will be my first melee build in over 2 years, so I am ready to fail miserably :)
Shavronne wrapped Kaom's waist,
with her gilded purple boots.
"You want my sockets?"
Last edited by Jadran on Mar 4, 2016, 5:28:58 AM
What skilltree you recommend for the new league ? VP right ? or is it doable playing without it ?

With VP i won´t go towards duelisttree since it´s not worth it....better to pick up the a few jewelslots and stay around shadow/ranger. Will be around +150% life with tree %life jewels.

Was thinking something like this:
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwYAsNjjdaLZMjIjNsgUEJJTEPVv2YZqjLxvFr8mlXX9YeKEb1VL1EKMNqZ_tUiJ0-1B62NwUhEvNj0qC52qXfJsjA5IYqwRlrTFkBsHHsLsDPLb53BWlS4FtaXLRwaaE_DV6NaNv_Lh2Hbb1ElRIuqbJlFH1CNjQ1b1uT7DOi1VMgHnVD7PMHwwcdturGYqOBaqshkk_b3myNyNfd2ol9As4T3Rz3r_3iP2S3iOin3jBX1NkqOKOkKxswxzG62VZgSxA4d7FNN-AF59dRmO_rrtgwguN9TtP5u1hMVsCPGK

Maybe swap Nightstalker/Written in blood for Twin terror/Thick skin. Feels like the critchance should be high enough though...

And do you guys think this build will do ok with mediocre gear ? was thinking about starting with this in the new league...

"
chockdoo wrote:
And do you guys think this build will do ok with mediocre gear ? was thinking about starting with this in the new league...

Yeah, I am planning it to, so if it's a horrible idea please let me know :)
"You want my sockets?"
How do you maintain Frenzy charges? How do you handle Phys and Ele Reflect maps?

Looks like decent damage but the survivability and end-game (T14+) viability seems lacking.
I believe frenzy charges are maintained via Blood Rage. The question with reflect is answered in the 1st post, although I haven't played in T14+ maps so I am not sure if it also applies there.
"You want my sockets?"
"You are not using EC, how am I supposed to obtain Endurance Charges for IC?

I don't generate endurance charges, in fact IC is only used as reflect countermeasure: 1 sec phys immunity protects me from the immediately following attacks, which is enough to leech back/kill the reflect mobs."

You still need at least 1 endurance charge for immortal call to proc do you not?
As we near the crit cap the returns from the Ambush Ascendancy node are diminishing. Besides, if you Whirling Blades into a pack to trigger Fortify, some of them are not going to be on full life when you start Reaving.

A viable alternative seems to be Toxic Delivery with its +10% phys as Chaos and reduced dmg from DoT as a bonus.
"You want my sockets?"

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info